X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kidstypike
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mherger
    > An LMS update is apparently available, but fails. Is this because the
    > latest LMS version now appears to be 7.9.*3*?

It might be this, or me f... up the release build some stuff in the
    way... It might take another day before I've cleaned up all the mess
    I've created left and right :-D.

--

Michael
    Oops!
    Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
    Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
    Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
    Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• paul-
      • Jan 2013

Once Michael sorts it out, remember to change version numbers for upgrades.....its a little more manual

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
      Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• Man in a van
        • Jan 2011

Audiophonics i-saber v3 dac

I'm trying beta version 7 on a rpi 3b.

piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b7 | linux 4.19.80-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.2pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1198-pCP
        Works well.

I have the AUDIOPHONICS I-SABER V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO installed.

I have configured the power switch but the OS does not seem to recognise the SOC.

On power up the switch led continues blinking.

Boot log is here

Boot log.txt

ronnie

I have done the same install with v5.0.1 and everything works without a problem

Comment

• paul-
          • Jan 2013

Which switch is this Ronnie? I know there are several different versions.
          piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
          Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• kidstypike
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by paul-
            Once Michael sorts it out, remember to change version numbers for upgrades.....its a little more manual

https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml
            Thanks Paul.

Changed 7.9.2 to 8.0.0, now running v8.0.0.
            This kicked off a rescan, and couple of plugins no longer work, but I'm sure they'll get fixed soon

Code:
            [COLOR=#008000][20-01-15 09:56:29.6265] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.0.0, 1579044340, Wed Jan 15 09:48:03 CET 2020) perl 5.028000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=#ff0000][20-01-15 09:56:31.3417] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (236) Couldn't load BBCiPlayerExtra. Error: Plugin is incompatible with this version of Logitech Media Server. Please update.
            [20-01-15 09:56:32.2522] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (236) Couldn't load YouTube. Error: Plugin is incompatible with this version of Logitech Media Server. Please update.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=#ff8c00][20-01-15 09:56:32.7193] main::checkDataSource (1107) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=#ff0000][20-01-15 09:56:38.0309] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Error: request should set useIxHashes in Slim::Control::Request->new()[/COLOR]
            [20-01-15 09:56:38.0313] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Backtrace:

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kidstypike
              Thanks Paul.

This kicked off a rescan, and couple of plugins no longer work, but I'm sure they'll get fixed soon
              BBCiPlayerExtra issued already noted in BBCiPlayer thread.
              BBCiPlayerEXtra has a check in the install.xml to limit to LMS 7.* This was put in ages ago in anticipation of eager users.
              While there is no summary of the file changes to LMS - Michael has indicated the the 8.* changes should not affect Extra.

However I will not create an 8.* plugin until I am in a position to support 8.* related queries.

Comment

• kidstypike
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bpa
                BBCiPlayerExtra issued already noted in BBCiPlayer thread.
                BBCiPlayerEXtra has a check in the install.xml to limit to LMS 7.* This was put in ages ago in anticipation of eager users.
                While there is no summary of the file changes to LMS - Michael has indicated the the 8.* changes should not affect Extra.

However I will not create an 8.* plugin until I am in a position to support 8.* related queries.
                Thanks @bpa

Made the change to 8.* BBCiPlayerEXtra working now.

Comment

• Man in a van
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by paul-
                  Which switch is this Ronnie? I know there are several different versions.
                  Hi Paul, tis this

Click image for larger version

Name:	sabredacswitch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1567774

Comment

• mherger
                    Babelfish's Best Boy
                    • Apr 2005

BETA: piCorePlayer6.0.0 - PI4 support

> However I will not create an 8.* plugin until I am in a position to
                    > support 8.* related queries.

What do you need to get there?

--

Michael
                    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• slartibartfast
                      • Jan 2010

Thanks @bpa

Made the change to 8.* BBCiPlayerEXtra working now.
                      Hmm I just tried editing the file and didn't have permission to do so. Strange as I can open the install.xml of BBC iPlayer.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                      Bedroom: Radio
                      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• kidstypike
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                        Hmm I just tried editing the file and didn't have permission to do so. Strange as I can open the install.xml of BBC iPlayer.

My LMS cache is on a USB SSD connected to a Pi4, used notepad ++ on a Win10 PC through Samba no problem, restarted LMS.

I'm not the one to advise, I know very little about this stuff, I must've got lucky!

Comment

• slartibartfast
                          • Jan 2010

My LMS cache is on a USB SSD connected to a Pi4, used notepad ++ on a Win10 PC through Samba no problem, restarted LMS.

I'm not the one to advise, I know very little about this stuff, I must've got lucky!
                          I wonder if it is because I had to reinstall the plugin as it disappeared after a server restart. I can open some files in the BBCiPlayerExtra folder but not the one I need to open.

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• bpa
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                            I wonder if it is because I had to reinstall the plugin as it disappeared after a server restart. I can open some files in the BBCiPlayerExtra folder but not the one I need to open.
                            Since pcp is RAM based - you need to edit the file before LMS starts but with PCP each time is it loaded from disk to ram so I think you need to edit the file on the SD card - I don't know where the plugins are "backed" up

Comment

• slartibartfast
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by bpa
                              Since pcp is RAM based - you need to edit the file before LMS starts but with PCP each time is it loaded from disk to ram so I think you need to edit the file on the SD card - I don't know where the plugins are "backed" up
                              I am actually on Debian. I only posted here because Kidstypike had managed to edit the file.

Comment

• dolodobendan
                                • Dec 2017

Thanks Paul.

Code:
                                [COLOR=#008000][20-01-15 09:56:29.6265] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.0.0, 1579044340, Wed Jan 15 09:48:03 CET 2020) perl 5.028000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=#ff0000][20-01-15 09:56:31.3417] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (236) Couldn't load BBCiPlayerExtra. Error: Plugin is incompatible with this version of Logitech Media Server. Please update.
                                [20-01-15 09:56:32.2522] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (236) Couldn't load YouTube. Error: Plugin is incompatible with this version of Logitech Media Server. Please update.[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=#ff8c00][20-01-15 09:56:32.7193] main::checkDataSource (1107) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR=#ff0000][20-01-15 09:56:38.0309] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Error: request should set useIxHashes in Slim::Control::Request->new()[/COLOR]
                                [20-01-15 09:56:38.0313] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Backtrace:
                                This here:

Code:
                                What happens if you trigger this initial scan but you move/delete your clients' playlists first? In other words:
                                1. Stop LMS
                                2. Wipe or move the cache (except InstalledPlugins)
                                3. Delete or move the CLIENTS' playlists (they are in \prefs, I think)
                                4. Just to be safe, close all Squeezelite / SLX instances (/ piCorePlayers?)
                                5. Restart LMS

Sounds pretty random, but without the clients' playlists I don't get this error after wiping the cache.

More on this.
                                Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-01-16, 00:12.
                                QLMS [email protected] x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L (QTS 4.3.4)
                                LMS 8.4 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3 (Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS)

Comment

Working...