Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I'm really disappointed with how the remote part works with jivelive enabled... I don't know what's going on since i'm running my pibox headless but the remote doesnt work. I have jivelite enabled, it's supposedly running, my harmony remote was programmed to work with flirc. And about a month ago when I set it up and still had pi connected to my tv to see whats going on it was working. Now I found a pair of speakers, connected them and the remote doesnt work. It's not plug&play friendly enough for my wife that needs the remote to work to switch it on/off and cycle between saved stations.

Am I doing something wrong, should I switch to LIRC? ralphy wrote an excellent guide in post #44. It's also a bit more complicated than just enabling jivelite. But is it more foolproof and plug&play friendly once set up?

Are you saying that you are trying to control Jivelite with a remote - but without any screen connected?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Year. Is this not possible? I need to control the radio with a remote. Only on/off and stations selection with 1-9 buttons.

I don't know - but with those limited functions that do not rely on real navigation then I suppose it could work.
    Are you trying to control a player that is not on this device?
    If yes - then that could be a problem if Jivelite has switched to a different player.

Can you reconnect a screen to watch what is happening?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Squeezelite can be controlled with ir without jivelite being installed.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I don't know if IR transmit is possible with the kernel subsystem. I've never investigated that.

The jivelite IR tools extension are from of the v4l (video for linux) tools so you might be able to find more details on their site
    Not sure about 1:1 transmit, but the "blst" frame is a noop in both squeezelite and jivelite if I remember my research correctly (it's been some time).

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Squeezelite can be controlled with ir without jivelite being installed.
    By using the metod you descirbed on Page 6?

I can says that now pcp works with flicr and a remote. I borrowed a hdmi cable before but bought one now so I can test any time I want. Connected and rebooted. Jivelite started as it should and everything works. I don't know what didn't work when I had no video.

I have also mapped keys 1 through 9 to pick stations from favourites but I can only pick two. The one set at nr 1 and the one set at nr 3. Any idea what would the player skip station 2 and not play anything beyond station 3? All the stations are playable via browser. Jivelite just shakes when i pick a station that isn't 1 or.3.

IR blasting with Jivelite

Hi there again - thanks for the tips Ralphy, but i'm not sure i fully understood them ?!

Anyway, having messed around far too much with LIRC - trying to somehow disable the receive function, whilst exploiting transmit (didn't work in the end, i could either have only Rx with IR-tools, or only Tx with LIRC) - and then i discovered ir-ctl !

So, ir-ctl is part of the ir-tools package and will allow me to transmit, whilst receive continues to work as is!

ir-ctl -f gives me this:
    Receive features /dev/lirc0:
    - Device cannot receive
    Send features /dev/lirc0:
    - Device can send raw IR
    - IR scancode encoder
    - Set carrier
    - Set duty cycle
    So this makes sense i guess as receive is already busy via jivelite.

and indeed, the following will send a key code and make the IR LED flash: sudo ir-ctl -S rc6_0:0xA45B

However, this wont turn my NAD amp on !! - whereas the licrc equivalent: irsend SEND_ONCE NAD_SR6 KEY_POWER does indeed work.

Below is the first part of the LIRC config file i am using for my amp - and i assumed if i could guess the correct protocol (which is the function of the first part of the lirc.conf file right ?!) then all i need to send would be the key code and possibly the pre_data 0xE13E beforehand (which i think identifies the make and model). But i cant find / guess whcih IR protocol the NAD is using and also i cant get any to work with the 4 hex numbers 0xE13EA45B

So, the two questions I have are: Am i barking up the right tree or completely not ? / and does anyone have a clue which IR protocol NAD use ??

Ta - Charlie

# this config file was automatically generated
    # using lirc-0.8.3(default) on Wed Nov 26 13:31:18 2008
    # contributed by Amigac
    #
    # brand: NAD
    # model no. of remote control: SR6
    # devices being controlled by this remote: Amplifiers/CD Players/DVD Players/Tuners

begin remote

name NAD_SR6
    bits 16
    flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH
    eps 30
    aeps 100

header 9038 4332
    one 675 1556
    zero 675 454
    ptrail 662
    repeat 9064 2113
    pre_data_bits 16
    pre_data 0xE13E
    gap 107932
    toggle_bit_mask 0x0

begin codes
    KEY_POWER 0xA45B # Was: on
    off 0x13EC

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Code:
    sudo ir-keytable -t
    If you are creating a keytable file for a new remote, you can refer to my Jivelite action to key symbol spreadsheet to help identify the jive action to key symbol mapping needed.
    Thanks you for posting this -- I now have the official Sleep button working on my pCP 6.x setup thanks to the info you provided showing me how to remap 0x6e1d as KEY_S :-)
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Re IR blasting with Jivelite

A quick update on this - it is now all working nicely - i used ir-ctl.

Since the info i needed was spread all around i made this new thread below to save it for posterity!

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ther-than-LIRC

Cheers

chazza