Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

How do you edit text files in piCoreplayer?

I'm trying to edit the inputtoactionmap.lua file. What do I use within picoreplayer to do this? There is no nano or vi, right?

vi is included in the base distribution, nano can be added.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Thanks Paul.

How do I edit the InputToActionMap.lua file?

I know I'm supposed to edit it within the temp folder then transfer it to the /home/.... folder but I don't know how

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ryangodammit View Post
    Thanks Paul.

How do I edit the InputToActionMap.lua file?

I know I'm supposed to edit it within the temp folder then transfer it to the /home/.... folder but I don't know how

Ryan
    Connect to pcp using ssh and issue these commands.
    Default username is tc with password piCore

# Create the jive folder in the home directory
    sudo mkdir -p /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/jive

# Copy the default file to jive userpath
    sudo cp -L /opt/jivelite/share/jive/jive/InputToActionMap.lua /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/jive

# Modified the copied file. You can replace vi with nano, if you're not comfortable using it, but you'll need to install the nano extension first from the web gui.
    sudo vi /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/jive/InputToActionMap.lua

Backup your pcp configuration and quit jivelite. On restart jivelite will read your modified file instead of the default.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Hey Ralphy,

Thanks for the awesomely simple instructions, super easy for me to follow.

Check it out, picoreplayer/jivelite wireless arcade controller

https://youtu.be/G9sQLqRjvYU Name:  1Capture.JPG
Views: 418
Size:  15.1 KB

upgraded to v5.0 and BT doesn't work anymore...

Hello All,
    I have two identical sets of Raspberry, running PCP, and connecting each with identical USB BT dongle to identical BT speakers.
    I had the bad idea to move one from v4.0 to v5.0, and now that one doesn't work anymore (BT Connect Daemon is not running).
    I did it all over once more (prepare SD, resize FS, setup wifi, install BT), but no, it doesn't work.
    Am I missing something?
    I would like to try some new idea before I revert to v4.0...
    Thanks for reading,
    -Gian
    Madamina, il catalogo Ŕ questo... town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), 2 Squeezelite bt on Raspi, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi Zero-w bt, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

Upgrade to the 6.0 beta. Bluetooth was completely rebuilt. You could likely connect both speakers to the same Pi.
    Last edited by paul-; 2019-09-29 at 11:22.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

ok, thank, will try and let you know
    Madamina, il catalogo Ŕ questo... town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), 2 Squeezelite bt on Raspi, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi Zero-w bt, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

Ok, it works.
    I noticed that now the tab Squeezelite Settings/Audio Output Device Settings looks overridden by the BT manu.
    The result is that now my LMS sees TWO players.. one has the speaker's name, the other the name I had chosen for the player.
    I can drive both speakers with one Raspi, which is nice, however I have to give up the flexibility of having two players and decide if I want them both on, or only one (or play different music).
    On the main page, the upper tabs show the speaker and the player, but if you select the speaker, it goes on the player tab.

ops.. no! only one speaker is playing...