Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LMS still is crashing with Spotty

LMS crashed again. Any suggestions?
    The message “spotty.exe stopped working” seems to be triggering the crash.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

=?utf-8?b?4oCcU3BvdHR5LmV4ZSBoYXMgc3RvcHBlZCB3b3JraW5n4o Cd?==?utf-8?q?_Therefore=2C_no_LMS=2E?=

> LMS crashed again. Any suggestions?

What do you consider "crash"?

> The message “spotty.exe stopped working” seems to be triggering the
    > crash.

I'd be surprised if it did. What does server.log say?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Please tell me what is the MS VC 2015 runtime (32 bit!)?
    Here is a link, if you have not already performed the install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=48145

ronnie

restart LMS after installing the run time

I appreciate all the help here. Right now, after some reinstalling the spotty plugin and re adding settings information , LMS has been stable for about 6 hours ( no “spotty.exe has stopped working”, no freezes preventing LMS functioning ). Album art and list of previously saved albums are gone ( maybe will return after scan). Playlists in LMS now work! And I’m thankful. Thanks for everyone who spent time on this for me. Michael thank YOU for all that you do for this SB ecosystem.... for so long a time! Thank you VERY much.

Hopefully this stability will hold. Right now, good. Beautiful quality sound and music. The Squeezeboxes and its ecosystem are the best. No comparison to Sonos at all....although Sonos is very nice.
    I’d be very disappointed without LMS.
    Last edited by Ikabob; 2019-06-12 at 04:11.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

To anyone watching my issue.
    Well, same freeze after the message “Spotty.exe has stopped working” Very frustrating.
    So, I uninstalled the most current version of LMS and went back to V7.7.6. Spotty does not work for searches etc, but I can play my saved playlists from LMS. I do have Napster but that program won’t play on my SB Booms.
    Listening now and crossing my fingers. If anyone has an idea about this issue I am having, please chime in. I’d like to get back to the most current nightly including Spotty.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Ikabob; 2019-06-12 at 07:10.
    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

=?utf-8?b?4oCcU3BvdHR5LmV4ZSBoYXMgc3RvcHBlZCB3b3JraW5n4o Cd?==?utf-8?q?_Therefore=2C_no_LMS=2E?=

> Listening now and crossing my fingers. If anyone has an idea about this
    > issue I am having, please chime in. I’d like to get back to the most
    > current nightly. Thank you.

I expressed my idea about checking server.log (potentially with
    plugin.spotty=INFO) before...

--

Michael

Michael,
    I, being a non techy, do not know how to check the server log. Changing to a previous nightly build did not help. Next, I’m going to download the program that you had recommended (32bit). Thank you for staying with me on this issue.
    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Couldn’t find the MS VC 2015 runtime (32 bit!)? only 64 bit and 88bit. So, I didn’t download.
    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Couldn’t find the MS VC 2015 runtime (32 bit!)? only 64 bit and 88bit. So, I didn’t download.
    If you mean x64 and x86 then x86 is 32 bit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Server Log

If you use the web interface you can locate the server log in settings on the last tab, information.
    Scroll to bottom of the page and you will see Media server log file. If you click on it you can see the information.
    Or you can save the information as a text document by clicking on the zip archive.Name:  Server Log 1.png
Views: 50
Size:  19.1 KB
    Last edited by Tex; 2019-06-12 at 14:46.
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro, piCorePlayer 5.0.0, LMS 7.9.2, WD usb drive for Music files
    (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, (1) Duet