Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cgallery View Post
    No but in my defense, I had no idea it existed, I'll give it a shot, thanks!
    Personally I opted for a full hifi amp with phono stage and use the sister product UCA202 which is line level only connected to the tape loop for digitising vinyl to FLAC. It saves remembering to switch the input over on the device.
    I usually have it connected direct to a laptop but have also built a Pi that takes the input whatever that may be and streams it as FLAC over the network for LMS to tune in to. That Pi uses Raspbian, Liquidsoap & Icecast and is located in my living room but recently I have also toyed with a piCorePlayer LMS and audio input as discussed which would be cleaner but would need me to provide permanent ethernet in my Living Room.

NB. There is a bit of lag with audio input direct to pCp but much more using the streaming server method. It can be off putting when playing vinyl to put the needle down and only hear the drop a second or so later.
    Last edited by d6jg; 2019-06-26 at 07:47.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The new PI4 usb performance is looking quite promising, adding a USB3 disk seems like a real possibility now.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...-4-b,6193.html
    Mine, with 2GB arrived at home today ... unfortunately I am not going to be able to play with it until Friday evening.
    I assume that it will not boot though because of firmware stuff ... but are there other things that are only working with Debian/Raspbian Buster that would stop it working with TinyCore/pCP?
    I imagine that the dual HDMI won't work but might also mean that HDMI does not work at all.
    Also new LAN chip and USB (via PCI).
    Plus whatever tricks are going on to get above 1GB.
    So could imagine will be tricky.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Personally I opted for a full hifi amp with phono stage and use the sister product UCA202 which is line level only connected to the tape loop for digitising vinyl to FLAC. It saves remembering to switch the input over on the device.
    I usually have it connected direct to a laptop but have also built a Pi that takes the input whatever that may be and streams it as FLAC over the network for LMS to tune in to. That Pi uses Raspbian, Liquidsoap & Icecast and is located in my living room but recently I have also toyed with a piCorePlayer LMS and audio input as discussed which would be cleaner but would need me to provide permanent ethernet in my Living Room.

NB. There is a bit of lag with audio input direct to pCp but much more using the streaming server method. It can be off putting when playing vinyl to put the needle down and only hear the drop a second or so later.
    Okay interesting, I'll bookmark this so when it is time, I can find it again.

And the delay could be exciting, especially if I forget to reduce the volume.

I still think adding an RIAA curve option or two might be interesting. Maybe a customizable/tweakable RIAA curve. Though I'm not sure if it is possible, if the software would be able to perform sufficient amplification, I think RIAA adds quite a bit.

The days we live in, I can remember working on my old Heath H-89 (CP/M and HDOS) systems, and struggling to get the the most simple of things working.

Quote Originally Posted by cgallery View Post
    Okay interesting, I'll bookmark this so when it is time, I can find it again.

And the delay could be exciting, especially if I forget to reduce the volume.

I still think adding an RIAA curve option or two might be interesting. Maybe a customizable/tweakable RIAA curve. Though I'm not sure if it is possible, if the software would be able to perform sufficient amplification, I think RIAA adds quite a bit.

The days we live in, I can remember working on my old Heath H-89 (CP/M and HDOS) systems, and struggling to get the the most simple of things working.
    I may be wrong but I think RIAA and phono level input are two different things.
    IIRC phono input (moving magnet) is 0.5mV whereas line level is about 100mV but on playback RIAA enhances the low frequencies and reduces the high frequencies which were reversed in the recording stage in vinyl.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I may be wrong but I think RIAA and phono level input are two different things.
    IIRC phono input (moving magnet) is 0.5mV whereas line level is about 100mV but on playback RIAA enhances the low frequencies and reduces the high frequencies which were reversed in the recording stage in vinyl.
    Yep, I had figured it might be possible to achieve the RIAA EQ in software, which would be lots of amplification and the curve. But the more I thought about it, the more I figured it might not be possible due to the enormous difference in levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Mine, with 2GB arrived at home today ... unfortunately I am not going to be able to play with it until Friday evening.
    I assume that it will not boot though because of firmware stuff ... but are there other things that are only working with Debian/Raspbian Buster that would stop it working with TinyCore/pCP?
    I imagine that the dual HDMI won't work but might also mean that HDMI does not work at all.
    Also new LAN chip and USB (via PCI).
    Plus whatever tricks are going on to get above 1GB.
    So could imagine will be tricky.
    The PI4 requires it's own completely unique firmware/kernel. The current pCP image is a total no go. To keep pCP to a single image distribution, we are going to have to increase the boot partition to 64MB. (Yes, that is double what it is today) Once we add the new Firmware and kernel, everything should work the same as it does today.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Audio Input pcp-streamer

I'm very interested into this new feature of analog input.

"Stream sound from Audio Input cards supported with pcp-streamer"

Are there any experiences, specifically of the input lag? Would like to use it for an analog TV Signal to stream it over LMS and the latency shouldn't be over 50ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post

Are there any experiences, specifically of the input lag? Would like to use it for an analog TV Signal to stream it over LMS and the latency shouldn't be over 50ms.
    My experience was between 5 and 11 seconds so a no go for that, pity I'd like to do to same thing.

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post

Everything has buffers. Completely not designed to be in sync with video or secondary source. Multiple players can be synced together to play the same stream via lms.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Help needed - manual resize of the partition

Can anyone explain how to manually resize the partition. I'm using a USB to M.2 SATA board for the pi with a 32Gb M.2 card and for some reason the resize filesystem option within pCP refuses to run. I'm getting a message saying that the resize option is disabled to prevent damage to the SD Card. I have been using this setup for a while and must have resized it with the inbuilt tool at one point in time. I have tried to re-write the image to the M.2 drive a few times.

I wasn't able to do an insitu update to 5.0, I couldn't figure out why squeezelite wound'nt start after the update so I just went with a fresh install but obviously wont be able to get any of the extras installed until I'm able to resize the drive.

TIA
    Last edited by lesliew; 2019-06-26 at 20:48.
    LMS 7.9.1, Slimdevices Silver Transporter, 1 * SB Touch, 2 * SB Duets, 2 * SB Boom, 1 * SB Radio, 1 * Wandboard Quad, 2* Pi 3 + HiFiBerry-Amp+ Official Touchscreen + PiCorePlayer, (RIP SB Classic & SB Radio)