Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 275
  1. #261
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Did you use a 2.5A or 3A power supply?
    2.5A official PSU - purchased at the same time I acquired the Pi 3B about 2 and a half years ago.

    I've just remembered that although I've had PiCorePlayer working fine with an external HD before, it was with a different drive. I can dig that old drive out later today and try again.

  2. #262
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Burned pCP 6.0.0-b5 to an 8GB SD card and booted my Pi4/4GB that has been running 6.0.0-b1 for the last few months without problem.

    Setup went without problems, however scanning my SSD HDD (NTFS) was so pitifully slow, as to be unacceptable. (Yes, I'd installed additional filesystems).

    Went back to 6.0.0-b1, no problems scanning.

    Burned a fresh 6.0.0-b5 image to a different SD card, same problem with scanning my SSD HDD.

    Pointed LMS at exactly the same music library on a NAS (NTFS), 6.0.0-b5 scanned this without problem.

    Any pointers as to what my problem could be.
    UPDATE:

    I bit the bullet and SSH'd into the Pi4 with putty, using these instructions edited the config file as per these instructions to use the 64 bit kernel.

    The music folder on my SSD HDD (NTFS) was now no longer visible to LMS/Basic Settings/Music Folders. I uninstalled "Additional file systems", rebooted, re-installed AFS, rebooted, now everything is working fine.

    Name:  64bit.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  32.5 KB

    Many thanks to the pCP team.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b1 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  3. #263
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wunstorf, Germany
    Posts
    53
    Hello!

    Is it possible to boot piCorePlayer on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ from an USB stick rather than from the SD card?
    I am asking because it is easier to change an USB stick that the SD card when the Pi is mounted inside a Smartipi case.
    In the moment I have the SD card with the piCorePlayer software, an USB stick with the LMS database and an USB attached M.2 SSD with the music data attached to the Pi. If it is possible I would use the USB stick also for the piCorePlayer software, so I have to put the LMS directory onto the piCorePlayer part.

    Thank you for answers!

  4. #264
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    9
    Hello

    Doesn't it work properly?
    If I reboot picoreplayer, it no longer finds my hard disk connected. I disconnect, reconnect the DD, nothing happens.

    To succeed, I changed DD, this one was recognized. I handed over the DD from the beginning and, finally, it is recognized.

    Will I have to do this every time, or parameters are missing in my installation?

    thank you for your help


    when handling the DD replacement manipulation, picoreplayer recognized the 2nd disk but made a change. Since my DD is no longer recognized in windows (unknown disk - not initialized). I'm worried there's more than 1to of data on it

    help
    Last edited by yanto; 2019-10-07 at 07:42.

  5. #265
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Hello!

    Is it possible to boot piCorePlayer on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ from an USB stick rather than from the SD card?
    I am asking because it is easier to change an USB stick that the SD card when the Pi is mounted inside a Smartipi case.
    In the moment I have the SD card with the piCorePlayer software, an USB stick with the LMS database and an USB attached M.2 SSD with the music data attached to the Pi. If it is possible I would use the USB stick also for the piCorePlayer software, so I have to put the LMS directory onto the piCorePlayer part.

    Thank you for answers!
    Yes. But you will need to program your RPI board to do it. https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...otmodes/msd.md

    Once your board is programmed for USB Boot, just install the pCP image onto a USB stick, and boot it up. Some USB devices take a bit longer to be detected, you may need to increase the value of waitusb on the kernel command line. Edit the file cmdline.txt on the boot partition, and change the value. Make sure you don't add line feeds to that file.
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-10-07 at 06:56.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  6. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wunstorf, Germany
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes. But you will need to program your RPI board to do it.
    I have a 3B+, so I do not have to change anything. That is great!

    Another question is the following:
    At home I am using the piCorePlayer (with LMS activated) with Wifi. So I have entered the SSID and the password for my home Wifi.
    As the piCorePlayer inside the SmartiPi case is extremely portable, I want to use it at a vacation inside another Wifi. What should I do to manage this configuration?
    I think the piCorePlayer needs a network to work?
    Maybe it's easier to use a simple access point at the vacation with the SSID and the password of the network at home? Or is an internet connection necessary?

  7. #267
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    I have a 3B+, so I do not have to change anything. That is great!

    Another question is the following:
    At home I am using the piCorePlayer (with LMS activated) with Wifi. So I have entered the SSID and the password for my home Wifi.
    As the piCorePlayer inside the SmartiPi case is extremely portable, I want to use it at a vacation inside another Wifi. What should I do to manage this configuration?
    I think the piCorePlayer needs a network to work?
    Maybe it's easier to use a simple access point at the vacation with the SSID and the password of the network at home? Or is an internet connection necessary?
    You should be able to create a custom “user managed” wpa_supplicant.conf file with both WiFi networks in it. It should pick automatically.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  8. #268
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wunstorf, Germany
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You should be able to create a custom “user managed” wpa_supplicant.conf file with both WiFi networks in it.
    Ok. That is interesting, I didn't know that there are many entries possible.
    I think the file is placed inside the partition (boot) I can see when the SD card is mounted on the Mac. So I can edit the file when arriving at the holiday destination as I don't know the values now.

  9. #269
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3

    Works only for 5.0.0

    Hello,

    my Hardware is a Pi3 Model B+ 2017

    I tried to install the 6.0.0b5 on a USB Stick (The stick boots with raspian), but the PiCorePlayer was not booting.

    Then I used version 5.0.0 and it was booting using the USB stick, YEAH!

    One question:
    As it is a 8GB USB Stick, I wanted to use the other space for data, but I could not resize the second partition. A warning came up:

    "WARNING: You are using a non-standard SD card so this option has been disabled to prevent damage to your SD card. You may have non-standard partition names or more than 2 partitions."

    How can I resize the second partition?

  10. #270
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,159
    I’ll have to check the automated resize on non SD cards, just resize it by hand.

    As for the 6.0 image, are you getting the rainbow? Likely you need to increase the waitusb value on the kernel command line
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •