Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 102 of 136 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1355
    Today's reply from IQ Audio:

The quicktest image on our download site uses standard raspbian and includes codec drivers.

Other audio applications may need to update their environments to include the codec driver - which has been available for 6months plus.

What OS are you trying to use?
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Sorry Ian, I forgot about this request. I should just need to update the extensions. I'll take a look this evening.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I don't think a new image will fit. Default images are 64MB boot, 64MB user. And that is real MB, and the card is probably 128 MegaBits.
    Indeed, the card is just a bit less than 128MB.
    I will try and fiddle with partition sizes, and see if it can fit a basic player setup
    M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post

The quicktest image on our download site uses standard raspbian and includes codec drivers.

Other audio applications may need to update their environments to include the codec driver - which has been available for 6months plus.

The overlay file is already in the PCP overlays directory, iqaudio-codec.dtbo...

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    The overlay file is already in the PCP overlays directory, iqaudio-codec.dtbo...
    Hi ian_heys,

By default, if the HAT has been designed properly, and if the appropriate overlay exists, it should automatically load at boot.

To see if it has been recognised and loaded, look at [Squeezelite Settings] > [Output setting] > More help. Look under <output device>. If the output device shows up, click on the appropriate one to update [Output setting]. Remember to [Save].

This just *may* give you basic operation of the HAT until Paul has a look at what's involved to get it fully working.

regards
    Greg

Appreciate the help guys, but I know I don't have all of the kernel modules supplied for this board. It's the blessing and the curse of the piCore OS. Designed to be small, we typically only include what we needed. The IQ-Audio-Codec board uses a Codec driver that no other board has used in the past, thus we have not included it previously.

I'll post when I update the alsa kernel modules.

Greg, Yatsushiro

Thanks for replying.

I think I'll wait till Paul finishes, I've tried in the past without success.

I'm quite familiar with pCp, I have four others, all latest beta.
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+

Ian,

I've added the needed module to the alsa extensions....easiest way to update is to start a shell and run.

pcp-update libasound.tcz

Then reboot. You might manually need to add....

dtoverlay=iqaudio-codec

to your config.txt. Until I can get a new card config into the interface. Once loaded, it would be nice to see the alsa input and output options.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Ian,

I've added the needed module to the alsa extensions....easiest way to update is to start a shell and run.

pcp-update libasound.tcz

Then reboot. You might manually need to add....

dtoverlay=iqaudio-codec

to your config.txt. Until I can get a new card config into the interface. Once loaded, it would be nice to see the alsa input and output options.

Paul
    I've updated libasound and I can see the codec in the Change Squeezelite Settings section, but I can't find the location of the config.txt to add the new line. Where is it?

From the pCp Diagnostics page:

Output devices:
    null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    plugequal
    equal
    sysdefault:CARD=ALSA - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct sample mixing device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct sample mixing device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=2 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1 - Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct sample snooping device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct sample snooping device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=2 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1 - Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct hardware device without any conversions
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct hardware device without any conversions
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=2 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1 - Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Hardware device with all software conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Hardware device with all software conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=2 - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1 - Hardware device with all software conversions
    sysdefault:CARD=IQaudIOCODEC - IQaudIOCODEC, IQaudIO CODEC HiFi v1.2 da7213-hifi-0 - Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=IQaudIOCODEC,DEV=0 - IQaudIOCODEC, IQaudIO CODEC HiFi v1.2 da7213-hifi-0 - Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=IQaudIOCODEC,DEV=0 - IQaudIOCODEC, IQaudIO CODEC HiFi v1.2 da7213-hifi-0 - Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=IQaudIOCODEC,DEV=0 - IQaudIOCODEC, IQaudIO CODEC HiFi v1.2 da7213-hifi-0 - Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=IQaudIOCODEC,DEV=0 - IQaudIOCODEC, IQaudIO CODEC HiFi v1.2 da7213-hifi-0 - Hardware device with all software conversions