Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

USB DISK won't mount after SHUTDOWN but will mount after REBOOT

I just installed piCorePlayer 5.0 on a rPi 3B+. I've done this without issues on other units (running 4.0). I'm running only LMS (not squeezelite). LMS is set to autostart. The LMS CACHE is moved to the USB drive. SAMBA is turned on and I can access the USB drive via my windows laptop and see files/folders.

I'm stumped with a problem: If I use piCorePlayer WebGUI to do a SHUTDOWN of the rPi, it shuts down properly. But when I reapply power to restart, the USB drive doesn't mount and therefore LMS won't start. Here's the picture from the LMS tab in this situation. The boot log is also attached as a txt file.

Name:  SHUTDOWN_BootPic.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  169.9 KB

However, if I simply use the REBOOT option from the piCorePlayer WebGUI (even if doing this *after* getting the failure above), the USB drive mounts and LMS starts as expected (and works properly). Here's a picture from the LMS tab in this situation. The boot log is also attached as a txt file.

Name:  REBOOT_BootPic.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  200.5 KB

Boot Logs:
    piCorePlayerSHUTDOWNBootLog.txt
    piCorePlayer_BootLog_REBOOT.txt

In the boot log, this looks odd, but then again, this is in both successful and unsuccessful boot logs:

Checking for boot codes on mmcblk0p1...
    Trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1.
    Checking for ssh...found, ssh will start.
    Checking for netusb... newpcp.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by garym; 2019-12-09 at 07:09.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I had something similar when my RPi was not getting sufficient power/volts to run it and the USB drive. Is your drive on a powered hub?

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    I had something similar when my RPi was not getting sufficient power/volts to run it and the USB drive. Is your drive on a powered hub?
    Thanks.
    No, USB drive is connected directly to rPi. I'm using the same model powersupply to run this rPi as my other two (both 3B+). I don't have a powered USB hub to test at the moment. However, if power is the problem, wouldn't it also fail to mount when I did a REBOOT of the picoreplayer. Keep in mind that the REBOOT is being done *after* a shutdown and reboot has already failed to mount. So the REBOOT option is mounting the USB drive that was not previously mounted.

edit: Also note I'm not running jivelite or any display from this unit. Also, i don't have any HATS connected to this unit. (and my other 3B+ with same power supply have either a hifiberry DAC+ or hifiberry DigiPro).
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

If you haven't already, try applying the "hotfix" ? (from the Main page tab)

ronnie

It sounds like the USB disk might be a little slow to start up: maybe the difference is that when you reboot it's already running.

There's a 'usb wait' setting somewhere in pCP (I'm not at home so can't check exactly where), and the default is, I think, a couple of seconds. It might be enough to increase that by one or two seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    If you haven't already, try applying the "hotfix" ? (from the Main page tab)

ronnie
    Thanks. applied the hotfix and it shows as successfully applied. But no change in problem. After a SHUTDOWN, USB drive doesn't mount. But following that with a REBOOT, the USB drive mounts and LMS runs OK.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    It sounds like the USB disk might be a little slow to start up: maybe the difference is that when you reboot it's already running.

There's a 'usb wait' setting somewhere in pCP (I'm not at home so can't check exactly where), and the default is, I think, a couple of seconds. It might be enough to increase that by one or two seconds.
    Hmmm, that seems like the likely culprit. The USB drive i'm using is fairly old USB 3.0 drive. My other rPis have newer USB drives.

I'd appreciate someone giving me some noob instructions on how to change the USB WAIT setting. Thanks.

Main Page -> Beta Mode Operations : Extras -> Bootcodes

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Main Page -> Beta Mode Operations : Extras -> Bootcodes
    Thanks chill. That was it. Changed time from 2 to 4 seconds and now all works as expected.

Allo Digione not listed as output device

Hi,
    First time posting. I have a digione on RPi 2 running picoreplayer 5.01. LMS is working and I can see everything but when going to set the output device their limited options to pick from and the digione is not listed. I have tried the hotfix and did the update to see if it fixed it all to no avail. I am stumped.

Name:  Screenshot (1).jpg
Views: 180
Size:  188.7 KB