Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    27
    I've just finished setting this up and it's working great with a generic 17 key remote.

    I did initially try with another remote with more buttons but it just did not work, it appeared as 'necx' protocol, whatever that is!

    So for anyone else trying to get this working, try a different remote if it doesn't work at first.

    Also, is it possible to have a remote button that cycles thru the different display modes in the 'now playing' screen, so it goes to VU meter, then album cover, etc.? I did look thru jivekeys.csv but couldn't see a key that would do this.
    Last edited by TheHypnoToad; 2019-08-09 at 09:31.

  2. #32
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad View Post
    is it possible to have a remote button that cycles thru the different display modes in the 'now playing' screen, so it goes to VU meter, then album cover, etc.? I did look thru jivekeys.csv but couldn't see a key that would do this.
    KEY_LEFTBRACE (go_now_playing)
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    KEY_LEFTBRACE (go_now_playing)
    Thanks, that worked perfectly.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8
    My setup is working fine with jivelite and ir-keytables. Except for one thing. How do I shutdown the raspberry pi? Can I? tried mapping KEY_POWER (also tried KEY_I) to the appropriate key code in /usr/local/etc/keytables/jivelite, but it doesnt seem to do anything.

  5. #35
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
    My setup is working fine with jivelite and ir-keytables. Except for one thing. How do I shutdown the raspberry pi? Can I? tried mapping KEY_POWER (also tried KEY_I) to the appropriate key code in /usr/local/etc/keytables/jivelite, but it doesnt seem to do anything.
    The power key mappings in jivelite are for LMS and the player only.

    To shutdown the rpi, in Jivelite go to Settings->piCorePlayer->Shutdown piCorePlayer
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The power key mappings in jivelite are for LMS and the player only.

    To shutdown the rpi, in Jivelite go to Settings->piCorePlayer->Shutdown piCorePlayer
    OK. Any way I can map that to a remote button?
    Can I run both lircd and ir-keytables simultaneously?

  7. #37
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
    OK. Any way I can map that to a remote button?
    If you mean a button on the IR remote, no not with jivelite.

    Quote Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
    Can I run both lircd and ir-keytables simultaneously?
    Yes. I've tested this controlling squeezelite via lircd using remote 1 and ir-keytables to control jivelite using remote 2.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    If you mean a button on the IR remote, no not with jivelite.


    Yes. I've tested this controlling squeezelite via lircd using remote 1 and ir-keytables to control jivelite using remote 2.
    Ah, with 2 remotes!! I tried it with one and ir-keytables didnt work when lircd was running. Will try this way. Thanks :-)

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8
    By the way, it might be good to add a line to the first post (instructions) that lircd is NOT "required" at all, if one is running jivelite. Sorry if it obvious to others, but that was a bit of a aha moment for me. Once I realized that, the rest was straight forward.
    Mainly because there are loads of how-tos on the net about setting up lircd, irrecord, irw and the rest.

  10. #40
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
    By the way, it might be good to add a line to the first post (instructions) that lircd is NOT "required" at all, if one is running jivelite. Sorry if it obvious to others, but that was a bit of a aha moment for me. Once I realized that, the rest was straight forward.
    Mainly because there are loads of how-tos on the net about setting up lircd, irrecord, irw and the rest.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Added.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •