BETA: piCorePlayer6.0.0 - PI4 support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul-
    • Jan 2013

Yes we include the DS1307 driver in our rtc module pack. (you need to manually install that extension) Not sure how long that supercapacitor will last, Not sure I would count on it lasting overnight. There are battery powered boards too.

Couple of cautions. RPI i2S cards are also going to connect to the i2C bus, but being a serial bus, it should live fine together, but you may need to so some soldering and such to connect everything to the rpi header. The installation instructions are similar, but different. The piCore OS just works different than raspbian.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• paul-
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by a491765
      Hi,

I have an issue when i want to move in a song using progress bar.
      I play a song, click on the progress bar, i eard a glitche and then no sound.
      The progress bar go on like if the music run but no sound.

How to reproduce :
      Play a song,
      Move to forward using the progress bar.
      A glitches is eard + No more sound
      Everything works fine here. You will need to look at your LMS logging. Where is your music stored, what kind of format is the music.

Comment

• Caad
        • Jan 2007

PiCorePlayer 6.0 and Allo USBridgeSig using wifi

Hi

That you for making this new release. im already using PicorePlayer 5.0 on a Pi3 and this works really good. also the internal wifi works really good.
        i usually plays all file type and resolution up to 24b/384K and DSD up to 128. this works really good on the Pi3 internal wifi if i run 5G.

Im now planning to buy an Allo USBridgeSig and have a question regarding if PiCorePlayer supports an wifi dongle.
        Maybe an Allo wifi dongle is supported?

Can you advise what type of wifi dongle to use?

Br
        Caad

Comment

• paul-
          • Jan 2013

Allo confirmed the wifi dongle they were "Planning" to sell for the USBridgeSig worked with pCP6.

But there are many that work. What are your requirements?

Comment

• a491765
            • Jan 2020

Originally posted by mherger
            > I play a song, click on the progress bar, i eard a glitche and then no
            > sound.
            > The progress bar go on like if the music run but no sound.

What is the music source?

--

Michael
            An usb attached HDD direct to the pi
            The pi host PCP + LMS on the SD
            Format of the HDD is .ext4
            Music is .flac

Server log is empty
            Code:
            [20-02-29 13:47:42.5485] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1578996832, Tue Jan 14 12:21:10 CET 2020) perl 5.028002 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
            [20-02-29 14:01:56.7384] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1578996832, Tue Jan 14 12:21:10 CET 2020) perl 5.028002 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
            [20-02-29 14:07:55.9238] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1578996832, Tue Jan 14 12:21:10 CET 2020) perl 5.028002 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
            [20-02-29 14:19:48.1233] Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::Common::__ANON__ (119) Failed to call http://api.chartlyrics.com/apiv1.asmx/SearchLyric?artist=Robbie%20Williams&song=Something%20Beautiful: Connect timed out:
            Strange behaviour when the music with no sound is finished, the player don't go to the next file. if i click next, then its play normally the next songs of the playlist.

EDIT : i remove LMs reinstall version Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1572359887, Tue Oct 29 16:56:53 CET 2019) Here it works fine.
            Then i update to last build 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:21:10 CET 2020
            I reboot and then it doesn't work.

Its look like when i reboot the usb is not well unmount or something because many times i have a usb corruption, my library is not reachable and i have to reformat my HDD

I didn't have this problem with FAT32 format, but i had other problem (accent and specific caracter)
            Last edited by a491765; 2020-02-29, 17:42.

Comment

• paul-
              • Jan 2013

How do you know the drive is corrupted? Look in Diagnostics - dmesg. Copy and paste the dmesg here when the drive is not mounted.

Why would you format the drive if you think its corrupted, just repair it.
              Last edited by paul-; 2020-02-29, 19:05.

Comment

• Caad
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by paul-
                Allo confirmed the wifi dongle they were "Planning" to sell for the USBridgeSig worked with pCP6.

But there are many that work. What are your requirements?
                Hi
                Thank you for reply
                I
                Requirement for the wifi Dongle is support for 5ghz and i believe at least 802.11n.
                Br
                Caad

Comment

• paul-
                  • Jan 2013

The only one I have is the Edimax 7811-utc. It goes to AC600. Same chipset that Allo has with the Comfast stick.

Comment

• ian_heys

Pictures of Codec+ In Service

Thank you paul-

Comment

• Stoker
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Greg Erskine
                      Hi Stoker,

I have noticed this happens from time to time, not just with the recent version of pCP. Each time I have investigated I have not need able to work out why, which usually indicates a timing issue. I just try a reboot as my first option. I have never actually had to reload Jivelite.

regards
                      Greg
                      Thanks for the info/replies Greg and Ian. It hasn't happend to my pCP since I posted my issue, so I guess I was just unlucky to get the 3 crashes in a week!
                      --Ian
                      --ian

Comment

• stephentw
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by paul-
                        Yes we include the DS1307 driver in our rtc module pack. (you need to manually install that extension) Not sure how long that supercapacitor will last, Not sure I would count on it lasting overnight. There are battery powered boards too.

Couple of cautions. RPI i2S cards are also going to connect to the i2C bus, but being a serial bus, it should live fine together, but you may need to so some soldering and such to connect everything to the rpi header. The installation instructions are similar, but different. The piCore OS just works different than raspbian.
                        Quick question, I've been reading a bit more and the DS3231 seems to come up as a better RTC than the 1307. Is that PCP compatible too?

Also when you said installation is different to raspbian, are there guides anywhere I could follow? I'm pretty in the dark on linux commands etc if I need to setup that way.

Comment

• paul-
                          • Jan 2013

No idea... the chip name doesn't always correspond to the driver needed. We include all the same drivers as Raspbian.....you just have to grab the rtc extension.

As for a guide, you will need to know some linux commands.....you can read info about the Core OS here. http://tinycorelinux.net/faq.html. The challenge with RTC is getting the i2c working. But its not that bad. Start your own thread......discussing your journey.

Comment

• stephentw
                            • Sep 2008

Yes it seems it uses the same driver. I'll do some more research. Thanks.

Comment

• stephentw
                              • Sep 2008

I'm trying to setup the wireless AP on a Pi4 and it installs everything then when I start the AP it appeared to drop the wired connection. What I've discovered actually happens is upon starting the AP my manually configured static IP settings in LMS get ignored and the pi picks up a DHCP address. If I connect back to the web interface on the newly assigned DHCP address and check the static IP settings under beta functions it still shows as static and has the address I want in there. Strange.

So I went back to wifi settings, WAP mode and changed autostart to no then reboot the pi, my static IP works again.

Also even when the AP is setup and the console says its started during the boot sequence if i go into the web interface it always says "AP mode not running" and the AP isn't visible when I scan for it.
                              Last edited by stephentw; 2020-03-07, 18:09.

Comment

• stephentw
                                • Sep 2008

Hmm I just read another thread, AP sends traffic to eth 0? That would explain my troubles I guess.

Is there a way to have the pi/LMS wired with the static I want (on a seperate network to my internet facing network so no internet connection and no wireless router) and also run the AP so I can connect to the web interface still without connecting a cable to the switch?

Comment

Working...