Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Albums not showing up

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. Hope this thread is in the right category.

The following is the case - I have a few Nina Simone albums. All are HDTracks downloads. All albums are in the same library folder, on my Synology NAS with LMS 7.9.2, and in the same Nina Simone folder (see pic below).
    And all albums are handled the same, by renaming all tracks to the same format and running them all through "MusicBrainz Picard", so that they have the correct tags.
    But, with Nina Simone only the "Baltimore" album shows up and "Pastel Blues" doesn't (see pic below). In recent years I even had some Nina Simone CD rips, in the same folder, but these don't show up as well.
    For now, it only happens with this artist.

Has anybody any clues / tips / solution ?

Thank in advance.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 366
Size:  18.3 KBName:  2.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  20.5 KB
    Last edited by raw1985; 2019-06-15 at 13:48. Reason: typo

Depending on how you downloaded the albums, sometimes the permissions may be different. So, check permissions in Filemanager of the top folder and apply to all subfolders and files.
    Do a rescan in LMS afterwards.
    -DS718+, RPI 2 (myMPD/Squeezelite),HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i-s
    -LmsUpdate - Updated and Cleaned up Logitech Media Server 7.9.2 for Synology.

Hi pinkdot,

Thanks for the reply. I tried it, the scan result said 634 new files discovered, but I didn't find any new albums / songs. I even did a full rescan, but no change.
    My music is not on a PC / Windows server, but on a Synology NAS, so I even tried to give max2play extra permissions to the music folder, in Synology DSM. But after that still nothing.

Any more advice? From anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    Depending on how you downloaded the albums, sometimes the permissions may be different. So, check permissions in Filemanager of the top folder and apply to all subfolders and files.
    Do a rescan in LMS afterwards.
    Synology DS415+ & LMS 7.9.2, RPi 3B+ & ALLO Boss DAC v1, max2play + squeezer app.

For what I understand is that you have LMS installed on your server, where also your music files are located. Probably in the folder music?! (Where are you using M2P for?)

Check your scanner log for errors. See --> settings--> information at the bottom of the page. You can also post the log file here.
    -DS718+, RPI 2 (myMPD/Squeezelite),HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i-s
    -LmsUpdate - Updated and Cleaned up Logitech Media Server 7.9.2 for Synology.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    For what I understand is that you have LMS installed on your server, where also your music files are located. Probably in the folder music?! (Where are you using M2P for?)

Check your scanner log for errors. See --> settings--> information at the bottom of the page. You can also post the log file here.
    There have been reports elsewhere here of HD Tracks downloads not being readable.
    If they are Flacs re-convert then to Flacs using dbpoweramp file converter. Yes convert Flacs to Flacs. Replace the old with new.
    Do they then scan and play ok?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

I have the same problem as raw1985. Several albums are not detected by a scan. Music (FLAC) and LMS reside on my Qnap TS-119. I verified the user rights to my music folder but didn't see anything unusual. I tried to convert the flac to flac as suggested above, but to no avail. At first glance tags seem to be OK also. So, for now I don't have a clue of what it is I'm not seeing.

As soon as my new PI arrives, I will try a complete new setup of LMS with a small selection of the undetected files and seen what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll try to remove all tags and then re-tag the files. BTW, any thoughts on how to definitely remove all tags?

Well, I couldn't wait until my new Pi arrived, so I experimented a bit with my running LMS. I re-applied the user rights on the whole music folder. At first it didn't seem to make any difference, but when I looked at it again some hours later (after a programmed scan for new titles), all the missing albums were now properly indexed. I guess it takes some time to redefine the user rights to a large folder. So it was indeed a question of rights. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alverman View Post
    BTW, any thoughts on how to definitely remove all tags?
    Assuming you have the official version of FLAC installed:

Code:
    metaflac --remove-all-tags *.flac