Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: audiophonics

audiophonics

hi everyone,

i'm new here, though i've been using sb touch and radio for many years now. i'm looking to upgrade my very early rasp pi + picoreplayer/lms to the new b+ and came across audiophonics in france. i was wondering if anybody knew anything about them and/or their products? this "RASPDAC LTE I-SABRE ES9038Q2M" looks especially interesting...

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by me_here View Post
    hi everyone,

i'm new here, though i've been using sb touch and radio for many years now. i'm looking to upgrade my very early rasp pi + picoreplayer/lms to the new b+ and came across audiophonics in france. i was wondering if anybody knew anything about them and/or their products? this "RASPDAC LTE I-SABRE ES9038Q2M" looks especially interesting...

many thanks
    Audiophonics have been around for some time but are pricey.

There is a thread on here somewhere about difficulties getting the power button to work with piCorePlayer but I can't recall where.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

audiophonics

The main issue was a lack of documentation (and a misleading/incorrect post in an old thread in the forums that threw me off-track). The hardware itself appears to be solid and customer support in principle is good. Some screws were missing from my case, they got sent to me very quickly. The main issue seems to be that they appear to have a very limited number of English speakers on staff, making email hit-and-miss.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by pputzer; 2019-05-20 at 07:50.

Thanks guys, that's much appreciated. Perhaps my reasonable French will help me out if it ever comes to it