Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pettifoggery View Post
    Could anyone help me with a USB audio problem?

On previous advice I've boosted the alsamixer to 100% to sort out a low volume issue. However, after updating to 5.0.0 I now only have sound through one of the two speakers.

I've tested the speakers with my PC and they are fine. Both speakers / channels working as you'd expect.

I've tried enabling the 10 band alsamixer and taking a look via SSH. Where I saw ten columns, only five of which were active.

It might be that the solution is in the USB Audio Tweaks but the options don't mean much to me.

Help and guidance much appreciated.

I'm guessing that you are using "palo alto cubik" speakers.

If they worked before, they should work now.

Did you apply the hotfix for the update and the one following the update?

Did you try changing the output as suggested by Paul?

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post942611

Maybe try a fresh image?

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    Oh bother.
    Thought I'll connect to my pi from work, so it'll be updated for when I get home.
    Now it's offline

I do already have an audiophonics ES9038Q2M dac, which I manually installed drivers (which also required some edits to the boot files) for the 4.1 version.
    Is it possible that those changes (https://github.com/audiophonics/I-Sa...ter/INSTALL.md) to get it working are in conflict to what was included in the 5.0 release?
    Yes, there appear to be conflicts. You will need to take that up with audiophonics.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Regarding the Audiophonics driver, with a fresh image the HAT will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mcduman View Post
    Thanks for looking into this and for the tips. i am as resource-conscious as the next pcp user and rarely have redundant stuff at boot. i am happy to report that i can install extensions with -w flag but when i use -wi i get the same boot error. oh, and i play with different options and flags compiling squeezelite as a hobby.
    You are using the pCP repo, correct? The piCore repo is broken with regards to compile tools.

What happens if you try to just install the linux headers by itself. "tce-load -i linux-4.19.y_api_headers.tcz"

Just to clarify.......
    -w - Downloads extension and dependencies
    -wi - Downloads/Installs and adds extension to onboot.lst
    -i - Installs a previously downloaded extension, but does not add extension to onboot.lst

Once an extension is downloaded trying to use tce-load -wi will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You are using the pCP repo, correct? The piCore repo is broken with regards to compile tools.

What happens if you try to just install the linux headers by itself. "tce-load -i linux-4.19.y_api_headers.tcz"

Just to clarify.......
    -w - Downloads extension and dependencies
    -wi - Downloads/Installs and adds extension to onboot.lst
    -i - Installs a previously downloaded extension, but does not add extension to onboot.lst

Once an extension is downloaded trying to use tce-load -wi will fail.
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ tce-load -w linux-4.19.y_api_headers.tcz
    Downloading: linux-4.19.y_api_headers.tcz
    Connecting to repo.picoreplayer.org (104.27.187.254:443)
    linux-4.19.y_api_hea 100% |*******************************************| 1252k 0:00:00 ETA
    linux-4.19.y_api_headers.tcz: OK
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ tce-load -i linux-4.19.y_api_headers.tcz
    mount: /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/linux-4.19.y_api_headers.tcz: failed to setup loop device: No such file or directory
    Last edited by mcduman; 2019-06-20 at 11:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I'm guessing that you are using "palo alto cubik" speakers.

If they worked before, they should work now.

Did you apply the hotfix for the update and the one following the update?

Did you try changing the output as suggested by Paul?

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post942611

Maybe try a fresh image?
    I've tried both the hotfix and changing the output. The latter fixed the whisper quiet volume level but not the missing speaker.

Rather than spend the afternoon toggling every PiCore option I decided to take your advice and try a fresh image. This time I opted to experiment with Volumio + Pi + Cubik speakers. After flipping the switch all I needed to do was select the Cubik speakers in the Volumio set-up screen and 10 mins after downloading the image I was playing music and streaming web radio. A fantastic plug-and-play experience.

Admittedly the Volumio mobile remotes could be better. And at present Volumio doesn't have an extensive collection of plugins. However, there is a momentum behind the project that suggests that a similar ecosystem to LMS will blossom sooner or later. Which is why I think I'll stick with Volumio rather than spend weeks scratching after a solution to the missing PiCore channel.

While playing with Volumio I noticed that it has plugins for LMS and Squeezelite. To satisfy my curiosity I installed both and tweaked the settings until I got something to emerge from both speakers. But when I adjusted the volume level the PiCore experience returned: the right speaker went entirely silent. I disabled the plugins and rebooted. Both speakers again working just fine with Volumio. Maybe the problem is somewhere in the Squeezelite pipes.
    Last edited by pettifoggery; 2019-06-20 at 12:17.

mcduman,

Can you test something for me......

Add max_loop=100 to cmdline.txt on boot partition........There are only 8 loop devices automatically created at boot time, and it seems that mount is faulting, rather than wait for the kernel to dynamically create more loop devices. Adding that command line creates 100 loop devices automatically at boot time.

I chose 100, but I'm not sure what you are using.....the base pCP system, and then adding all of the compiletc extensions use up 75 loop devices.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    mcduman,

Can you test something for me......

Add max_loop=100 to cmdline.txt on boot partition........There are only 8 loop devices automatically created at boot time, and it seems that mount is faulting, rather than wait for the kernel to dynamically create more loop devices. Adding that command line creates 100 loop devices automatically at boot time.

I chose 100, but I'm not sure what you are using.....the base pCP system, and then adding all of the compiletc extensions use up 75 loop devices.

Paul
    and it worked.

may take this opportunity to thank everyone in the team who created this beautiful software. this is a major release after 4.1 and i am a real fan of the work that went into the design of the extensions page.

In situ success on 4 of 5 pi's

I've had a problem trying to perform an in situ update on my oldest Pi, a Rev B revision 000e. I get "Internet Found", but also get "pCP repo not accessible". I haven't tried updating from scratch yet. It was the first Pi I ever loaded PCP on. Are they still supported?

The state before: I used an SSD (ExFAT format) attached via USB holding music and the LMS data.
    After the great explanation to mount GPT partitioned drives I wanted to change the SSD to HFS+ format.
    I did the following:
    I created a USB stick in ExFAT format, mounted it via the LMS page and moved the LMS data onto it (also via LMS page).
    Now the piCorePlayer and LMS were starting fine. The ExFAT SSD with the music can be reached.

Now I creted a small USB stick with GPT partition format and an HFS+ partion with an excerpt of the music.
    I mounted it via LMS page and LMS was starting and could play the music. This USB stick is mounted read-only as expected but it is working.

Now I changed the SSD to GPT partition format and created a HFS+ partition and copied the music onto it.
    I attached it to the PI and started it.

But on the LMS page only the USB stick with the LMS data can be seen. The new partitioned SSD can not be seen.
    If I attach the HFS+ USB stick it is shown, but not the SSD.

Very strange. I will take a further look at this in the evening.