Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 120 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1349
    Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    What platform (Windows, Mac, Linux etc ) and tools (editors, image burner etc) are you using to set this up?

Paul- is sure the wifi drivers are not loading, that seems pretty low level, have you tried a fresh download of pCP v6, perhaps a different micro SD card a change of image burning software?

There's lots to try before we give up on you

Kev
    I'm using Linux Mint platform and my image burner is Etcher. For the editor, I'm using the one in Linux Mint. Is there an other one more performant?

Quote Originally Posted by Zabizabo View Post
    I'm using Linux Mint platform and my image burner is Etcher. For the editor, I'm using the one in Linux Mint. Is there an other one more performant?
    I think the standard editor in Mint is xed. Maybe install Ghex and take a look at a hex dump of the file to see if any strange characters have been added to wpa_supplicant.conf by xed.
    --ian

Hello all, the magnificent pCp team

Today, I tried to change the name of my SSID because there was a "-" in its name. Nothing has changed.

I have installed Volumio and the wifi is working fine. But I don't really like it. In addition, it failed to start the LMS plugin. I'm damned .

There is really something I don't understand. The first time I used the pCp 6.0b7 on my RPi 4 and I got the wifi. I even left a message here telling that everything was working well with my set-up. The problem went when I update pCp internally (not by doing a fresh install).
    I think I tried to go back to the beta 7 but without success for my wifi. I will do a new try and let you know.

Christophe

Hi to all. I didn't know picoreplayer. I had been using moode with Lms and squezelite. Today I saw picoreplayer and I'm trying it.
    I need some advice to set it at the best.
    I have raspberry 4 with 4gb of ram. It is connected to my amplifier by usb because my amplifier has integrated dac (rotel A12). I need to connect raspberry in WiFi mode.
    I use only Lms and squeezelite. I use web radio in Lms, my local library and Spotify with spotty plugin.
    Can you suggest me the best settings to squeezelite, to kernel, to CPU tweak etc etc? Thanks
    Paolo
    Last edited by corrobor; 2020-02-22 at 14:34.

Hello all, the magnificent pCp team

Today, I tried to change the name of my SSID because there was a "-" in its name. Nothing has changed.

I have installed Volumio and the wifi is working fine. But I don't really like it. In addition, it failed to start the LMS plugin. I'm damned .

There is really something I don't understand. The first time I used the pCp 6.0b7 on my RPi 4 and I got the wifi. I even left a message here telling that everything was working well with my set-up. The problem went when I update pCp internally (not by doing a fresh install).
    I think I tried to go back to the beta 7 but without success for my wifi. I will do a new try and let you know.

Christophe
    Fresh install with pCp 6.0 b7 ==> Wifi is there, allelujah . So the problem seems coming from the b9. @the developers, I can provide you some log or files if you want. Just tell me what you need.

Christophe

There were some under the hood changes between 7 and 9, but nothing that would affect only you. You could post all the same info as you had done before, but not expecting to see much.

And I have done a 7 to 9 upgrade with WiFi too.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhardc View Post
    Hi Paul,
    when i select streamer on the tweak page, there is no input device listed. This is also the case, when squeezelite output is to analog output.
    Attachment 29479
    I have not forgot about this. I did confirm there is a problem here. Just not sure yet where it broke.

Fresh install with pCp 6.0 b7 ==> Wifi is there, allelujah . So the problem seems coming from the b9. @the developers, I can provide you some log or files if you want. Just tell me what you need.

Christophe
    That's good news Christophe, I still have been looking at this for you - working on wifi firmware loading...

So far I've found if there's no wpa_supplicant.conf in the boot partition on first boot then the wifi firmware doesn't load.
    Likewise if you turn off wifi in pCP Wifi settings, save and reboot then wifi firmware isn't loaded.
    These both seem to be quite normal behaviour.

My thoughts at the moment is at the time your dmesg showed no wifi firmware load somehow you had either no wpa_supplicant,conf in the boot partition or wifi was turned off.

Anyway, back to your b7 news... what procedure did you follow to get that up and running?

You said you tried removed the - from the ssid, have you put that back in now?

Are you still keen to get b9 working?

Kev

Yes, that is completely normal behavior to not load any files that are not needed based on the current configuration.

If the boot process encounters a wpa_supplcant.conf. It enables WiFi, copies the wpa_supplicant, Sets the WiFi extensions for load at boot, then reboots.

Disabling WiFi removes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I have not forgot about this. I did confirm there is a problem here. Just not sure yet where it broke.
    Hi Paul,

after installation of audio input streamer, the RPI display shows a lot of ALSA error messages. After this squeezelite will no more running. A new image is required to build.

ATTACH]29509[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1x Picoreplayer with Hifiberry DAC/ADC pro, 3x Picoreplayer with Jivelite 7" Display und IQaudio DigiAmp+, 2 Picoreplayer 6 Beta on RPI4+ LMS, Marantz PM-15S1 amplifier.