Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    USB devices with complicated mixers are not supported in the UI, but alsamixer should handle it. I've seen cases where stored profiles don't work, as things have to happen in a certain order.

I would make a script that calls amixer to set the values in the appropriate order, then call that script in the user commands section.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Ok ill try setting and saving alsa by

Code:
    sudo alsactl --file ~/.config/asound.state store
    and I will call upon it in the user commands by

Code:
    alsactl --file ~/.config/asound.state restore
    Last edited by Beefyfish; 2019-08-05 at 12:13. Reason: Noticed old thread where you stated user commands are already root so I removed sudo from user command

hi Beefyfish,

A couple of things that may help.

We use /var/lib/alsa/asound.state and this file is backed up and restored during reboot.

If you set $ALSAlevelout to " Custom" in /usr/local/etc/pcp/pcp.cfg, asound.state will be loaded during boot.

After you modify the above, do a backup ie. $pcp bu

This may work?

regards
    Greg

Ok, I have this figured out.

The USB card must not be completely booted when /var/lib/alsa/asound.state is loaded.
    My saves using
    Code:
    sudo alsactl store
    sudo filetool.sh -b
    work as expected but alsa mixer will not load without the card booted up and uses the default fallback setup.

To work around this I just added
    Code:
    alsactl restore
    to the user commands in tweaks.

Once the card is booted it loads the asound.state again and excepts it.

Thank you for the ideas and I hope this helps someone else.

Its actually a small glitch. We only run alsactl if the setting is set to custom. There used to be a spot on the tweaks page to enable it. But we moved it to the card control page. But usb devices are too varied to figure out the controls, so there is no automated way to to set it for USB devices.

What you did is fine.

Looking for libi2c for piCorePlayer

I'm trying to build a bit of software on PCP5.0.0 that uses `-li2c`. I can't find the correct extension to load (it's not in i2ctools).

I *do* have some similarly named header files, but can't find the library...

Code:
    /tmp/tcloop/linux-4.19.y_api_headers/usr/include/linux/i2c-dev.h
    /tmp/tcloop/linux-4.19.y_api_headers/usr/include/linux/i2c.h
    Can I buy a clue?

Thanks,

g.

Hello,

I recently installed piCorePlayer 5 to simultaneously run an LMS server, an instance of squeezelite for a HifiBerry DAC card, and a squeezelite instance for Bluetooth. The instance for Bluetooth is known to piCorePlayer to take advantage of the automatic Bluetooth reconnect daemon and the associated launch of Squeezelite. The instance for the DAC is executed via the user commands (command 1).

All this was not too difficult to implement. I just had a hard time realizing that I needed to add a "dtoverlay" line for the DAC in the config.txt file.

And all that works pretty well! Thank you ! The sound volume is just a little weak in Bluetooth. (If anyone has an idea to improve this point, I'm interested!)

By cons I have a small problem. Is there a simple way to disconnect the Raspberry from Bluetooth? My Bluetooth streaming device remains permanently associated with the Raspberry Pi. It is no longer possible to use it from a computer or smartphone.

I tried to stop Squeezelite from the LMS interface and from the piCorePlayer interface. I also tried to stop the daemon for automatic reconnections. Nothing works. The only solution I found is to stop the Raspberry Pi. It's not great ... Does anyone know a better method?

Thanks in advance.

Khadas Tone Board DAC - ESS9038Q2M - only DSD64

Hi,
    upfront I'd like to say thanks for the work of the PiCorePlayer-Team!

I use one PI3b 1.2 as sqeezeliteplayer over wifi, connected to a Khadas Tone Board DAC as output, sporting a receiver XMOS XU208-128-QF48 and as
    DAC the ES9038Q2M chip.
    The LMS is on RPI2b 1.2 connected via Ethernet, having an USB disk mounted and using SAMBA to connect to musicfolders on NAS and another computer.
    Apart from DSD everything running perfectly. DSD64 is the single DSD option that works in that setup, while the KTBD is capable of DSD256 (under Win7, sans volume control).
    Does anone have that DAC connected and could provide the correct settings for up to DSD256 native ?

To the PiCorePlayer-Team: Pls contact me privately under vinpromo at xxxxx.xxx . I have donated to you today via paypal, so you'll find my complete email and the reason on that information. Thanx in advance. Kinda urgent ...
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by hartzell View Post
    I'm trying to build a bit of software on PCP5.0.0 that uses `-li2c`. I can't find the correct extension to load (it's not in i2ctools).

[...]

Can I buy a clue?
    g.
    Turns out that the library I need is from the i2c-tools package (https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils...i2c-tools.git/), but piCore player doesn't include it in the extension.

Perhaps it would be helpful to have an i2c-tools-dev extension? On the other hand, I may be a one-off, if no one else has run across this. On the gripping hand (Pournelle/Niven), perhaps it could be included in the i2c-tools extension?

Thanks, as always, for the great tools!

I'll check out i2c tonight.