Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Bluetooth AND Soundcard possible?

Hi All,

so i have picoreplayer 4.1.0 running smoothly on a Rpi3+, listening to flac music from a Geekworm Raspberry Pi X850 mSATA SSD, output to a Bose Soundlink mini II, which works a treat, only a bit too much on the bass-y side of the spectrum.

I found the equalizer in picoreplayer, which, i think, only works with a proper device, a soundcard. Got myself a justboom DAC, connecting the Soundlink on the "jack" and it works well: can modify the sound every way i like. Only: i'm not able to combine the two, bluetooth output and soundcontrol via DAC.

Now: has anyone got this, or a similar setup running? Bluetooth output AND soundcontrol with the DAC?

Would be grateful for any hint, even a plain and well founded "does not work" will be welcome.

Best Regards
    Matthias

Feeding the output of the DAC through an external bluetooth transmitter should work. But you've probably already thought of that. I'm sure you're hoping for a simpler solution that doesn't require additional hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Feeding the output of the DAC through an external bluetooth transmitter should work. But you've probably already thought of that. I'm sure you're hoping for a simpler solution that doesn't require additional hardware.
    Hi RobbH,

thanks for replying! I did think of that, but space is limited, having mounted everything in a Smartipi case with the touchscreen. Aaaand i was hoping to have missed something and getting a most elegant "...switch-to-beta-click-the- button..." reply. Ah well...

Have good time, stay happy, healthy and get rich.

Best regards
    Matthias

It's probably possible, but you will need to get into the guts of asound.conf. Both Alsa Equalizer and Bluezalsa are Alsa Modules, so I'm not sure how to route from one module to another.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    It's probably possible, but you will need to get into the guts of asound.conf. Both Alsa Equalizer and Bluezalsa are Alsa Modules, so I'm not sure how to route from one module to another.
    thank you, Paul, didn't think of that and will look into it.

So, would you say playing sound through the soundcard (even without equalizer) to bluetooth is not possible?

Best regards
    Matthias
    Last edited by mattiwbln; 2019-05-17 at 10:48.