Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

XBox one remote keytables

Hi Guys

I made my own keytables for my Xbox remote, uploaded and it works. But after reboot the default keytables are loaded.
    Can you tell me how to fix this problem?

Mirko

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
    Hi Guys

I made my own keytables for my Xbox remote, uploaded and it works. But after reboot the default keytables are loaded.

Mirko
    Did you backup your changes before you rebooted?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Did you backup your changes before you rebooted?
    Yes i did, at least i found a way to install.
    Keytable must be saved to temp and install it the way you discribe it for justboomir in your first post. Everything works fine now.

When you upload the file using the Web GUI there must be no spaces and no special characters in the filename, keep it simple like Xbox.conf

I had this problem as well

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.6 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Apple Remote A1156, same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
    Hi Guys

Mirko
    Good day,
    I do have the same problem here with my picoreplayer installation. I've been trying everything so far...at least what came in my mind, but I still can't get my keytable to "survive" a reboot. I cleared the keytable using sudo ir-keytable -p all -c, then uploaded my custom keytable for the white apple remote, then everything works fine. But after a reboot the settings are gone. I already tried backing up my changes using "Main Page" --> "Advanced Mode Operations" --> "Backup". Also I was trying to figure out saving the keytable to "temp" as suggested by Mirko, but didn't really understand what he was exactly doing.

I hope someone could also help me out? What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thank you very much,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Hinguy View Post
    Good day,
    I do have the same problem here with my picoreplayer installation. I've been trying everything so far...at least what came in my mind, but I still can't get my keytable to "survive" a reboot. I cleared the keytable using sudo ir-keytable -p all -c, then uploaded my custom keytable for the white apple remote, then everything works fine. But after a reboot the settings are gone. I already tried backing up my changes using "Main Page" --> "Advanced Mode Operations" --> "Backup". Also I was trying to figure out saving the keytable to "temp" as suggested by Mirko, but didn't really understand what he was exactly doing.

I hope someone could also help me out? What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thank you very much,
    Michael
    Just realised I have this problem as well, I have rebooted (from cron) and now remote does not work.

If i clear the keytables and reload using the WEB GUI even if I ssh in and do "pcp br" the custom table works fine but does not survive a reboot

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.6 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

If you are loading manually, your file must be called /usr/local/etc/keytables/jivelite

The upload script will automatically rename whatever you upload to the above name. As jeff mentioned, keep spaces out of your upload name.

For backups, look on the diagnostics page and make sure that file is listed the section for /opt/.filetool.lst
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you are loading manually, your file must be called /usr/local/etc/keytables/jivelite

The upload script will automatically rename whatever you upload to the above name. As jeff mentioned, keep spaces out of your upload name.

For backups, look on the diagnostics page and make sure that file is listed the section for /opt/.filetool.lst
    Hi Paul, thank you for your answer. Yes tried various different namings, e.g. apple.conf, but none worked. I also have checked the folder /usr/local/etc/keytables/jivelite and could see my uploaded file, but it still didnít work.

I will take a look into the .filetool.lst thought, havenít done that yet. Thank you very much, and I will report if this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinguy View Post
    Hi Paul, thank you for your answer. Yes tried various different namings, e.g. apple.conf, but none worked. I also have checked the folder /usr/local/etc/keytables/jivelite and could see my uploaded file, but it still didnít work.

I will take a look into the .filetool.lst thought, havenít done that yet. Thank you very much, and I will report if this helped.

What I forgot to mention. Does it matter what I write into the file? I mean for table and type?

Currently I typed in:
    table: apple, type: nec

Because my testing outputs protocol nec32, could be the problem also here??

Thank you again

The contents of the file is based on the procedure in the first post.

Please post your full config file.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer