Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Hi Andrew,

    because of remove icon mapping in MaterialSkin, I became aware of your plugin - using TVHeadEnd and LMS since many years now I added my DVB-C Radio channels manually to favorites like:
    'http://Squeeze:mypass@LMSServerII:9981/stream/channelid/128246553?profile=radio'

    Great job and infrastructure for your TVH Plugin. This makes it much more comfortable! Especially adding the station icon via favorites.opml was always a pain.

    Two minor things: The icon in Squeezer is missing and it seems your are using the channel number for tuning. In my case all radio channels were 0 and your plugin tuned everything to the same channel. Could you maybe use the id like Kodi is doing it? But for now I set all my channels to a specific channel number. If you like I can open a bug/request in GitHub ;-)

    By the way I'm using HTS Tvheadend in its Version 4.3-1857~g221c29b40 (together with LMS) on a RPi4. Means I've no transcoding via TVHeadEnd enabled - but my DVB-C provider feeds the stations in MPEG-2 audio. So for adding a "Stream Profile" I used: "Type Audio stream/ Audio type: MPEG-2 audio". Works perfect!

    Again - Thanks a lot for the great work!!!
    Michael
    I've managed to fix the issue of channel number rather than channel UUID being used, it is a far better way of handling this.
    Version 1.2.29 released today has the change so you should get the update next time LMS updates your plugins.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  2. #12
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    I'm not really sure at this point whether this is the best or the right way to go. SBT only shows the icon on Squeezer - but not on Jive / Jivelite devices. Also, I haven't seen this method in other plugins that show the icon everywhere - like Radio Paradise. Maybe someone who has already written several plugins can say something about it.
    After a good amount of info from the Squeezer team I managed to get the icon working, it turned out I was using a very old plugin as my template and just about every modern plugin does it a different way.

    Version 1.3.30 now fixes the icon and you can see it now working over at the Squeezer issue https://github.com/nikclayton/androi...zer/issues/681
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeChimp View Post
    After a good amount of info from the Squeezer team I managed to get the icon working, it turned out I was using a very old plugin as my template and just about every modern plugin does it a different way.

    Version 1.3.30 now fixes the icon and you can see it now working over at the Squeezer issue https://github.com/nikclayton/androi...zer/issues/681
    Confirmed! Both fixes work. Great job! Thanks a lot
    One minor thing - Did you forget to update the version string version="1.0.95" in repo.template.xml / repo.xml didn't you?

    LMS: 8.2.0 - 1622353602 @ Sun May 30 08:14:13 CEST 2021
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10 points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

    1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 7.0.1/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

    Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.4.4/ Material Skin 2.3.5

  4. #14
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Confirmed! Both fixes work. Great job! Thanks a lot
    One minor thing - Did you forget to update the version string version="1.0.95" in repo.template.xml / repo.xml didn't you?
    I did! It's a new packaging script I'm using that I'd forgotten to update the version attribute. Just pushed 1.3.31 otherwise it would annoy me.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeChimp View Post
    I did! It's a new packaging script I'm using that I'd forgotten to update the version attribute. Just pushed 1.3.31 otherwise it would annoy me.
    Great! Now it works with the plugin manager and "Updated plugins available" :-)

    Name:  Capture7.PNG
Views: 121
Size:  6.2 KB

    LMS: 8.2.0 - 1622353602 @ Sun May 30 08:14:13 CEST 2021
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10 points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

    1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 7.0.1/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

    Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.4.4/ Material Skin 2.3.5

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    155
    The TVH plugin works really nice at my side. Now I can tune all ~200 radio stations my DVB-C provider provides via broadband cable even if the Internet provider/DSL fails!

    Name:  Capture15.PNG
Views: 83
Size:  91.8 KB

    There is only one thing - I found the plugin very late so maybe you could ask @mherger if he can make this in the 3rd party plugin available and adding the plugin to the official repository. Then other interested parties might find the plugin earlier than me

    LMS: 8.2.0 - 1622353602 @ Sun May 30 08:14:13 CEST 2021
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10 points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

    1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 7.0.1/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

    Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.4.4/ Material Skin 2.3.5

  7. #17
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    The TVH plugin works really nice at my side. Now I can tune all ~200 radio stations my DVB-C provider provides via broadband cable even if the Internet provider/DSL fails!

    There is only one thing - I found the plugin very late so maybe you could ask @mherger if he can make this in the 3rd party plugin available and adding the plugin to the official repository. Then other interested parties might find the plugin earlier than me
    We have thought about getting it listed in the 3rd party repository list but our ability to support it is limited, we've managed to get this much working with Perl but it's reached our limits and any ideas we have on changing it (EPG now playing for example) we hit a brick wall on our knowledge. So for now we just feel putting it here for people to try is enough.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeChimp View Post
    We have thought about getting it listed in the 3rd party repository list but our ability to support it is limited, we've managed to get this much working with Perl but it's reached our limits and any ideas we have on changing it (EPG now playing for example) we hit a brick wall on our knowledge. So for now we just feel putting it here for people to try is enough.
    I can totally understand what you are saying - but maybe on the other hand if the plugin is visible for everyone, someone could extend/ support the features who never will get into touch with the plugin if not listet. Consider... the documentation of your plugin is much better than for many older plugins which are still listet.

    Just a thought 😁

    LMS: 8.2.0 - 1622353602 @ Sun May 30 08:14:13 CEST 2021
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10 points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

    1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 7.0.1/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

    Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.4.4/ Material Skin 2.3.5

  9. #19
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    I can totally understand what you are saying - but maybe on the other hand if the plugin is visible for everyone, someone could extend/ support the features who never will get into touch with the plugin if not listet. Consider... the documentation of your plugin is much better than for many older plugins which are still listet.

    Just a thought 😁
    OK you've won me over. I've submitted TVH to the repository list, once it's added I'll update the instructions here and you can start using the official list rather than mess around with manual adds.

    Who knows, someone might take pity and help with the enhancements 😁
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeChimp View Post
    OK you've won me over. I've submitted TVH to the repository list, once it's added I'll update the instructions here and you can start using the official list rather than mess around with manual adds.

    Who knows, someone might take pity and help with the enhancements 😁
    Hi Andrew, I didn't want to convince you... but great that I did . I see you've put a lot of work with a great result in the plugin and from my point of view, the more people read/use it, the better.

    Regarding EPG/RDS... that would be the icing on the cake! Do you know the webpage of Carsten?

    http://www.siski.de/~carsten/radio-s...queezebox.html

    That was my starting point before I found your TVH plugin - maybe you can pull information out there, sometime in the future for future work.

    Best regards & thanks
    Michael

    LMS: 8.2.0 - 1622353602 @ Sun May 30 08:14:13 CEST 2021
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10 points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

    1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 7.0.1/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

    Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.4.4/ Material Skin 2.3.5

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •