Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: BBC Sounds

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,669

    BBC Sounds

    Trawling around the web and found this, I'm definitely old (sigh). I think it's written in English (insert J-L-Picard facepalm).



    https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/05/bbc...s-on/#comments

    The single comment is inciteful.

    ronnie

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Trawling around the web and found this, I'm definitely old (sigh). I think it's written in English (insert J-L-Picard facepalm).



    https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/05/bbc...s-on/#comments

    The single comment is inciteful.

    ronnie
    The post is called 'Controller Sounds' - how pretentious!
    LMS server: Pi Zero

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

    Brexit = ∞ stupidity


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Trawling around the web and found this, I'm definitely old (sigh). I think it's written in English (insert J-L-Picard facepalm).



    https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/05/bbc...s-on/#comments

    The single comment is inciteful.

    ronnie
    Now we know who is to blame.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,669
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Now we know who is to blame.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Well, partially. She was only meeting the brief.

    The bloke behind the farewell is more to blame as well as the folk in the shadows.

    The BBC original remit was one of Public Service Broacasting.

    Undoubtedly it had many flaws (which could be debated until the cows come home) but this whole "Sounds" business is a mess.

    Why replace an entirely workable app, with a beta that has been with us for nearly twelve months and is still far from complete?

    ronnie

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Well, partially. She was only meeting the brief.

    The bloke behind the farewell is more to blame as well as the folk in the shadows.

    The BBC original remit was one of Public Service Broacasting.

    Undoubtedly it had many flaws (which could be debated until the cows come home) but this whole "Sounds" business is a mess.

    Why replace an entirely workable app, with a beta that has been with us for nearly twelve months and is still far from complete?

    ronnie
    Because ... "new".

    We're in a world of neophiles.


    Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    17,335
    Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Because ... "new".

    We're in a world of neophiles.
    Which is why the replacement will have a "new" strategy for Sounds.

  7. #7
    Senior Member chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Which is why the replacement will have a "new" strategy for Sounds.
    This is a characteristic of many organisations:
    1. Only ambitious people go after the 'top' jobs
    2. Ambitious people need to leave a mark, get noticed, and move on, therefore
    3. Ambitious people never walk into a job and decide "you know what, everything's running fine, I'm not going to change anything"

    It creates a pendulum effect. If you don't like the way the place is being run, just wait for the next ambitious person to take over. It won't be long.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,297
    If only the world was run by us feckless wasters huh?


    Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •