Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    When using the Flirc USB Dongle you do not use lirc or keytables, the FLIRC emulates a keyboard

So program the FLIRC dongle to send the appropriate keys for the remote control operation you want

Jeff
    Thank you Jeff for answering my question.

I bought the flirc some time ago. Hoping it would make my pcp life easier...
    I did not got it to work a while ago... The past weekend was my second attempt.

I programmed the flirc with some keys on my Windows PC.
    If I use the flirc dongle on my Windows system I can see the keys I have programmed when I use notepad.
    On my picoreplayer nothing happens?

If I understand you correct?
    I do not need to activate lirc?
    I do not have to activate jivelite and/or jivelite ir settings? Jivelite was the keytable way?

Just put in the correct keys when I am programming the flirc usb receiver? Ah ok... I just connected my Logitech wireless keyboard. It works like that? Oh... well my Logitech keyboard works of course... I used when I installed pcp for first time...
    I am going to try some things...
    Will be back to let you know. You just put my thoughts on a different track. Thank you Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    When using the Flirc USB Dongle you do not use lirc or keytables, the FLIRC emulates a keyboard

So program the FLIRC dongle to send the appropriate keys for the remote control operation you want

Jeff
    Jeff you saved my day/ saved me days...

You made me realize I was thinking the wrong way around...

It's working!

Man that was easy
    Haha...

I will try some other stuff. Very satisfying after struggling for hours. Making it so difficult. Going way to deep for my knowing... lirc... inputlircd... jivelite.... jivelite ir... tweaks.... bashing around,,, Being a noob... in every possible way...
    Ah man that feels fine... and stupid in another way. Anyhow I am so happy it's working now.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobNR7 View Post
    Jeff you saved my day/ saved me days...

You made me realize I was thinking the wrong way around...

It's working!

Man that was easy
    Haha...

I will try some other stuff. Very satisfying after struggling for hours. Making it so difficult. Going way to deep for my knowing... lirc... inputlircd... jivelite.... jivelite ir... tweaks.... bashing around,,, Being a noob... in every possible way...
    Ah man that feels fine... and stupid in another way. Anyhow I am so happy it's working now.
    Glad you got it working

Yes you only need to mess around if you are controlling squeezelite, controlling Jivelite is easy with the FLIRC

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Okay, please tell me how you got it working, NoobNR7. I have really tried. I have 15 open tabs. Started going through the procedure that ralphy wrote on page 5. I also have a FLIRC and I just want to control the player to stop, start, maybe have a few favorite stations on buttons 1-9. Just like you I've tried enabling IR, then disable IR and enabling Jivelite. All sorts of tweaks and nothing! I'm so frustrated. I have now completely deleted and reinstalled pCp and want to start from scratch. So pCp with LMS is installed. I have 9 stations in my favourites in LMS.

I have a harmony remote that I want to use with the pCp. But first I would like to control the player with a remote from my previous radio device. It has all the buttons I need and when pCp works with it I'll add a new device in Harmony and have it learn the IR codes from this older remote. I've mapped all the buttons I need in FLIRC on windows. I plug in my FLIRC and nothing happens. If I press the buttons in notepad on Windows I get the correct responses. So why doesn't pCp respond? This is the keymap I used:

To program the FLIRC IR USB receiver, here are the steps to follow:

Go to your computer and go to
    Download the version of FLIRC programing software depending on your OS
    Launch the software
    Plug the FLIRC into a USB port of your computer (wait for the computer to install the drivers if necessary)
    In the FLIRC software, click on FILE and CLEAR Configuration
    CLick on the Controllers Tab and select Full Keyboard
    Take your JusBoom IR Remote and start programming as follow: (pls make sure to respect capital format)

Remote Key To Press --- Virtual Full Keyboard Key to press
    Power Button --- Q
    Home --- [
    MUTE --- C
    UP --- Up Arrow
    Left --- Left Arrow
    OK --- l (this is a small L)
    Right --- Right Arrow
    Down --- Down Arrow
    Menu --- A
    Back --- Esc
    Vol Down --- - (this is minus sign)
    Vol Up --- + (this is plus sign)

Next step is to click on FILE in your FLIRC software and SAVE configuration in order to save the program file (wherever you want) if one day you want to reprogram the remote
    Close the FLIRC software and open the NotePad on your computer
    Click into the notepad in order to see the cursor flashing
    Take your JustBoom remote, aim at the IR USB receiver
    Start testing the remote by pressing Mute or volume + or - button
    It should write in the notepad the command (ie: C or +)
    Check that you entered correctly all the commands
    Remove the USB receiver from the computer and insert it into the PCP player
    You should be all set
    Please Jeff, help another lost user.

EDIT: So I figured it out, damnit. I was working on a headless unit, then I connected it to a TV and saw tht jivelite has to be additionally configured. So now it works.
    Last edited by Brookaz; 2021-03-27 at 16:13.

Sorry was watching F1 on catchup !

Yes FLIRC is easy with jivelite

It can be made to work with Squeezelite but I've never done this though others have.

Glad you got it working

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Jivelite IR Tools and IR Transmit

Hi, i have an IR remote (squeezebox original) all working well with Jivelite. However, i want to set up an IR transmit function so i can send 'power on' to the amp to take it out of standby. I know i can do that with LIRC, but how do i do that using the Jivelite IR tools ? - do i just also install LIRC (But i thought that causes a problem with Jivelite IR?) or can jivelite do that already somehow ?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chazza View Post
    Hi, i have an IR remote (squeezebox original) all working well with Jivelite. However, i want to set up an IR transmit function so i can send 'power on' to the amp to take it out of standby. I know i can do that with LIRC, but how do i do that using the Jivelite IR tools ? - do i just also install LIRC (But i thought that causes a problem with Jivelite IR?) or can jivelite do that already somehow ?

Many thanks
    I don't know if IR transmit is possible with the kernel subsystem. I've never investigated that.

The jivelite IR tools extension are from of the v4l (video for linux) tools so you might be able to find more details on their site
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Many thanks
    Thanks Ralphy - I guess LIRC would be easier; can I run that in parallel with the IR tools then or is that a no-no ?

Thanks Ralphy - I guess LIRC would be easier; can I run that in parallel with the IR tools then or is that a no-no ?
    Maybe. I don't remember testing using lircd with pcp 5+. I know the kernel IR keytables does not support many of the features of lircd.

The pcp webadmin only has support for LIRC with squeezelite. You will need to create a modified jivelite.sh startup script to manually start lircd-uinput before jivelite will receive IR events.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Maybe. I don't remember testing using lircd with pcp 5+. I know the kernel IR keytables does not support many of the features of lircd.

The pcp webadmin only has support for LIRC with squeezelite. You will need to create a modified jivelite.sh startup script to manually start lircd-uinput before jivelite will receive IR events.
    I also have an IR jive module that I use that's based on the squeezeplay_fab4 ir driver from the touch, but uses lircd to get the IR events. IR Navigation is identical to that of the hardware players, in that the key hold actions work, which the current implementation does not support. However, what we currently have in pcp is more flexible in terms of what actions can be executed. So there's that tradeoff.

The ir module currently supports the slimdevices remotes by default and you can map actions for other remotes using lircrc and/or key symbols.

I haven't released it yet, but if you don't have any luck getting lircd-uinput to work, it's another option that can be explored.
    Ralphy