Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Receiver Replacement?

Hi,
    Sorry if answered previously (I looked for a while!).
    Can I build a replacement for the receiver? With Raspberry Pi etc?

Not a LMS server, that is already elsewhere, as stated a receiver replacement that will work with a controller.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    Melbourne, Australia
    Logitech Duet>Atom MB running VortexBox 0.7
    SC 7.3.3

You could build a RasPi player.
    It's easy enough to do.

An alternative is to use a Chromecast Audio player, if you have a recent version of LMS running - there's a plugin to support Chromecast devices.
    The CCA works very well.
    Chris :)

You can build a replacement for your Duet receiver. A Raspberry Pi, DAC, power supply, case to put it in, a SD card and the Picore player image and you're good to go. Here's a link to a pretty complete set of instructions.
    http://www.easysqueezebox.com/index....i-squeezelite/
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by mfwalker1 View Post
    Can I build a replacement for the receiver? With Raspberry Pi etc?

Not a LMS server, that is already elsewhere, as stated a receiver replacement that will work with a controller.
    Hi mfwalker - I think the difficult part is to make it work with your controller.

If you could instead accept to use a phone app (e.g. Squeezer) or PC or iPad, then a RaspberryPi (headless) can replace your system.

I have upgraded from Sqeezebox Touch, and that route is highly recommended:

http://www.cfuttrup.com/touch_upgrade.html

/Claus

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Hi mfwalker - I think the difficult part is to make it work with your controller.

If you could instead accept to use a phone app (e.g. Squeezer) or PC or iPad, then a RaspberryPi (headless) can replace your system.

I have upgraded from Sqeezebox Touch, and that route is highly recommended:

http://www.cfuttrup.com/touch_upgrade.html

/Claus
    The Duet controller can control any Squeezebox player (hardware or software), as can a Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Radio, or a RPi with screen running Jivelite.
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2019-05-23 at 08:53.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b1 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    The Duet controller can control any Squeezebox player (hardware or software), as can a Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Radio, or a RPi with screen running Jivelite.
    Agreed +++
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've replaced a Duet receiver with PcorePlayer and there is no issue with the Duet controller. Works like any other player and nothing special has to be done to control the PCp.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    OK, I stand corrected. I didn't know... it's strange, because I've had issues with configuring the player through the controller interface in the past, and trouble if either one of them didn't work. If the controller works so seamlessly, I think it means it doesn't really communicate with the player at all, but LMS (the server) directly. Again, just my 2 cent thoughts on the subject.

Best regards,
    Claus

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    OK, I stand corrected. I didn't know... it's strange, because I've had issues with configuring the player through the controller interface in the past, and trouble if either one of them didn't work. If the controller works so seamlessly, I think it means it doesn't really communicate with the player at all, but LMS (the server) directly. Again, just my 2 cent thoughts on the subject.

Best regards,
    Claus
    You are correct. The Controller communicates with LMS to send and control music on a player. The only time the controller interfaces directly with the Duet Receiver is during setup of the receiver. Since the PiCoreplayer is setup differently the controller isn't involved in PCp setup.

Thanks all

Thanks for the discussion every-one. Looks like a A Raspberry Pi & DAC project, sometime in the future.
    Using the controller is a requirement as I find (and others in the household) it easier to use than a phone or tablet app.
    Regards,
    Matt Walker
    Melbourne, Australia
    Logitech Duet>Atom MB running VortexBox 0.7
    SC 7.3.3