Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
    Is there an option to set a static IP address? The closest thing I can find it turning off WiFi. I've done that and the wired connection is working with a DHCP assigned address.
    SB3 / Synology NAS running Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 / Squeeze Lite on Raspberry Pi 2 & 3

Never mind, I found it under the Beta tab.
    SB3 / Synology NAS running Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 / Squeeze Lite on Raspberry Pi 2 & 3

I'm using PiCorePlayer with a USB DAC. It works very well indeed.

The only issue I have is what happens if the USB DAC is not powered on when PCP starts up. In this case squeezelite fails to start because the specified output device is not available. So it needs some manual intervention to get it to work again.

Before I used PCP I had a trivial script that waited for the USB DAC to be available before properly starting squeezelite, as follows. Is there a way I can do something like this with the existing PCP customization options ? Or if I need to hack it in somewhere by hand, any suggestions as to the best place ?

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

while true
    do
            # see if USB DAC is available yet
            if ~pi/squeezelite-armv6hf -l | grep -ql "Anti"
            then  # it is
                    ~pi/squeezelite-armv6hf -s 192.168.0.4 -n "Lounge RPi"
            else # keep waiting
                    sleep 1
            fi
    done
    Thanks in advance for any ideas...

You can still use a script. Just put the script in your home directory. Then you can run it in the user commands section on the tweaks page. I would recommend that you start squeezelite by using the init.d script.

/usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite start

You can also use the same script to check status.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You can still use a script. Just put the script in your home directory. Then you can run it in the user commands section on the tweaks page. I would recommend that you start squeezelite by using the init.d script.

/usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite start

You can also use the same script to check status.
    OK - so are those user commands guaranteed to be run before squeezelite is started by PCP & does the startup process wait for them to complete ?

If not I'll also need to handle what happens if the DAC happens to be powered up, which would have allowed PCP's squeezelite to start normally before my script gets in there.

Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post
    OK - so are those user commands guaranteed to be run before squeezelite is started by PCP & does the startup process wait for them to complete ?

If not I'll also need to handle what happens if the DAC happens to be powered up, which would have allowed PCP's squeezelite to start normally before my script gets in there.
    Why would you need to start before the normal attempt to start squeezelite? If squeezelite is running do nothing, if it's not running, try to start it.

Just use "/usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite status"
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Why would you need to start before the normal attempt to start squeezelite? If squeezelite is running do nothing, if it's not running, try to start it.

Just use "/usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite status"
    Thanks, I've re-coded it that way, seems to work fine.

In another thread, someone noted that if one plans to run LMS on the rPi (with piCorePlayer), resizing the SD card to 300MB was too small and perhaps 2000MB would be better. That's the first I'd seen this thought. Is this only if one plans to use the SD card for holding the cache. In my own case, I use 300MB but have the LMS cache stored on the attached USB drive (that holds my music files). Thanks for your thoughts on this.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

ANNOUNCE: piCorePlayer 5.0.0

> In another thread, someone noted that if one plans to run LMS on the rPi
    > (with piCorePlayer), resizing the SD card to 300MB was too small and
    > perhaps 2000MB would be better. That's the first I'd seen this thought.
    > Is this only if one plans to use the SD card for holding the cache. In
    > my own case, I use 300MB but have the LMS cache stored on the attached
    > USB drive (that holds my music files). Thanks for your thoughts on
    > this.

I don't see why you wouldn't use the full card size. You bought it, use
    it. Most users probably are using just the SD card, because it's easier
    and does work well enough (I'm close to ending my third year of using
    the same card 24x7 as a LMS).

--

Michael

PCP doesn't save/connect to wireless

I'm running a brand new burned image of PicorePlayer 5.0, standard build, on a Pi 3B+. It boots just fine. I'm not connected to Ethernet since I have no wired network connectivity by my stereo.

When I run setup and enter the correct wifi setup info - including all correct case letters - and set the authentication as WPA, it doesn't connect after I exit setup. If I ping 8.8.8.8, it gives no route to the host. If I reboot, it searches for the network and finds nothing. When I run setup, none of the information has been saved - wifi is on but no info is populated for the SSID, password, or authentication type. If I repeat setting up wifi and back up the config, the situation persists.

What am I doing incorrectly here? I've got WPA2-Personal set up for the encryption on the networks from my router, and I'd much rather keep it to WPA2 rather than roll down to WPA.