Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    I missed that you moved the SD card, you cannot do that. As the Pi4 uses a completely different kernel and modules. We include all of the kernels on boot disk, but when you add things, only the current running kernel extensions are downloaded.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

ok, sorry, perhaps I didn't make that clear enough.

Other than the network mount, everything else seems to be working on the Pi3. Are there any other potential problems I should be aware of?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acanning View Post
    ok, sorry, perhaps I didn't make that clear enough.

Other than the network mount, everything else seems to be working on the Pi3. Are there any other potential problems I should be aware of?

Thanks
    There are quite a few bugs in that beta, but not specifically related to the pi4 or pi3. I'm going to release another beta soon with a 64bit pi4 kernel.

Is there a list of problems or activities that needs to be tagged off before version 6 can come out of beta and be released? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I'm going to release another beta soon with a 64bit pi4 kernel.

Just for info Paul

I have the iQaudio dac+ on rpi4b (4gb) running raspbian desktop with the 64 bit kernel. Seems to be working OK at the moment.(It's not the new model)

Using Jivelte for a desktop player, It plays through a built Spotify-connect client and through the Chromium browser.

Also have used a khadas toneboard usb.

cheers

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Is there a list of problems or activities that needs to be tagged off before version 6 can come out of beta and be released? Just curious.
    It's mostly revolving around my available time. But in general, pCP6 is ready, other than some details related the the pi4. I have the 64bit kernel stuff built, but selection has not yet been integrated, I'm holding off for now, I may end up just making 64 bit kernel the default if things pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I have the iQaudio dac+ on rpi4b (4gb) running raspbian desktop with the 64 bit kernel. Seems to be working OK at the moment.(It's not the new model)
    It's a bit off-topic, but does this set generate temperature problems? (In a few months, I will probably associate a rpi4b and a DAC+ Pro Hifiberry.The rpi3b+ is already hot with this DAC in the plastic box provided by Hifiberry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Franck@ View Post
    It's a bit off-topic, but does this set generate temperature problems? (In a few months, I will probably associate a rpi4b and a DAC+ Pro Hifiberry.The rpi3b+ is already hot with this DAC in the plastic box provided by Hifiberry.)
    rpi4b is in a case

The average temp is 64/65 C.

A similar set up (bare board) running Buster-Lite, headless, with USB outlet runs at 55/60 C. This is propped up so the pi is almost vertical on the long side, the gpio pins on the bottom).

ronnie
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2019-09-17 at 04:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    rpi4b is in a case

The average temp is 64/65 C.

A similar set up (bare board) running Buster-Lite, headless, with USB outlet runs at 55/60 C. This is propped up so the pi is almost vertical on the long side, the gpio pins on the bottom).

ronnie
    Thank you for the info. I thought the DAC card would also be inside the case.

Unless there is a reason not to mount a small fan on your case it certainly helped my RPI4. I use a FLIRC case and the case/fan combo drops the temp to 38C.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Franck@ View Post
    Thank you for the info. I thought the DAC card would also be inside the case.