Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Hi Andrew, I didn't want to convince you... but great that I did . I see you've put a lot of work with a great result in the plugin and from my point of view, the more people read/use it, the better.

    Regarding EPG/RDS... that would be the icing on the cake! Do you know the webpage of Carsten?

    http://www.siski.de/~carsten/radio-s...queezebox.html

    That was my starting point before I found your TVH plugin - maybe you can pull information out there, sometime in the future for future work.
    MichaelPr had written me an email and made me aware of this thread.

    Some time ago I had already started to work on the topic "automagic program overview of tvheadend in Squeezebox". My result is a perl script which runs as CGI in an apache webserver. It calls the API of tvheadend and returns an opml file, incl. corresponding links to the station icons (https://github.com/carsten-gross/lms-dvb-radio-helper, description on http://www.siski.de/~carsten/radio-s...queezebox.html). I read all programs tagged as "radio" and support exactly one hierarchy level of "tags", so the countless radio programs on Astra 19.2E or Hotbird 13E are mostly separated by country or language region quite sensibly.

    My program ts2shout ( https://github.com/carsten-gross/ts2shout) is "next to it", it can convert a MPEG-TS stream into Shoutcast, depending on the call parameters either the EPG or RDS (only in MPEG1/2) is used to pack song titles or broadcast information into the stream. As an almost classic Unix filter it only has to be called appropriately and then passes the request via environment variables configurable to tvheadend. Through Shoutcast you have music track information etc. in the squeezebox.

    In the last days I added some HE-AAC extensions to ts2shout, since recently the NDR broadcasts radio programs in northern Germany via DVB-T in this format (also all Persian programs from Iran on Hotbird 13E are encoded in HE-AACv2 / AAC+).

  2. #22
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Hi Andrew, I didn't want to convince you... but great that I did . I see you've put a lot of work with a great result in the plugin and from my point of view, the more people read/use it, the better.

    Regarding EPG/RDS... that would be the icing on the cake! Do you know the webpage of Carsten?

    http://www.siski.de/~carsten/radio-s...queezebox.html

    That was my starting point before I found your TVH plugin - maybe you can pull information out there, sometime in the future for future work.

    Best regards & thanks
    Michael
    The plugin has now been added to the 3rd party list (thanks Michael) so should show up in a few days, though you'd have to remove the plugin, remove the external library to see it so not sure if it's worth changing, you'll get updates either way.

    Thanks for the link, an interesting read but getting the EPG from TVH I've managed, it's showing/updating it within now playing that's the tricky bit at the moment, I'll keep coming back to it and one day might crack it.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeChimp View Post
    The plugin has now been added to the 3rd party list (thanks Michael) so should show up in a few days, though you'd have to remove the plugin, remove the external library to see it so not sure if it's worth changing, you'll get updates either way.

    Thanks for the link, an interesting read but getting the EPG from TVH I've managed, it's showing/updating it within now playing that's the tricky bit at the moment, I'll keep coming back to it and one day might crack it.
    You are welcome.

    Unfortunately, for many German radio stations the EPG is not as interesting as the real time RDS information packed into the MPEG audio. This was the reason I implemented ts2shout because I like the "current music playing" information very much.

    Thank you very much.

    Regards,

    Carsten

  4. #24
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by siski View Post
    You are welcome.

    Unfortunately, for many German radio stations the EPG is not as interesting as the real time RDS information packed into the MPEG audio. This was the reason I implemented ts2shout because I like the "current music playing" information very much.

    Thank you very much.

    Regards,

    Carsten
    Thanks for a little more background, here in the UK RDS is very poor so EPG is the easier way to go, it also helps get me onto the path of listing recordings and allowing playback.

    The MPEG stream to shoutcast is clever and not even an issue/use case I'd ever considered needing. I THINK something like that could be done within a squeeze plugin but I'm certainly not to a level to think about that yet.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeChimp View Post
    Thanks for a little more background, here in the UK RDS is very poor so EPG is the easier way to go, it also helps get me onto the path of listing recordings and allowing playback.

    The MPEG stream to shoutcast is clever and not even an issue/use case I'd ever considered needing. I THINK something like that could be done within a squeeze plugin but I'm certainly not to a level to think about that yet.
    Yes, there is no uniform solution. In the late 90's I worked on a chip for audio decoding. As far as I can remember, there were two approaches that were followed. The RDS data are extracted from the FM signal and transmitted via DVB RDS additional information. Either sent in a separate data stream that runs on its own RDS-PID (Packet Identifier), like audio on the APID and video on the VPID or videtext on the TTX-PID. This is called a "private stream". The broadcasters of the FFH group have done this for a long time.

    ARD and IRT have come up with something else and introduced radio transponders. The RDS data is tunneled in the MP2 audio data stream.

    Sometimes (Eutelsat / Hotbird) the title and intepret are packed into the EPG, which is constantly updated. This is therefore always displayed when the PVR recording is played back.

    LMS: 8.2.1
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10
    points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

    1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 8.0.0/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

    Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.2.7/ Material Skin 2.6.2

  6. #26
    Member Eyerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    62
    Hello thank you for the plugin but just wondered something is it just one of them things in the way the channel picons are handled when using Picoreplayer and a 7" screen that they are rescaled to a square as most picon packs are rectangle icons or is it something that can be tweaked before i fire-up the woodbines and a flask of coffee and make a full set of square picons

  7. #27
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyerex View Post
    Hello thank you for the plugin but just wondered something is it just one of them things in the way the channel picons are handled when using Picoreplayer and a 7" screen that they are rescaled to a square as most picon packs are rectangle icons or is it something that can be tweaked before i fire-up the woodbines and a flask of coffee and make a full set of square picons
    Hi, thanks for trying it. Yes this is a known problem, I use rectangular images for Kodi which display fine on that but get mangled when used with LMS apps that are expecting squares.
    I've looked before about manipulating the image to make it square by adding a background padding top and bottom, but my Perl skills aren't up to that so remains on my todo list unfortunately.

    If you do make square picons it probably wouldn't look good on your TV apps so depends on what your main use case is as to whether it's worth the effort, I mainly use my Transporter which has VFD displays so no graphics to start with.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  8. #28
    Member Eyerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeChimp View Post
    Hi, thanks for trying it. Yes this is a known problem, I use rectangular images for Kodi which display fine on that but get mangled when used with LMS apps that are expecting squares.
    I've looked before about manipulating the image to make it square by adding a background padding top and bottom, but my Perl skills aren't up to that so remains on my todo list unfortunately.

    If you do make square picons it probably wouldn't look good on your TV apps so depends on what your main use case is as to whether it's worth the effort, I mainly use my Transporter which has VFD displays so no graphics to start with.
    Thanks for the reply just started converting a picon set 7000 + images which may take an hour or two but worth trying just to see

  9. #29
    Member Eyerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    62
    Just been testing and they look ok when resized would be willing to convert a full image set ie worldwide but the problem is picon packs are a mix of TV and Radio images and it would be a nightmare to go through over 7000 images but if someone can find just radio picons set let me know

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  186.4 KB

  10. #30
    Member Eyerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    62
    TVheadend / Picoreplayer picons swapped around plus resized and changed any white text to a main colour so they stand out

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  167.3 KB

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •