Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck@ View Post
    Hello,

And all that works pretty well! Thank you ! The sound volume is just a little weak in Bluetooth. (If anyone has an idea to improve this point, I'm interested!)

By cons I have a small problem. Is there a simple way to disconnect the Raspberry from Bluetooth? My Bluetooth streaming device remains permanently associated with the Raspberry Pi. It is no longer possible to use it from a computer or smartphone.

I tried to stop Squeezelite from the LMS interface and from the piCorePlayer interface. I also tried to stop the daemon for automatic reconnections. Nothing works. The only solution I found is to stop the Raspberry Pi. It's not great ... Does anyone know a better method?

Thanks in advance.
    That's the problem with bluetooth. When a speaker is paired to 2 devices, it's impossible to control which one it connects to. in pCP 5.0, probably the best way to do it is to pair a second device, then select that one to connect. Bluetooth is getting a big makeover in pCP 6 and it will be a much easier setup to do what you want, and there will be a disconnect button
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    That's the problem with bluetooth. When a speaker is paired to 2 devices, it's impossible to control which one it connects to. in pCP 5.0, probably the best way to do it is to pair a second device, then select that one to connect. Bluetooth is getting a big makeover in pCP 6 and it will be a much easier setup to do what you want, and there will be a disconnect button
    Thank you for the tip and the (very) good news for the future pCP 6!

I take this opportunity to ask another question. I come from the Max2Play environment where I used a URL provided by Max2Play to request the "clean" shutdown of the Raspberry. I called this URL from my smartphone via an app that acts as a remote control.

Is there a similar URL for pCP? Or do I have to go through the classic pCP user interface?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I'll check out i2c tonight.
    Thanks. I neglected one point in my earlier comment: uninstalling the i2c-tools extension and doing a 'make install' from the 4.1 release of the i2c-tools gives me a working `i2cdetect` and the libraries that I need to build ArduiPi_OLED and then a working LMSmonitor.

Is there a similar URL for pCP? Or do I have to go through the classic pCP user interface?
    I am using an ssh connection and use the command äpcp bsô to backup and shutdown. This is send via Homebridge from Homekit.

Quote Originally Posted by hartzell View Post
    I neglected one point in my earlier comment...
    It might also be worth mentioning (that's code for another thing that I forgot to say... ), PiCorePlayer extensions info for its i2c-tools extension cites lm-sensors as the upstream source: http://dl.lm-sensors.org/i2c-tools/releases/

The README at the i2c-tools site at kernel.org mentions that the package used to be part of lm-sensors but has been split off:

The tools were originally part of the lm-sensors project but were finally split into their own package for convenience.

Thank you for the tip and the (very) good news for the future pCP 6!

I take this opportunity to ask another question. I come from the Max2Play environment where I used a URL provided by Max2Play to request the "clean" shutdown of the Raspberry. I called this URL from my smartphone via an app that acts as a remote control.

hi Franck,

Try this. It will shutdown the RPi.

Note: There is a Shutting Down message page that usually displays. I'm not sure if that will interfere with your app.

http://192.168.1.xxxx/cgi-bin/main.cgi?ACTION=shutdown

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Thank you Greg. It works!
    (Oops, I did not think about displaying the source code of the page in the browser.)

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    I am using an ssh connection and use the command äpcp bsô to backup and shutdown. This is send via Homebridge from Homekit.
    Thank you for the information. I do not know. I will study this.

This might be a little out-of-date.

https://www.picoreplayer.org/pcp_cli.shtml

$ pcp will give latest options.

Quote Originally Posted by hartzell View Post
    It might also be worth mentioning (that's code for another thing that I forgot to say... ), PiCorePlayer extensions info for its i2c-tools extension cites lm-sensors as the upstream source: http://dl.lm-sensors.org/i2c-tools/releases/

The README at the i2c-tools site at kernel.org mentions that the package used to be part of lm-sensors but has been split off:
    i2c-tools packages updated to 4.1 and pushed to the repo.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer