Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

No rainbo

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I’ll have to check the automated resize on non SD cards, just resize it by hand.

As for the 6.0 image, are you getting the rainbow? Likely you need to increase the waitusb value on the kernel command line
    There was no Rainbow, the screen keeps Black. The waitusb flag had the value of 2, hopefully it does not mean 2 hours, but I waited several minutes.

I also Tried several USB sticks from Different Brands (sandisk, Kingston, Verbatim and Nonsens)

For Writing the Image WinDiskImager v1 under Windows 10 was used

If you are not even getting the rainbow, then itís not even recognizing the usb stick. Iíve never done this on a pi3b+, I on do this on my 3Bís. Not sure what the issue could be, but I did just change the partition alignment to mimic Raspbian in b5. Iíll have to check it out.

Waitusb is only for the root partition. (Which is after the rainbow, and kernel posting).
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

USB Boot

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you are not even getting the rainbow, then itís not even recognizing the usb stick. Iíve never done this on a pi3b+, I on do this on my 3Bís. Not sure what the issue could be, but I did just change the partition alignment to mimic Raspbian in b5. Iíll have to check it out.

Waitusb is only for the root partition. (Which is after the rainbow, and kernel posting).
    If you send me an link to a 6.0.0b4 version I could test if it is booting

Trying latest beta on pi4 4gb. Somehow it stucks at expand sd card. Both red and green leds of pi light up and stays there forever.
    Anyone has the same problem?

edit: it passed at last. It took much longer than previous ver5.0 and pi3.
    Last edited by starbender; 2019-10-12 at 02:25.

wkaa,

I just got home from a week traveling. I confirmed the problem was in the way the images are built. I would suspect that the latest Raspbian image will no longer work either. Something to do with partitions. I reverted to using fdisk and that solved the problem. I'll get an updated image up soon.

Paul

USBridge sig does not work

Hi,
    I downloaded the beta images yesterday and both versions did not work on the USBridge signature.
    In the router no ip adress came up. So i guess the lan driver did not work or could it be that the images i downloaded have still the partition problem mentioned above?

The USBrideSig doesnít have a standard network or USB driver, it uses a special driver that is in the netusb package.

Make an empty file called netusb on the boot drive, and you should be fine.

Ok
    in Windows (10) file explorer i made a file netusb on the boot partition pcp-boot on the sd card.
    No extension. so it is simular to the ssh file for example that is allready on the sd card.

No luck.
    At a normal boot with a RPI it shows up as a client in my router. Now it does not.
    Last edited by Shutdown; 2019-10-17 at 09:11.

You are using Beta5, correct? The partition issue is only if you are booting from a USB stick. SD cards is unaffected. I don't have a USBridgeSig, so I cannot test myself, but I supplied the B5 image to Allo and Greg Stewart, and they have no problems.

Pi4 4Gb. Beta5 works fine with usb xmos devices and digi spdif hat. Tested 64bit version too. Tested LMS within pi4. Everything works ok.
    In fact all works flawlessly.