Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 119 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1338
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    This quote thing is bothersome. Here is the full wpa_supplicant.conf, with notes from w1.fi https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/tree/wpa_s...upplicant.conf

There is a ton of unneeded stuff in there, but the network block starts at line 805. The various examples start at line 1569
    Yes I agree, it was bothering me, I recreated each scenario checked usr/local/etc/pcp/wpa_supplicant.conf for each case and found they all differed, only the last one actually worked...

ssid=...CrayNet...

ssid=CrayNet

#enc_ssid="...CrayNet..."
    ssid="...CrayNet..."

#enc_ssid="CrayNet"
    ssid="CrayNet"

So something somewhere is encoding or interpreting " as ...

and I just had this nagging feeling that I'd seen something like this before - text editors putting unwanted/wrong characters or controls in edited files.

I went back to old time basics and I fired up my Windows desktop,
    Used Etcher to create a new pCP image
    Notepad++ to edit wpa_supplicant.conf on the Boot partition...

I left the line # Maintained by user in the file unmodified.

i changed ...
    country=GB,
    ssid="CrayNet"
    psk="mypskpassword"

saved the file, ejected the disk, poked it into the Rpi and powered up, a minute or so later I was connected to the Web UI of pCP...

Set up wifi without a wired ethernet connection... perfect and simple - just as it should be!

So my issue was something in my process and tools on my Mac - probably TextEdit.

Grrrrr... hours chasing a non-problem, my apologies guys, I should have gone down this route and checked this first thing this morning.

I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time, Paul- & Greg appreciate the help and knowledge you passed on, I'm new to pCP and have learnt quite a bit in the last 24 hours!

Obviously this leaves Christophe back where he was, when I started this I thought I might have the same problem as him and therefore could help, but that looks unlikely now - sorry.

Cheers

Kev

PS I'll update my previous posts to point to here, might save some future readers a bit of time!
    Last edited by KeBul; 2020-02-21 at 14:59.

Special characters are definitely not allowed in a manual wpa_supplicant.conf that is not # Maintained by user

https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_...ethernet.shtml

But thanks for digging through this to see if you could uncover something.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    We are not using the sco profile, but it does seem to connect faster, then I have the ability to give it a kick.

There is no feasible way for me to go back. Use a rpi3, and pCP 5.0.0.
    Thanks Paul,

I'e had pcp 5.0.0 running on an rpi3b for the last two, and have successfully connected both BOOM 3 and Wonderboom speakers, albeit with some delays and hiccups. I do wonder what the differences might be that allow some connection in 5.0, but apparently not (yet) in pcp 6?

Incidentally, I was able to borrow a JBL Charge 4, but had no more success with it in pcp 6.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post

Obviously this leaves Christophe back where he was, when I started this I thought I might have the same problem as him and therefore could help, but that looks unlikely now - sorry.

Cheers

Kev

PS I'll update my previous posts to point to here, might save some future readers a bit of time!
    Arghhh, all my hopes are dead . Whatever Kev, you are saving my time.

Regards

Christophe

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    So my issue was something in my process and tools on my Mac - probably TextEdit.
    Use BBEdit (ex 'TextWrangler'). The free version is a great full-featured text editor that works perfectly with Linux text files such as wpa_supplicant.conf. I have it configured as the default text editor for FileZilla, and together they provide a slick way to edit files 'in place' on pCP.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Use BBEdit (ex 'TextWrangler'). The free version is a great full-featured text editor that works perfectly with Linux text files such as wpa_supplicant.conf. I have it configured as the default text editor for FileZilla, and together they provide a slick way to edit files 'in place' on pCP.
    Thanks chill, never thought of doing this in a text editor (inside Filezilla) before. I used to export/edit/import the file.

BBEdit seems to be only for MAC OS.

I'm a Windows user but it seems that Notepad ++ will perform in the same way.

Thanks again

Edit: And it's free.
    Last edited by ian_heys; 2020-02-22 at 03:24. Reason: Update
    Music Store & VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Study Player:
    LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4 pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Headphone Players: x2: pCp 6.0.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
    Streamer/Player pCp 6.0.0 on Pi 3B/IQ Audio Codec+
    Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    I used to export/edit/import the file.
    When you right click on a pCP file in the right pane of FileZilla, then 'View/Edit', that's effectively what it does too - it's not really an 'in place' edit. It downloads a copy, opens it in the editor, and then prompts you to upload the new version after you save it. So don't forget to accept FileZilla's prompt to upload it.

Thanks Chill, saved me searching, you've reminded me I've used TextWrangler before, damn this memory thing.

Anyway, I've confirmed the problem was Mac OS TextEdit, I've just run through the process of setting up from scratch again using my Mac but used TextWrangler to do the text editing and it worked perfectly, sigh!

Kev

So don't forget to accept FileZilla's prompt to upload it.
    Noted.

And thanks again.
    Music Store & VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Study Player:
    LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4 pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Headphone Players: x2: pCp 6.0.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
    Streamer/Player pCp 6.0.0 on Pi 3B/IQ Audio Codec+
    Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Zabizabo View Post
    Arghhh, all my hopes are dead . Whatever Kev, you are saving my time.

Regards

Christophe
    What platform (Windows, Mac, Linux etc ) and tools (editors, image burner etc) are you using to set this up?

Paul- is sure the wifi drivers are not loading, that seems pretty low level, have you tried a fresh download of pCP v6, perhaps a different micro SD card a change of image burning software?

There's lots to try before we give up on you

Kev