Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojka View Post
    Tested it, and indeed, it's the DAC responding to the new bitrate. On the analog output it plays well.
    That was my suspicion, but it's always good to confirm with a test, as you've done. As you said, if you otherwise like the DAC, this is not a major deal killer.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Indeed, it isn't at all. I'm sure it can be fixed in the LMS software though. I have about 5 DAC's in the house and they all respond the same. Is there some place on this forum for feature requests or issues?

Indeed, it isn't at all. I'm sure it can be fixed in the LMS software though. I have about 5 DAC's in the house and they all respond the same. Is there some place on this forum for feature requests or issues?
    I'm hoping someone might have an idea about a setting on this and chime in.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I don't think it can be fixed in LMS as this depends on the PCM stream sent to a DAC - this seems to be a player / decoder issue.

For LMS to insert some extra data in the stream to the player between a hires stream and a low res stream - what should format of data should be inserted if hires is Flac and low-res is MP3 ? There are so many formats combinations - it doesn't look to be easily implemented in LMS.

edit

An example of something similar is the "-D" option in squeezelite to add delay between switching between PCM and DSD
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-05-30 at 10:21.

@Trojka

Have you looked over here?

and is this the same or similar problem you are talking about here?

If I remember correctly, a forum user sent his SBT to RME and they performed some software magic on the RME dac so that it would work

ronnie

That's an exceptional thing to do for a support service, but for RME even more. And no, this is a slightly different issue. The other one could be reproduced by burning the flac to CD, play it on a BluRay player via HDMI. It had something to do with a pregap imprinted into the wav or flac (in hex view, right after the data block you'd see actual zero's, which were translated as digital silence. The RME has no problem with this and keeps its connection synced, the other one stopped for a moment).

I think I'll ask that daiyama user if he can test the current 'issue' for me.
    Last edited by Trojka; 2019-05-31 at 02:45.

Installed a trial for Roon (wanted to try it anyway), and it offered a resync delay. Problem solved. So far it Roon looks very good.

In fact it works brilliantly.

This is not uncommon, some DACs take an age to sync (my supernait DAC was one of them). My marantz a/v amp on the other hand will switch and lock between 16/44 and full blown dts-hd master streams before you've noticed it's done so..

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

The lowest rsync delay value works (50ms). I played keyboard parts with that kinda latency in 2000, wouldn't call it 'ages'. A lower value would work too, I guess but that wasn't an option. When switching to another track in a different bitrate you're doing something odd anyway, so waiting a few ms is no problem.
    Last edited by Trojka; 2019-06-01 at 02:44.