Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Yes, sorry for mixing up the names.

TWART016,

There is a file named wpa_supplicant.conf.sample on the boot partition, rename the file to remove .sample from the name..... Then edit the file, there is instructions in the file.

Note: the file has a line in it for country code......country code should not have quotes around the name. i.e. country=GB (Not sure how I missed that for a few releases, perhaps the kernel is getting more picky)

As for the loop mount problem. For some reason the Zero does not like to create loop mounts dynamically fast enough to keep things happy. I don't see this all the time, but the way to rectify the problem is to add max_loop=100 to the kernel command line.. (cmdline.txt on the boot partition.) make sure if you edit this file, that it remains a single line (no line feeds permitted)

Paul
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I am happily running piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b7 on a new RP 4. I am always amazed that such a great project exists, and I hope everyone donates.

Under one setup, I did have some pops occur between flac tracks with different sample rates (e.g., 16/44.1 -> 24/96). I blame the DAC/USB combination, though without much basis. I tried upsampling everything in order to avoid sample rate changes, but I didn't find the right squeezelite settings (poor google skills I know), and kept ending up with a squeezelite that wouldn't start.

Here are my results from connecting what I have in different ways.

POPS = piCorePlayer into Topping D30 (USB interface) <- my initial choice :-(
    NO POPS =piCorePlayer into Benchmark DAC3 (USB interface) <- incongruous pair?
    NO POPS = miniDSP with squeezelite into Topping 30 (coax) <- trying to see if the Topping 30 was always trouble
    NO POPS = piCorePlayer into Topping D50s (USB interface) <- this seems like a winner!

I'm just reporting my experience so folks deciding on a DAC can have another data point to use in their decision.

wpa_supplicant.conf 5GHz

Using the wpa_supplicant.conf method for wifi (pi4_4GB) does not connect to 5GHz networks, but 2.4GHz is fine.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 3.09.10 AM.png
Views: 317
Size:  121.5 KB

It skips cds5, connects to cds2. I tried a single entry cds5, still does not work.

Tried multiple times, fresh burned sdcards etc...

It does work fine manually setting it in the web GUI.

Thanks!

This is a great feature by the way, to define multiple networks... can take it places and just links up.
    Scott Kramer

Quote Originally Posted by mkt View Post
    I am happily running piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b7 on a new RP 4. I am always amazed that such a great project exists, and I hope everyone donates.

Under one setup, I did have some pops occur between flac tracks with different sample rates (e.g., 16/44.1 -> 24/96). I blame the DAC/USB combination, though without much basis. I tried upsampling everything in order to avoid sample rate changes, but I didn't find the right squeezelite settings (poor google skills I know), and kept ending up with a squeezelite that wouldn't start.

Here are my results from connecting what I have in different ways.

POPS = piCorePlayer into Topping D30 (USB interface) <- my initial choice :-(
    NO POPS =piCorePlayer into Benchmark DAC3 (USB interface) <- incongruous pair?
    NO POPS = miniDSP with squeezelite into Topping 30 (coax) <- trying to see if the Topping 30 was always trouble
    NO POPS = piCorePlayer into Topping D50s (USB interface) <- this seems like a winner!

I'm just reporting my experience so folks deciding on a DAC can have another data point to use in their decision.
    There is an additional parameter to the Max Sample Rate option of squeezelite to specify a delay in milliseconds to allow the DAC to settle between rate changes.

Name:  maxs.png
Views: 300
Size:  4.8 KB

It should help remove the POPS between tracks of different sample formats
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Scott,

Drop the quotes from the country code setting.....My sample file is not correct. The web interface sets country code correctly.

Paul

LMS proper shutdown

Hi team,

I have seen the new warnings on proper shutdown of the LMS component in pcp6b7.
    Although I knew the issue behind it, it made me aware of an upcoming problem, when I add a pcp in my car.
    Shutdowns should be automatic and graceful to a zero miliamp state, some minutes after the ignition switch is off.

Do we have standard shutdown scripts that will shutdown all vulnerable processes and signal a relay to 'pull the plug' ?
    Do these have a wait period, or can I reprogram these to add a few minutes ?

All the functions I would like probably needs some UPS-like board.
    But this question is what software support there is already, in the newest/upcoming versions.

Regards M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

You can use the gpio shutdown mechanism......

There is a shutdown button on the web interface.....you could create a favorite to call that cgi script too.

piCorePlayer6-b7 THANKYOU

Been running piCorePlayer6-b7 64bit as a player and LMS server on pi4 4gb for a couple of weeks now, with an extra 4 Squeezebox Radios on wifi and an additional Squeezebox Radio (wired) plus a picoreplayer on rpi3/cirrus logic (wired) and 3 software group players.
    Rock solid playing local music stored on 1gb of thumb drives plugged into the pi, rock solid internet radio, spotty, spotify connect, youtube, radio paradise flac interactive......fantastic. Thanks very much another donation on the way

Scan times on 30,000 flac files including Music and Artist Information lookups around 6min 30 secs.....pretty good I hope!

Standard pi4 power supply with an odriod u3 fan running off the 3.3v gpio pins, speed stepped down with an 8 ohm resistor (so virtually silent) keeping the pi4 and usb drives cool, consistently 40 degrees C.