Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    I've only been using Jivelite and piCorePlayer for about a week, but I've successfully managed to connect and setup remote control using a TSOP38238. Is it possible to modify the keytable file to support more than one type of remote control so that I can use the original Squeezebox remote and a Yamaha receiver programmable remote?

Unfortunately the Yamaha remote doesn't have the commands for the Squeezebox remote built-in and it isn't a learning remote.

flirc

I have a usb flirc and downloaded the flirc https://flirc.tv/support/flirc-usb and tried to program the a remote to the USb using the remote types in the downlead https://flirc.tv/support/flirc-usb and it don't work

Quote Originally Posted by 19lee79 View Post
    I have a usb flirc and downloaded the flirc https://flirc.tv/support/flirc-usb and tried to program the a remote to the USb using the remote types in the downlead https://flirc.tv/support/flirc-usb and it don't work
    Flirc is nothing to do with lirc, in fact if you're using a Flirc you don't need lirc or ir keytables

If Flirc is not working you probably need to go to the Flirc forum and work out what you're doing wrong.

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Hi everyone.

A new pi 4 with my new dac and I'm starting installation.
    I have flirc, Harmony and universal remotes but I want to use ir receiver.

I use piCorePlayer 8.1.0 - Standard Version. Is there anything that I should watch out for or change v.8.1.0 ? Is all the information in the thread still valid? My Linux knowledge is very little, I'm more of a copy paste student.

Quote Originally Posted by onkal View Post
    Hi everyone.

A new pi 4 with my new dac and I'm starting installation.
    I have flirc, Harmony and universal remotes but I want to use ir receiver.

I use piCorePlayer 8.1.0 - Standard Version. Is there anything that I should watch out for or change v.8.1.0 ? Is all the information in the thread still valid? My Linux knowledge is very little, I'm more of a copy paste student.
    When you say "I have flirc" do you mean, do you want to use this as the receiver ?

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    When you say "I have flirc" do you mean, do you want to use this as the receiver ?

Jeff
    No, I donĺt want Flirc that is usb.
    I want to use tsop38238 or similar.

Tapatalk Pro kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla g÷nderildi

IR Remote not working for Few Keys/

I have installed piCorePlayer 8.1.0
    everything is working. With Guidance of this thread I have added my remote to installation.
    Everything is working as it should, But Play Pause, FWD/REW not working. I also tried naming keys according to InputToActionMap.lua file. Reinstalled the PCP. But all failed, always samething Play/Pause button not woking.

This is my keytable for my remote.
    Code:
    # table: TOPPING, type: nec
    0x8855	KEY_PLAY 
    0x8846	KEY_UP 
    0x8816	KEY_DOWN
    0x8847	KEY_LEFT
    0x8815	KEY_RIGHT
    0x8818	KEY_POWER
    0x8806	KEY_MUTE
    0x8840	KEY_HOME
    0x8804	KEY_BACK
    0x8854	KEY_VOLUMEUP
    0x8810	KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
    0x8850	KEY_NEXT
    0x8814	KEY_PREVIOUS

inputlircd translation

I realise this is quite an old post (and that this is probably not a squeezelite issue) but do you have any hints about why inputlircd translation might fail? I can only get so far with setting up my flirc for my headless piCorePlayer - it works fine with another player with a touchscreen. Here's the output from my headless player with a single key mapped as proof of concept:

Code:
    tc@pCP:~$ cat inputlircd.keymap
    KEY_CODE_45 = KEY_STOP
    tc@pCP:~$ sudo pkill inputlircd; sudo /usr/local/sbin/inputlircd -n "flirc.tv flirc Keyboard" -m 0 -g -t /home/tc/inputlircd.keymap -r 500
    tc@pCP:~$ squeezelite -d ir=debug -i
    [13:27:48.637639] load_lirc:243 loaded liblirc_client.so.0
    [13:27:48.637908] ir_init:262 error reading config: ~/.lircrc
    [13:27:53.985821] ir_thread:200 ir lirc: KEY_CODE_45 [0] -> 0
    [13:27:54.239185] ir_thread:200 ir lirc: KEY_CODE_45 [1] -> 0
    [13:27:54.289149] ir_thread:200 ir lirc: KEY_CODE_45 [2] -> 0
    TIA for any suggestions
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by dvmzf67 View Post
    I realise this is quite an old post (and that this is probably not a squeezelite issue) but do you have any hints about why inputlircd translation might fail? I can only get so far with setting up my flirc for my headless piCorePlayer - it works fine with another player with a touchscreen. Here's the output from my headless player with a single key mapped as proof of concept:

Code:
    tc@pCP:~$ cat inputlircd.keymap
    KEY_CODE_45 = KEY_STOP
    tc@pCP:~$ sudo pkill inputlircd; sudo /usr/local/sbin/inputlircd -n "flirc.tv flirc Keyboard" -m 0 -g -t /home/tc/inputlircd.keymap -r 500
    tc@pCP:~$ squeezelite -d ir=debug -i
    [13:27:48.637639] load_lirc:243 loaded liblirc_client.so.0
    [13:27:48.637908] ir_init:262 error reading config: ~/.lircrc
    [13:27:53.985821] ir_thread:200 ir lirc: KEY_CODE_45 [0] -> 0
    [13:27:54.239185] ir_thread:200 ir lirc: KEY_CODE_45 [1] -> 0
    [13:27:54.289149] ir_thread:200 ir lirc: KEY_CODE_45 [2] -> 0
    TIA for any suggestions
    Matt
    What's the contents of your inputlircd.keymap?

You are sending KEY_CODE_45 which squeezelite doesn't know.

You must map the keycode sent from the flirc remote to one that squeezelite supports.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    What's the contents of your inputlircd.keymap?

You are sending KEY_CODE_45 which squeezelite doesn't know.

You must map the keycode sent from the flirc remote to one that squeezelite supports.
    Thanks for replying. I've played around a bit more but still couldn't get inputlircd to use the keymap file to translate keycodes. However I have successfully managed to get squeezelite to load .lircrc (having specified the path in squeezelite options) and hence translate key codes directly to commands. So at last I've got play and pause working on my remote which is great. Thanks again.