Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    hi lesliew,

Sorry, the [FS Resize] command will work on a fresh install.

This command is expecting the partition to be named PCP_BOOT and PCP_ROOT. This is so we don't ruin a setup that has been manually setup or modified. For the next release of pCP, this command will give more meaningful error messages.

regards
    Greg

downclocking to reduce jitter?

Hello all, has anyone experienced underclocking of their Pi so that the clock matches an easily dividable rate for the known frequencies of 44.1 and 48 KHz?
    What happens if we run the Pi at *1, 083 801 6‬ GHz? (that's 44.1*48*2^9 Khz)
    Is that achievable?
    Would it solve the jitter issue of the Pi or am I dreaming and missing completely the point?
    Syno 415+ with LMS 7.9 -> Picoreplayer 5.0 with Audio-GD I2S hdmi output -> PS Audio DirectStream -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900 -> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.

Might be better addressed in the Audiophile area.
    I suspect that most in this section do not hear any jitter.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

thanks I'll post the question eslewhere then

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Might be better addressed in the Audiophile area.
    I suspect that most in this section do not hear any jitter.
    Syno 415+ with LMS 7.9 -> Picoreplayer 5.0 with Audio-GD I2S hdmi output -> PS Audio DirectStream -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900 -> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi lesliew,

Sorry, the [FS Resize] command will work on a fresh install.

This command is expecting the partition to be named PCP_BOOT and PCP_ROOT. This is so we don't ruin a setup that has been manually setup or modified. For the next release of pCP, this command will give more meaningful error messages.

regards
    Greg
    The PCP_BOOT partition is definitely there when I write the image to the M.2.

Just guessing since this is not really familiar territory but I think the reason is because the M.2 card is seen as 'sda1' and the script [FS Resize] probably expects to see a memory card on 'mmcblk0p2'. Write or wrong, setting it up on an SD card then using dd to clone it to the M.2 worked so I am at least up and running again now.
    Last edited by lesliew; 2019-06-27 at 10:31.
    LMS 7.9.1, Slimdevices Silver Transporter, 1 * SB Touch, 2 * SB Duets, 2 * SB Boom, 1 * SB Radio, 1 * Wandboard Quad, 2* Pi 3 + HiFiBerry-Amp+ Official Touchscreen + PiCorePlayer, (RIP SB Classic & SB Radio)

24/192 not working with HIFIBERRY DAC+ using Picoreplayer 5.0.0.

I've been running a HIFIBERRY DAC+ under Picoreplayer 4.X for months and no problems at all. Just upgraded to piCorePlayer 5.0.0 and 24/192 no longer functions (silence or super slowed don audio). Lower bit rates than 24/192 work perfectly under piCorePlayer 5.0.0 . I'm using the Experimental RealTime Kernel version of piCorePlayer 5.0.0. but I have also tried the standard version and same problem. Anybody else having this problem ??

Cheers

Sean

Are you upsampling, or is that the contents of the file? All files affected?

I have that dac, but no 24bit content.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMiddleton View Post
    I've been running a HIFIBERRY DAC+ under Picoreplayer 4.X for months and no problems at all. Just upgraded to piCorePlayer 5.0.0 and 24/192 no longer functions (silence or super slowed don audio). Lower bit rates than 24/192 work perfectly under piCorePlayer 5.0.0 . I'm using the Experimental RealTime Kernel version of piCorePlayer 5.0.0. but I have also tried the standard version and same problem. Anybody else having this problem ??
    No problems here on the standard v5.0.1 with a DAC+ and 24/192 files.

Quote Originally Posted by kmccourt View Post
    No problems here on the standard v5.0.1 with a DAC+ and 24/192 files.
    Interesting. I just updated but I'm still on v5.0.0. I just checked out the update and its still 5.0.0. I don't see a v 5.0.1 on the picrore site.

Cheers

Sean
    Last edited by SeanMiddleton; 2019-06-29 at 02:44.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMiddleton View Post
    Interesting. I just updated but I'm still on v5.0.0. I just checked out the update and its still 5.0.0. I don't see a v 5.0.1 on the picrore site.

Cheers

Sean
    Have you tried the hotfix button?

Name:  hotfix.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  75.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi