Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: just for fun

just for fun

so, i have 1 Raspberry with 7" Display in my Bathroom, 1 Touch in my living Room and 2 Radios for my children. I have 2 Radios and 1 Touch as Spareparts :-) and just for fun i build this one:

Raspberry pi, 7" Touchdisplay, Hifiberry miniamp and one Flirc.

I only want to see, if all runs as i want. The only Problem is the Display, i think i will build the next one with a display in front and not at top. Unfortunatly the Loudspeaker are to big to bring it with the display in one line. So it would be 500 mm large, and this is to large for me. So i need smaler loudspeaker or the display over the loudspeaker.

Name:  A9F6CBE4-450D-46AB-983C-4E206396F584.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  244.8 KB
    Odroid U3, Raspberry 1-3, 2*Touch, 4*Radio, Ipeng, Squeezecontrol aso.

You could leave it on top, but put some kind of wedges underneath the short sides so it's angled towards the user.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Quote Originally Posted by jonono View Post
    The only Problem is the Display, i think i will build the next one with a display in front and not at top.
    try to mirror the display and put a real mirror @ the Top of your case ;-)

Make speakers taller and use that space to angle the display to listener and store PSU etc
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

loudspeaker

I found the loudspeaker on amazon-warehouse deals for 5 Ç for both :-). That is the reason why they are there. They have a really good sound and so i think i will not change it.
    I think i change the case, so that on top is the first loudspeaker, in the middle is the display and on the bottom the next loudspeakter. I will build a new case :-) The sound is really great.
    Odroid U3, Raspberry 1-3, 2*Touch, 4*Radio, Ipeng, Squeezecontrol aso.