Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 129 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1349
    I have the cache on the same USB3 disk as my music, with the result that my pCP installation only uses 106Mb on the SD card. I backup my SD card to a zipped image on the music disk every night via cron job, and the image is much bigger than it needs to be because I mistakenly expanded the partition to much bigger than necessary - 1000Mb. In fact I'm quite surprised to see that the zipped image is ~600mb. I didn't expect unused partition space to contribute to the backup size. I should probably look into shrinking the partition to maybe 200Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I've just burned a pCP6.0.0RC1 card and the on board sound seems to be working OK for me.

Its just a player in my system though

Jeff
    Which audio output device are you using? I've tried analogue and analogue which I assumed was the 3.5mm jack on the pi.

Is it a pi4b you tried it on?

Quote Originally Posted by stephentw View Post
    Which audio output device are you using? I've tried analogue and analogue which I assumed was the 3.5mm jack on the pi.

Is it a pi4b you tried it on?
    Analogue out, the 3.5mm Jack and yes a Pi4 B

It does seem either the Pi4 or the latest pCP is "sensitive" though as I had to reburn the sdcard before I could go back to my DAC+

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

The issue with on board sound was related to squeezelite defaulting to use mmap. With the pi4 being a 64bit kernel, mmap doesn't work. So you just need to turn off mmap in squeezelite. Which is done automatically now.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Oh ok well it doesn't work for me for some reason. It shows up as a player and I can play songs from the web interface but I get no sound from the headphones.

Ah fixed it, I had to delete the "output setting" string in squeezelite settings and it kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    When uploading a IR Keytables conf file the "Browse" button does not work.
    It does work if you click in the grey border to the left, above or below the "Browse" button and "No File Selected" Text but not to the right
    Using Firefox on Win 10

Noticed this on b9 as well but forgot to report

Jeff
    You cant even click in the area that there is text shown. Appears to be a longstanding issue in firefox.....at least google returns hits back to 2014. Everything talks about hiding the default element and make my own.......perhaps down the road.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You cant even click in the area that there is text shown. Appears to be a longstanding issue in firefox.....at least google returns hits back to 2014. Everything talks about hiding the default element and make my own.......perhaps down the road.
    Same problem with Cliqz on Win 10, but not surprising given that it is also Mozilla and very closely related to Firefox.
    Serverrpi3 pCP5.0.1 LMS7.9.2
    MediaUSB hard drive
    Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
    Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfrescoas above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    OthersSB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    I have the cache on the same USB3 disk as my music, with the result that my pCP installation only uses 106Mb on the SD card. I backup my SD card to a zipped image on the music disk every night via cron job, and the image is much bigger than it needs to be because I mistakenly expanded the partition to much bigger than necessary - 1000Mb. In fact I'm quite surprised to see that the zipped image is ~600mb. I didn't expect unused partition space to contribute to the backup size. I should probably look into shrinking the partition to maybe 200Mb.
    Hi,

I don't know if I have to leave the cache on the SD Card or move it on my USB disk.

So for you, what is the benefit to have the cache on the disk containing your music ? Just a question of saved space on the sd card or LMS is more reactive ?

Thanks

Christophe

There is no 100% certain place that it should be.

Some people do not like having LMS (or the system it is running on) being able to write to the place where the music is stored to reduce the possibility of something going horribly wrong and a carefully created (but not backed up) collection gets destroyed (at least I assume that is the main reason).
    The drive might also be noisy and will consume more power.

Also - if the music is stored on a NAS and LMS is running somewhere else (e.g. RPi) then having the cache over a network link may well make things slower.

Having the cache on the local SD card where LMS is booted is the default for pCP so is probably how it is set for many installations.
    The fear there is that either the SD card is too small to hold the database files that LMS uses (could easily be multiple GB when there is a lot of artwork/artists along with plugins that fetch and store extra info) or that having frequent writes to the SD card (LMS writes data back to the card for logging and current playlist) might reduce the lifetime of the card.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland