Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    55

    [ANNOUNCE] TVH Plugin - TVHeadend integration

    Dozi and myself have been working on a side project for some time to integrate LMS with TVHeadend. It can get station listings from TVHeadend, so that it's easier to use your over the air tuners attached to TVHeadend to listen to live radio. We've decided it's time to let it out into the world.

    The TVH plugin should appear in your 3rd party plugins list and full instructions are available at
    https://github.com/codechimp-org/lms-tvh

    This is our initial release and our first time creating an LMS plugin or developing with Perl so go easy on us if it's rough around the edges. We'll try and fix any issues and have plans on ways we can improve it going forwards but this is a side project so time is limited.
    Last edited by CodeChimp; 2021-04-12 at 02:53.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  2. #2
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    55
    An important update went out last night that fixes an issue with password saving on the settings screen. If you're using security on TVHeadend worth updating and checking the settings again.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    163
    Hi Andrew,

    because of remove icon mapping in MaterialSkin, I became aware of your plugin - using TVHeadEnd and LMS since many years now I added my DVB-C Radio channels manually to favorites like:
    'http://Squeeze:mypass@LMSServerII:9981/stream/channelid/128246553?profile=radio'

    Great job and infrastructure for your TVH Plugin. This makes it much more comfortable! Especially adding the station icon via favorites.opml was always a pain.

    Two minor things: The icon in Squeezer is missing and it seems your are using the channel number for tuning. In my case all radio channels were 0 and your plugin tuned everything to the same channel. Could you maybe use the id like Kodi is doing it? But for now I set all my channels to a specific channel number. If you like I can open a bug/request in GitHub ;-)

    By the way I'm using HTS Tvheadend in its Version 4.3-1857~g221c29b40 (together with LMS) on a RPi4. Means I've no transcoding via TVHeadEnd enabled - but my DVB-C provider feeds the stations in MPEG-2 audio. So for adding a "Stream Profile" I used: "Type Audio stream/ Audio type: MPEG-2 audio". Works perfect!

    Again - Thanks a lot for the great work!!!
    Michael

    LMS: 8.2.1
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10
    points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

    1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 8.0.0/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

    Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.2.7/ Material Skin 2.6.2

  4. #4
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Hi Andrew,

    because of remove icon mapping in MaterialSkin, I became aware of your plugin - using TVHeadEnd and LMS since many years now I added my DVB-C Radio channels manually to favorites like:
    'http://Squeeze:mypass@LMSServerII:9981/stream/channelid/128246553?profile=radio'

    Great job and infrastructure for your TVH Plugin. This makes it much more comfortable! Especially adding the station icon via favorites.opml was always a pain.

    Two minor things: The icon in Squeezer is missing and it seems your are using the channel number for tuning. In my case all radio channels were 0 and your plugin tuned everything to the same channel. Could you maybe use the id like Kodi is doing it? But for now I set all my channels to a specific channel number. If you like I can open a bug/request in GitHub ;-)

    By the way I'm using HTS Tvheadend in its Version 4.3-1857~g221c29b40 (together with LMS) on a RPi4. Means I've no transcoding via TVHeadEnd enabled - but my DVB-C provider feeds the stations in MPEG-2 audio. So for adding a "Stream Profile" I used: "Type Audio stream/ Audio type: MPEG-2 audio". Works perfect!

    Again - Thanks a lot for the great work!!!
    Michael
    Thanks Michael for the compliment.

    I'll certainly look into using ID's but I think Kodi isn't using the API but the custom HTSP protocol so things are different. In the meantime just renumber the channels which I'm sure you've worked that out!
    I've raised an issue myself to track it here https://github.com/codechimp-org/lms-tvh/issues/22

    The Squeezer app not showing the icon is a weird one, I'm not doing anything odd with the icon. I'm not an Android user myself so haven't been able to test this. I've raised an issue with the Squeezer developer to see if I can get insight into anything I may need to change for the app.
    https://github.com/nikclayton/androi...zer/issues/681

    No promises on when I can fix these, it's a side project and my Perl skills are still not great but I'm up for a challenge.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeChimp View Post
    Thanks Michael for the compliment.

    I'll certainly look into using ID's but I think Kodi isn't using the API but the custom HTSP protocol so things are different. In the meantime just renumber the channels which I'm sure you've worked that out!
    I've raised an issue myself to track it here https://github.com/codechimp-org/lms-tvh/issues/22

    The Squeezer app not showing the icon is a weird one, I'm not doing anything odd with the icon. I'm not an Android user myself so haven't been able to test this. I've raised an issue with the Squeezer developer to see if I can get insight into anything I may need to change for the app.
    https://github.com/nikclayton/androi...zer/issues/681

    No promises on when I can fix these, it's a side project and my Perl skills are still not great but I'm up for a challenge.
    Hi Andrew,

    Thanks a lot for opening the issue with the Squeezer Developer. You are right it's a weird one... because with SDT it's exactly the opposite. The icon works with squeezer but not with using Jive/Jivelite. I already had a small look into the plugin but my Perl skills are also not the best so code reading takes me some time. In Plugin.pm there is done something like:

    Code:
     my @menu = ({
            text   => 'SuperDateTime',
            'icon-id' => 'plugins/SuperDateTime/html/images/32.png',
            id     => 'pluginSuperDateTime',
            weight => 15,
    		window => { menuStyle => 'album' },
            actions => {
                    go => {
                        player => 0,
                        cmd  => [ 'sdtTop' ],
    					params => {
    						menu => 'nowhere',
    					},
                    },
            },
        });
    If you are up for an challenge and if you want to make Germans happy, I've something for you... ;-) I tried to use M. Hergers RadioParadise as a sample to setup an ARD Audiothek Plugpin - but because of time and my poor LMS/Perl-knowledge it stucks :-( Regarding to M. Herger the Audiothek API looks not bad.

    LMS: 8.2.1
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10
    points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

    1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 8.0.0/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

    Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.2.7/ Material Skin 2.6.2

  6. #6
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Hi Andrew,

    Thanks a lot for opening the issue with the Squeezer Developer. You are right it's a weird one... because with SDT it's exactly the opposite. The icon works with squeezer but not with using Jive/Jivelite. I already had a small look into the plugin but my Perl skills are also not the best so code reading takes me some time. In Plugin.pm there is done something like:

    Code:
     my @menu = ({
            text   => 'SuperDateTime',
            'icon-id' => 'plugins/SuperDateTime/html/images/32.png',
            id     => 'pluginSuperDateTime',
            weight => 15,
    		window => { menuStyle => 'album' },
            actions => {
                    go => {
                        player => 0,
                        cmd  => [ 'sdtTop' ],
    					params => {
    						menu => 'nowhere',
    					},
                    },
            },
        });
    If you are up for an challenge and if you want to make Germans happy, I've something for you... ;-) I tried to use M. Hergers RadioParadise as a sample to setup an ARD Audiothek Plugpin - but because of time and my poor LMS/Perl-knowledge it stucks :-( Regarding to M. Herger the Audiothek API looks not bad.
    That's interesting as it's a different method for how I set the icon, and may not work with the Material Skin alternative icon. On this issue I'll wait for some feedback from the Squeezer developer as I don't want to randomly change things I have no way of testing.

    I've spent a little time looking at the ID rather than number issue and think I may have a solution but have to do some testing.

    Sorry I don't have time to look at writing another plugin! This is one of a number of very different side projects I work on and my perl is very limited.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

  7. #7
    Member CodeChimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Hi Andrew,

    because of remove icon mapping in MaterialSkin, I became aware of your plugin - using TVHeadEnd and LMS since many years now I added my DVB-C Radio channels manually to favorites like:
    'http://Squeeze:mypass@LMSServerII:9981/stream/channelid/128246553?profile=radio'

    Great job and infrastructure for your TVH Plugin. This makes it much more comfortable! Especially adding the station icon via favorites.opml was always a pain.

    Two minor things: The icon in Squeezer is missing and it seems your are using the channel number for tuning. In my case all radio channels were 0 and your plugin tuned everything to the same channel. Could you maybe use the id like Kodi is doing it? But for now I set all my channels to a specific channel number. If you like I can open a bug/request in GitHub ;-)

    By the way I'm using HTS Tvheadend in its Version 4.3-1857~g221c29b40 (together with LMS) on a RPi4. Means I've no transcoding via TVHeadEnd enabled - but my DVB-C provider feeds the stations in MPEG-2 audio. So for adding a "Stream Profile" I used: "Type Audio stream/ Audio type: MPEG-2 audio". Works perfect!

    Again - Thanks a lot for the great work!!!
    Michael
    I've managed to fix the issue of channel number rather than channel UUID being used, it is a far better way of handling this.
    Version 1.2.29 released today has the change so you should get the update next time LMS updates your plugins.
    Andrew.

    Squeezebox Transporter Black/TransNav - Onkyo TX-NR1009 - Dali Zensor 5 fronts, Dali E12F Sub
    Squeezebox Touch - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Receiver - Audio Engine A2
    Squeezebox Radio
    Squeezebox Boom
    Squeezebox Controller

    Server: Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Ubuntu/Docker, LMS 7.9.3 (own docker image)
    iPeng

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •