Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 135 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Help with Alsamixer

Yup, I did. I'll just learn to be careful.

Thanks

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I would try one of the other output choices.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianH View Post
    RPI4 is in a small cupboard (sitting on HDD) and running at a cool 45C with one of these

https://thepihut.com/products/dual-f...raspberry-pi-4

Julian
    I tried to use the passive version of that case for a 4B with a IQ Audio DAC+ but the opening for the GPIO pins was far to small to accommodate any flat GPIO cable. I ended up using a variant of this arrangement. This is a 3B with a DIGI+ but, like yours, my 4B is in an inaccessible case and not easy to photograph.

The 4B arrangement has the longer stand-offs both above and below and the whole thing runs at about 54 degrees C, when doing a Samba transfer or playing DSF files or whatever. Only a very few degrees hotter than the 3B when in it's IQ Audio case.

Name:  Open Sides.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  247.5 KB

Incidentally while trying the Pimoroni case I found the heat pads a little difficult to fit for someone of my years.

While doing this I took the opportunity to update my SSD's file system to EXT4. Phenomenal scanning and transfer speeds.

Many thanks to all the developers and forum contributors who continue to make this system so great.

Edit: Removed double instance of quote.
    Last edited by ian_heys; 2019-11-23 at 01:48.
    Music Store & VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Study Player:
    LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4 pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B pCp 6.0.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Headphone Players: x2: pCp 6.0.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
    Streamer/Player pCp 6.0.0 on Pi 3B/IQ Audio Codec+
    Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Fail to Run LMS on b7,so I back to b6 with Pi4.
    pi4 4GB+USB DSD DAC ESS9038Pro Amanero combo 384+XigmaNAS media center+TAS5630 600W power amp x2+B&W 801 S3 speaker

Pimoroni have just released a range of DAC HATs entitled Pirate Audio. As well as containing the usual DAC, they feature a 240x240 SPI screen and four control buttons mapped to GPIO pins. The variants are line-out, headphone amp, 3W amp and built-in mono speaker.

I suspect they'll work with PiCoreplayer as the DAC is supposedly HiFiBerry compatible. Not sure about the screen. I intend to pick one up myself, but need to also acquire a Pi Zero WH to go with it, and there's a shortage of the latter at the moment.

https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/pirate-audio

BETA: piCorePlayer6.0.0 - PI4 support

> I suspect they'll work with PiCoreplayer as the DAC is supposedly
    > HiFiBerry compatible. Not sure about the screen. I intend to pick one up
    > myself, but need to also acquire a Pi Zero WH to go with it, and there's
    > a shortage of the latter at the moment.
    >
    > https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/pirate-audio

That looks like a fun little device! I'm sure JiveLite could be tweaked
    to fit that screen: we have the Radio's solution (240px height), as well
    as the Controller's (240px height)...

--

Michael

Phone -> Bluetooth Sink -> pcp-Streamer

Hello,

I cannot make this work. How should I name this stream in the tweaks page? The only source I can choose is my USB soundcard.

Btw I could successfully pair my phone with my player but have no idea about creating the stream.
    Last edited by Massi; 2019-11-23 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

That looks like a fun little device! I'm sure JiveLite could be tweaked
    to fit that screen: we have the Radio's solution (240px height), as well
    as the Controller's (240px height)...
    I've now ordered one, and should have it early next week. There's some code on GitHub for working with these boards, at the moment this is limited to some scripts for getting Mopidy working, and some Python code for playing with the display.

Hi Massi,

my streamer Playlist contains the following string: http://192.168.170.43:9100/S32_LE/44100/2/F. My streamer input HAT is a HiFiBerry DAC/ADC pro.

You must replace IP Adress with the address of your Player.
    1x Picoreplayer with Hifiberry DAC/ADC pro, 3x Picoreplayer with Jivelite 7" Display und IQaudio DigiAmp+, 2 Picoreplayer 6 Beta on RPI4+ LMS, Marantz PM-15S1 amplifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhardc View Post
    Hi Massi,

my streamer Playlist contains the following string: http://192.168.170.43:9100/S32_LE/44100/2/F. My streamer input HAT is a HiFiBerry DAC/ADC pro.

Thanks for answering, Michael.

I actually use pcp-streamer with a usb soundcard as a line input from a phono pre as you do with the HifiBerry DAC/ADC, and also use a similar url as favorite in my LMS, and this working fine.

The trouble is when i want to use a BT sink as input, as the tweaks page only allows me to choose from the soundcards installed in my Pi as sources, no BT device.

Maybe i should try to edit the asound.conf and replace the device set as recording device by some bluealsa one, but i have no experience at all with bluealsa...

Phone -> Bluetooth Sink -> pcp-Streamer

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhardc View Post
    Hi Massi,

Thanks for answering, Michael.

I actually use pcp-streamer with a usb soundcard as a line input from a phono pre as you do with the HifiBerry DAC/ADC, and also use a similar url as favorite in my LMS, and this working fine.

The trouble is when i want to use a BT sink as input, as the tweaks page only allows me to choose from the soundcards installed in my Pi as sources, no BT device.

Maybe i should try to edit the asound.conf and replace the device set as recording device by some bluealsa one, but i have no experience at all with bluealsa...