Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 113 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1347

My Apps frequently unpopulated

I'm not sure if this is a piCorePlayer or LMS problem, but here goes.

I have recently made an image for someone on another forum.

piCorePlayer v6.0.0 beta9 with Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:21:10 CET 2020.

We both experience the same problem; upon starting, restarting or rebooting the pi, the My Apps section of the LMS web gui is unpopulated.

A LMS restart sometimes rectifies the situation, sometimes more than one restart is required, sometimes a reboot and sometimes there is no success.

This happens with both Ethernet and Wireless (onboard pi wlan).

Is it worth increasing the Network wait time (and what is the reasonable max value to enter).

Here is the boot log and server logs from an unsuccessful start up of the pi.

Are there any further logs I can provide ?

Thanks very much

ronnie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    That'd be the first thing I'd change. 2A is not sufficient for safe and reliable operation of a Pi4, as you are finding out! 3A is recommended, with 2.5A an absolute minimum.
    I have to check at home this evening I think my power supply is 5V 3A because it comes from the bundle Allo digione player and when I look at the internet it is 5V 3A.

Ronnie,

That would happen if the network was not setup when LMS starts, but those checks were added along time ago. Your system clearly gets an IP address from the DHCP server, before LMS starts. Is there something else potentially blocking the network communication?

There is nothing in the server log that I see. You may have to increase logging level, but I'm not sure which field. Might be worth a post in the Server forum, as to how to troubleshoot. But I don't think it's from network configuration on the PI.

Paul
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Thanks Paul

I have been busy making a fresh image of LMS and Squeezelite on the Raspbian Desktop OS.

Each restart of the raspberry pi has resulted in a populated My Apps.

Before checking this thread I swapped the card back to the pCp image and upon going to My Apps it had only App Gallery present. It obviously seems to not connect to mysqueezebox.com on initial start. The was a Plugin update calling for LMS restart which I followed and upon refreshing the Browser My Apps was populated.

I have to say that I often have to restart LMS with piCoreplayer to populate My Apps, using the Raspbian Desktop it is a much more infrequent occurence. I always have "Wait for network" ticked in the raspi-config but don't know how long the default wait is

I'll look to restart/refresh the router sometime.

Thanks for checking it out

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Thanks Paul
    I always have "Wait for network" ticked in the raspi-config but don't know how long the default wait is
    Me neither. Our wait for network is a valid IP address assigned to the network adapter.

The LMS logging Error would come from network.squeezenetwork. So check your logging to make sure it's at least set to "error", but you might want to set it to "info" and then make sure you set it to save that setting across LMS restarts. Looking at the code, it could perhaps be an issue with needing the time to be set properly before trying to connect to mysqueezebox......I would think the logging level increased might show us a bit more.

I think raspbian still has a "faketime" module still which saves the current time at shutdown, and that is what it loads into the system time on startup....until ntp can catchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhardc View Post
    With DAC/ADC squeezelite setting, streamer is not working. The dmesg output is too long, so i have copied the Hifiberry part:

9.882463] pcm512x 1-004d: 1-004d supply AVDD not found, using dummy regulator
    [ 9.882812] pcm512x 1-004d: Linked as a consumer to regulator.0
    [ 9.882828] pcm512x 1-004d: 1-004d supply DVDD not found, using dummy regulator
    [ 9.882865] pcm512x 1-004d: 1-004d supply CPVDD not found, using dummy regulator
    [ 9.887859] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplusadcpro soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm1863-aif not registered - will retry
    [ 9.971784] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplusadcpro soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm1863-aif not registered - will retry
    [ 9.972682] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplusadcpro soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm1863-aif not registered - will retry
    [ 10.840901] Starting piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b9 startup.
    That helps....another missing codec. For whatever reason, codecs are not shows as driver dependencies.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Me neither. Our wait for network is a valid IP address assigned to the network adapter.

The LMS logging Error would come from network.squeezenetwork. So check your logging to make sure it's at least set to "error", but you might want to set it to "info" and then make sure you set it to save that setting across LMS restarts. Looking at the code, it could perhaps be an issue with needing the time to be set properly before trying to connect to mysqueezebox......I would think the logging level increased might show us a bit more.

I think raspbian still has a "faketime" module still which saves the current time at shutdown, and that is what it loads into the system time on startup....until ntp can catchup.
    Thanks Paul, very useful info. I'll try and look into it tomorrow, I might ask over at the rpi forum about the setting.

I'm still waiting to hear from my buddy about how he wants to proceed

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by LowrentV View Post
    Hi,
    I have configured my wpa_supplicant.conf file to be able to use my home wifi network.
    I also added a second "emergency" wifi access point, to be able to let the pi connect to my phone hotspot, in case I want to remotely configure it.

Next weekend, I will be away from home and would like to add a third access point, to have access to my music (via VPN).
    When I edit /usr/local/etc/pcp/wpa_supplicant.conf with my phone, the changes are lost after a reboot.

I removed the conf file from the boot partition so the one in /pcp/ does not get overwritten.
    I tried the sync command before rebooting.
    Am I missing something ?
    You need to backup after you make changes. There is a backup button on the main menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabizabo View Post
    Hi and thanks Paul,

If we are doing both the same protocol, I'm quite lost . Don't you think it could be a hardware problem (even if it is working with Raspbian)?

The difference that I could see is the power supply. I'm using one delivering at maximum 2A and not 3A. But I didn't see undervoltage and it should be sufficient with only the ethernet cable wired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    That'd be the first thing I'd change. 2A is not sufficient for safe and reliable operation of a Pi4, as you are finding out! 3A is recommended, with 2.5A an absolute minimum.
    Hi Paul and Yatsushiro,

So I have checked my power supply. It's really a 5V 3A power supply. One less route to explore
    Last edited by Zabizabo; 2020-02-18 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post

Here you are Paul

ERRORserver.log

INFOserver.log

interesting stuff in the ERROR log Edit: should refer to INFO log

and this is an extract of a message from the chap I'm helping

Hi Ronnie,I'm pleased to report this seems to be usable now . My test above was with an ethernet connection. I've now tried it over WiFi and one reset populated the My Apps list, and then everything worked. I tried a shutdown, switch off and power on again, after which I again needed a single restart to get it up an running. Obviously it would be better not to have restart at all but it works .

ronnie
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2020-02-19 at 10:28.