Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1347
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes we include the DS1307 driver in our rtc module pack. (you need to manually install that extension) Not sure how long that supercapacitor will last, Not sure I would count on it lasting overnight. There are battery powered boards too.

Couple of cautions. RPI i2S cards are also going to connect to the i2C bus, but being a serial bus, it should live fine together, but you may need to so some soldering and such to connect everything to the rpi header. The installation instructions are similar, but different. The piCore OS just works different than raspbian.
    Quick question, I've been reading a bit more and the DS3231 seems to come up as a better RTC than the 1307. Is that PCP compatible too?

Also when you said installation is different to raspbian, are there guides anywhere I could follow? I'm pretty in the dark on linux commands etc if I need to setup that way.

No idea... the chip name doesn't always correspond to the driver needed. We include all the same drivers as Raspbian.....you just have to grab the rtc extension.

As for a guide, you will need to know some linux commands.....you can read info about the Core OS here. http://tinycorelinux.net/faq.html. The challenge with RTC is getting the i2c working. But its not that bad. Start your own thread......discussing your journey.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Yes it seems it uses the same driver. I'll do some more research. Thanks.

I'm trying to setup the wireless AP on a Pi4 and it installs everything then when I start the AP it appeared to drop the wired connection. What I've discovered actually happens is upon starting the AP my manually configured static IP settings in LMS get ignored and the pi picks up a DHCP address. If I connect back to the web interface on the newly assigned DHCP address and check the static IP settings under beta functions it still shows as static and has the address I want in there. Strange.

So I went back to wifi settings, WAP mode and changed autostart to no then reboot the pi, my static IP works again.

Also even when the AP is setup and the console says its started during the boot sequence if i go into the web interface it always says "AP mode not running" and the AP isn't visible when I scan for it.
    Last edited by stephentw; 2020-03-07 at 11:09.

Hmm I just read another thread, AP sends traffic to eth 0? That would explain my troubles I guess.

Is there a way to have the pi/LMS wired with the static I want (on a seperate network to my internet facing network so no internet connection and no wireless router) and also run the AP so I can connect to the web interface still without connecting a cable to the switch?

That typically means you are selecting a channel or setting that is not allowed in your country.

I'll have to add a dependency to get a better view of this. You can download the extension iw.tcz and then run

sudo iw list

This will show you disabled frequencies, or ones that require other special functions.

You can also run

sudo iw reg get

This will show channels ....I would avoid channels that require DFS, as the likely need a bunch of extra configuration. There are also reports that AC mode doesn't work with European country codes.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Hmm I sm in Europe but I left the country code at US. Is that an issue too?

So it shouldn't matter that the AP is in use at the same time as Ethernet?

Quote Originally Posted by stephentw View Post
    Hmm I sm in Europe but I left the country code at US. Is that an issue too?

So it shouldn't matter that the AP is in use at the same time as Ethernet?
    If you are using WiFi, having an incorrect county code will produce issues ("bad reception" and frequent drop outs among them).

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I recently updated from pCP 5.0.0 to 6.0.0-b9. Everything works great, except one small thing.

In my two "newer" players (Touch and Radio) the time (clock) is correct, but in my two legacy players (Boom and Classic) the time is one hour behind.

I've been looking through the settings in pCP under tweaks and I have the correct timezone for Sweden (CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3). I've also checked in LMS (7.9.2), but I can't find anywhere so set different settings for time for the players.

Anyone else who has this problem?
    Yup, here.
    SB3 and Squeezelite players are now two hours behind since the clock change. (Same timezone as you.)
    pCP/LMS Server has the right time.

Did you find a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Yup, here.
    SB3 and Squeezelite players are now two hours behind since the clock change. (Same timezone as you.)
    pCP/LMS Server has the right time.

Did you find a fix?

i have a similar problem with the 6.0.0 release version. You might want to post over there

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post970241

pete S