Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Screen death

Screen death

I recently plugged one of my Touches back in again after spending about 5 months unplugged during house renovations. All seemed well at first but after a few days the screen malfunctioned: what should be black is a sort of bleached out red and towards the bottom of the screen there is a white flare effect.

Resetting and unplugging for a few days has made no difference. The touchscreen function seems fine though.

So is my screen done for? And if so has anyone had any luck in replacing the screen?

A bit gutted about this - I'd hardly used this SBT and the room it was going to be used in has just been all sorted out and redecorated. Interestingly, once in a while my phone dose something similar but a quick restart always sorts that out.

Did you use the original AC adapter? I once had a device with a standard LCD display that started going black from applying too much voltage. (Wrong AC adapter). Once I got the right adapter it was ok.

Strange how you have another device that does something similar. I wonder if you should check the voltage coming out of your outlets. (Although if you're on 120V like the US then a little more voltage shouldn't make a difference for the Touch since it can work up to 240V...assuming you used the original switching adapter)
    Last edited by Fizbin; 2019-06-14 at 14:58.

Thanks for the pointer but it's definitely not the adaptor: it's the one I've always used and I've even tried it with the one from my other Touch and the screen remains the same. The house has just been entirely rewired and certified so I think the voltage should be good. We even got a surge protector built in so I'd like to think that the incoming supply should be pretty problem-free.