Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WMB View Post
    Possibly too swiftly because I find the wifi dongle does not always seem to load in time, but a reboot generally does the trick.
    I would suspect a DHCP server delay, on the wifi page, you can increase the network timeout. It defaults to 50, but I've seen some need to set this to 65.

I initially had a problem with V5.0 the amplifier being muted which was not evident on the earlier version and which was resolved with a line in the startup dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus,unmute_amp which I found (somewhat hidden) in the IQ guide.
    You should be able to select that option in the card config page. A better option would be to add 22 to the GPIO setting (I think active low) on the squeezelite page. That will mute and unmute the amp based as needed.

The rotary volume control is another matter...
    For this, I would look at this https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...oders-on-a-RPi

The extension is pcp-sbpd.tcz
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    If you receiver has digital imputs and you don't use DSD files then you can find a spdif hat for the pi, or a hat with analogue outputs, plenty to choose from.

I would recommend a reputable name and not a cheapo from you know where

ronnie
    It only has analog inputs - it's just a thrift store 5.1 receiver that outputs over analog to an ADC (yeah, it's a cheapo, but it works) which goes to a soundbar TOSlink input. No RCAs available on the soundbar and I'm doing this on the cheap.

If I get a HiFiBerry DAC+ do I need an amp as well, or will the HiFiBerry have amp capability?

@Mohn Jadden

So you are going

Analogue out from the rpi > 5.1 receiver > ADC > Optical input on the Soundbar.

Does the soundbar control the volume ?

Why not get a Spdif hat and go

Spdif > Soundbar with optical?

If you go cheapo then you may find there are no drivers for the board in pCP, so check first.

Not to be rude but this is now starting to drift away from the Thread title.

If you wish to continue, then why not start a new thread with specific details (names of equipment might help) full set-up details and what you wish to achieve.

Location might help (I'm guessing USA ?).

More people might contribute

ronnie

Edit

specs for the dac are here its just normal output for a dac
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2020-02-25 at 07:51.

Wait for network and NAS after power failure

I'm running PCP on a Raspberry Pi 3, connected via ethernet and wifi. It's used as an LMS server rather than as a player, and music is stored on a WD My Cloud NAS. I'm still running version 3.2 because generally speaking it works so reliably I haven't found the need to upgrade although am happy to do so if it will help with this issue!

Unfortunately we've been getting regular power cuts recently. When power is restored, PCP / LMS restarts quicker than either our internet router or the NAS. This means that PCP fails to set its time, and also fails to restore the CIFS mount of the NAS. (And if we don't notice this, then when you try to play music via LMS, it doesn't find the files, and removes them from the library, necessitating an annoying library rescan.)

What's the best way to fix this? Seems like the options would be either to delay boot after an unexpected shutdown, or to keep trying for NTP and the network filesystem if they're not available at first. I don't know how to do either of these! I feel sure this must have been covered somewhere so apologies if this is repetitive!

I'm not sure I have a good solution for the NAS, You could increase the number of mount retries.....

As for the date issue, in pCP6, I've just added date check to the LMS start sequence. You could make the same edits on your side

piCorePlayer with other i2s DAC's

I'm trying to integrate pCP with the AMB gamma2 DAC module (Wolfson WM8741 chip).
    I've wired GND, BCK, LCLK and DATA to the gamma2.
    The gamma2 has an ASRC so MCLK signal is not required.

In the pCP settings, I've randomly chosen "RPi-DAC" and to my surprise it's actually working.
    I don't know which HAT the RPi-DAC is, but it is listed as pcm1794a based.
    I don't think this is the optimal configuration, for instance, there aren't any configurable settings.

What would be the best way to configure this? Can I add a new DAC option, or custom settings via a config file?
    Last edited by itsikhefez; 2020-02-28 at 04:01.

WiFi dropped out for PiCorePlayer

Iĺm having trouble with built-in WiFi on pCP 3B+ with HiFi Berry DAC+ using Raspberry touchscreen. Worked fine for ~ 1 year and then lost WiFi capabilities. Tried swapping to another 3B+ and same problem with WiFi with touchscreen. Even tried loading pCP v6.0, still same problem. Is there some recent issue with touchscreen? The pCP 3B+ with DAC+ that I swapped out from touchscreen now works fine stand alone with WiFi.

Copy of WiFi settings page is attached, after fresh install of v5.0 on SD and then applied HotFix to 5.0.1. wpa_supplicant.conf is apparently loaded and SSID & PSK PW recognized, but WiFi MAC & IP not found . . .

Iĺd appreciate any suggestions from the community. I really need WiFi to stream from LMS to my stereo. Thanks!

Chris
    SB3; Squeeze Boom; rPi 3B - HiFiBerry DAC+; rPi 3B+ - HiFiBerry DAC+ with LMS

Quote Originally Posted by itsikhefez View Post
    I'm trying to integrate pCP with the AMB gamma2 DAC module (Wolfson WM8741 chip).
    I've wired GND, BCK, LCLK and DATA to the gamma2.
    The gamma2 has an ASRC so MCLK signal is not required.

In the pCP settings, I've randomly chosen "RPi-DAC" and to my surprise it's actually working.
    I don't know which HAT the RPi-DAC is, but it is listed as pcm1794a based.
    I don't think this is the optimal configuration, for instance, there aren't any configurable settings.

What would be the best way to configure this? Can I add a new DAC option, or custom settings via a config file?
    The driver would have to reference the correct codec. Would the cirrus logic card be the same? Do you know if someone has a driver built for this?

Quote Originally Posted by chris5u View Post
    Even tried loading pCP v6.0, still same problem. Is there some recent issue with touchscreen?
    There were recent driver changes made by rpi in the pCP 6.0.0 kernels. My RPI3 + touchscreen + hifiberry Dac+ works fine with wifi though.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The driver would have to reference the correct codec. Would the cirrus logic card be the same? Do you know if someone has a driver built for this?
    Someone in this long i2s RPI thread said that driver works with the AMB.

Since the "RPI-DAC" driver seems to work, maybe that driver can be adapted? Is the source code available somewhere?
    I am a software engineer, and while it has been years since I worked on drivers or other low level things, I may be able to adapt that driver to the WM8741 using the datasheet.