Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Sis a NETWORK_WAIT="50"
    Yes, it is there. Into which value should I change it?

Although since changing to the 5GHz network everything is working fine. Very strange!

After nearly two weeks working with the 5GHz network I can say that I did not have a single problem getting an IP-address!

Had the same problem but then with one older android phone. Last week microwave died, suddenly problem gone and then it hit me. Interference on the 2.4Ghz band.
    Not saying you're microwave is faulty but could it be a interference from another device or equipment like microwave, handheld landline phone or something else in the 2.4 band?
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

I have many other devices using the 2.4GHz network and they are all working fine at the same place and none of them had DHCP problems.

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    I have many other devices using the 2.4GHz network and they are all working fine at the same place and none of them had DHCP problems.
    Hello!

I have a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with piCorePlayer and I enabled the WIFI connection (LAN is not connected and not available at the place).

...and your wlan Adapter is named wlan0 -> that means your using the onboard wifi from the rpi3 that is known for bad wifi if your not soldering an external antenna to it....

attach an external antenna or buy a usb wifi with antenna.

Hello!

It is not a problem of the WIFI signal to have bad quality. It is only that piCorePlayer is not getting an IP address via DHCP. The connection quality itself is good!

hi carsten_h,

I don't think there is a general problem with piCorePlayer like you describe... if there was, lots of people would be complaining!

I use 2.4GHz wifi exclusively. I do a lot of my development on RPi's over wifi and I reboot many times a day.

Of course, there could be a unique combination with your network and piCorePlayer, or something special with your pCP setup that highlights a hidden piCorePlayer issue.

regards
    Greg

Hello!

It is not a problem of the WIFI signal to have bad quality. It is only that piCorePlayer is not getting an IP address via DHCP. The connection quality itself is good!
    search for dhcp issue wifi repeater on the www if you didnt believe.