Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Touch does not go to sleep anymore

I have the settings in LMS set to put all my Touches to sleep when not in use and display the time. However, one Touch always stays with the screen on.

How do I fix this?

thanks

Really? No one??

What settings are you talking about exactly?

Are you sure you have set it correctly on the specific touch. Btw assume you're using the plug in for this. As fast as I know it's not a standard feature.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

It's a stock LMS setting, you find it audio setting for every player (first option)
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Harman Kardon Citation One
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 0020.1557815622 @ Tue May 14 08:51:56 CEST 2019
    Castbridge
    Squeeze Ctrl
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Is this just screensaver settings?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There are no screen settings for Touch accessible through LMS WebUI Player Setting

All screen & Screen saver setting are local to Touch & Radio player - this is true for all Squeezeplay based player and is different from the older IP3K player such as SB3, Transporter or Boom..

There are audio settings in LMS on whether stream should resume on power up. The OPs problem is probably a combination of the local Touch screensaver settings and the LMS audio "power on Resume" setting - the rogue player may have a different combination.
    Last edited by bpa; 2019-06-18 at 12:41.

With all 3 of my other Touch units, when I stop playing music it goes to sleep after a time and displays the clock. I thought this was something that was configured through the web application. However, now upon looking I no longer see that option.

There is a SLEEP option on the Touch itself under settings. However, I am not clear what it is supposed to do. It has the options to go to sleep after 15 to 90 minutes. does this mean that it would go to sleep at that interval after music has stopped or would it go to sleep after that interval during music playback?

Also, I don't see any option to tell it what to display once it does go to sleep as there used to be in the web application.

Quote Originally Posted by tdehan View Post
    With all 3 of my other Touch units, when I stop playing music it goes to sleep after a time and displays the clock. I thought this was something that was configured through the web application. However, now upon looking I no longer see that option.

There is a SLEEP option on the Touch itself under settings. However, I am not clear what it is supposed to do. It has the options to go to sleep after 15 to 90 minutes. does this mean that it would go to sleep at that interval after music has stopped or would it go to sleep after that interval during music playback?

Also, I don't see any option to tell it what to display once it does go to sleep as there used to be in the web application.
    Look for screensaver options under display settings on the Touch.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sounds like the Powersave plugin to me...

When installed gives the option to turn off each configured player when paused or stopped after nn minutes (default/minimum is 15 minutes)

Access via the powersave option in LMS settings page for each player.

Kev