Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

BETA: piCorePlayer6.0.0 - PI4 support

Updated: Nov 16, 2019 Short and sweet announcement, but for those that have a new PI4 and want to use pCP......Only an image is offered, as we had to increase partition sizes to accommodate the PI4 firmware/kernels. One image still supports all rpi boards.....

Latest Beta

Latest AudioCore Beta. <——For tweakers.

pCP 6.0.0-b7
    • PI4 Only: Removed 32bit PI4 kernel, 64bit PI4 kernel is the only one available.
    • All other PI's use the 32bit kernel as before.
    • Added support for mirror repo. (Select at bottom of web page)
    • Fix a few web page issues.
    • Insitu Upgrade available.

pCP 6.0.0-b6(Obsolete)
    • Kernel 4.19.80
    • RPi Firmware 2019/10/29
    • Boot from USB for Pi devices that support it should work now (Not on PI4 yet). You will need to manually increase the waitusb= parameter in cmdline.txt so that your USB stick is detected. I have to use waitusb=5 on my sticks.
    • Fixed Allo DigiOne driver. (https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/3296)
    • Improved Allo USBridgeSig support. Burn the image and boot it.
    • Simplification of the pCP modes. There is now just a "Player" and "Player/Server" mode. There is still a beta mode, but that is really beta stuff.
    • Updated to Squeezelite 1198.
    • alsa updated, so now the list of output devices show hw: and plughw:
    • Removed the DSD binary option. The regular Binary supports DOP/full DSD now.

For those running a 6.0.0 beta, insitu update to Beta6 is availiable. Although, I would only try from Beta 4 or 5.

pCP 6.0.0-b5(Obsolete)
    • Kernel 4.19.75
    • RPi Firmware 2019/09/24
    • Updated ASIX ax88179_178a driver for Allo USBrigeSig support.

pCP 6.0.0-b4 (Obsolete)
    • Kernel 4.19.73
    • RPi Firmware 2019/09/20
    • Pi4 64 bit kernel support
    • New pCP web interface themes(Light/Dark)
    • Completely new Bluetooth integration. Support multiple device playback, and input from your phone.
    • Depreciated wiringPi, squeezelite now uses a simple gpio library.

pCP 6.0.0-b1 (Obsolete)
    • Kernel 4.19.57
    • RPi Firmware 2019/07/05
    • Not many other changes.........

RPI4 Bootloader update process can be found here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post951108
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-11-20 at 12:44.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Starting with this now. Thanks Team

I have had to make a few atemtps to connect to my Qnap NAS shared file, but got there in the end.

I just had vers=3 in the options box in my working pCP on a rpi1B and that connected fine.

On the rpi4B (4gb ram) I tried several times with different permutations before finally connecting.

Whilst playing I tried resyncing my rpi1B and now can't get that to connect .....sigh

A reboot on the rpi1B takes nearly 3 mins

Oh well!

ronnie

The little options a lot seem to forget, I might need to make that a required field. Or bite the bullet and add nfs and cifs tools. Iím working on ideas to make settings transfer easier.

A 1B is like a turtle compared to the 4B.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The little options a lot seem to forget, I might need to make that a required field. Or bite the bullet and add nfs and cifs tools. Iím working on ideas to make settings transfer easier.

the field to change password has vanished in this version otherwise life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post

got the beast off its back by leaving the "options" box blank

Name:  2.png
Views: 5735
Size:  98.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mcduman View Post
    the field to change password has vanished in this version otherwise life is good.
    Please select "beta mode" then you will see a "Security option" which is a new option on the "main" page.
    Here you can change password - among other things.

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

hi Man in a van,

BTW: This is a BETA pCP6.0.0 thread.

What do you have in your config backup? It should be small. If its big enough to trigger warning messages there is a problem. This will slow down boots!

Look at the "diagnostics" log. [Main Page ] > [Dignostics] > [Logs], select "diagnostics" scroll down to "Backup mydata"

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi Man in a van,

BTW: This is a BETA pCP6.0.0 thread.

What do you have in your config backup? It should be small. If its big enough to trigger warning messages there is a problem. This will slow down boots!

Look at the "diagnostics" log. [Main Page ] > [Dignostics] > [Logs], select "diagnostics" scroll down to "Backup mydata"

regards
    Greg

Hi Greg, yes I know where I am, thanks. I just mentioned the "turtle" en passent

I had 178 lines in that file as oppossed to a fresh Image install this morning that has 167 lines.

It connected to my NAS first go, which is a bonus and gave no error message about the size of the backup.

So all is sunny in that garden

Keep well.

I'll post on the v5.0.0. thread if the "turtle2 gets sick

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Starting with this now. Thanks Team

I have had to make a few atemtps to connect to my Qnap NAS shared file, but got there in the end.

I just had vers=3 in the options box in my working pCP on a rpi1B and that connected fine.

On the rpi4B (4gb ram) I tried several times with different permutations before finally connecting.

Whilst playing I tried resyncing my rpi1B and now can't get that to connect .....sigh

A reboot on the rpi1B takes nearly 3 mins

Oh well!

ronnie
    I came back to the beta this morning with a fresh download and new image.

I installed LMS and again tried to connect to my NAS.

NAS is a Qnap121 TS with my small library in a shared NFS file called Squeezebox and with access permissions granted.

I again spent 30/45 minutes (seems like hours) before I got a connection.

I tried all the permutations I could think of, (several times) they all failed.

INFO] mount -v -t nfs -o addr=192.168.1.21,nolock,vers=3.0 192.168.1.21:"/Squeezebox" /mnt/Music

[ERROR] Disk Mount Error, Try to Reboot.
    and

[INFO] mount -v -t nfs -o addr=192.168.1.21,nolock, 192.168.1.21:"/Squeezebox" /mnt/Music

[ERROR] Disk Mount Error, Try to Reboot.

Reboots in between each failure.

Finally had success with yet another attempt, which had failed previosly

Name:  sundaya.png
Views: 5388
Size:  13.6 KB

Name:  sundayam.png
Views: 5495
Size:  94.2 KB

I offer this for information only, maybe there is something wrong with my network.

I should add that I run LMS on the Rasbian Buster Desktop OS and have no problem connect to the same folder on the NAS (until they mess something up again)

ronnie

The difference between pCP and Raspbian is a crap load of mount helpers. So you have to know all of the correct options. Take a look at dmesg you will definitely see some error messages. The kernel will default to vers=3, but it will still complain if you donít specify. If the same mount line works occasionally, then you need to look at your NAS too. I run a synology nas with NFS and have zero problems.