Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Issues with scanning new music

This morning I ripped a couple of CD's with DBPoweramp and copied them to my media server, rescanned files and checked that they showed up under new music and were tagged properly. This normally takes about 1 minute to run as I have a very fast dedicated machine with a flash array. A notification popped up that there was a new version of the server available, so I logged into my media server and ran the updates as I have many times before. I ripped another CD and also added some FLAC files that I acquired from Bandcamp and reran the scan media. It took almost 45 minutes to run, so I knew there were problems. When I checked the New Music, it had two entries for each Bandcamp album I had added. I check my back catalog and every single Bandcamp album that I have purchase (over 350) shows up twice in the database. There may be others, but I'm not certain as my collection is currently over 5600 albums. I ripped another CD and added it to the server, rescanned and it showed up as a single entry under New Music. The Bandcamp FLAC albums are still all doubled.

The version of LMS that I installed this morning when the problem started was Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578587389 @ Thu Jan 9 17:38:02 WEST 2020

Thanks for any help.

-More info

After a closer look - All Bandcamp FLAC download albums show as two copies of the same album and all CD rips have every track duplicated in each album (The duplicates show the same path). My database showed about 65000 tracks before the upgrade and now shows 130000 tracks.
    Last edited by King of Efland; 2020-01-10 at 10:04.

Issues with scanning new music

I am, right this very minute, erasing and re-scanning my entire
    collection because I noticed that 100s of albums now show 2, 3, or 4
    times in the list when I look at, say, Genre.

But ... I'm using an older version:Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1
    - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018

Still, many, many, many duplications. And sometimes, and the reason I
    started the rescan, I see either tracks duplicated under one album
    listing or multiple albums with the same set of tracks.

Guy

On 1/10/2020 10:56 AM, King of Efland wrote:
    >
    > This morning I ripped a couple of CD's with DBPoweramp and copied them
    > to my media server, rescanned files and checked that they showed up
    > under new music and were tagged properly. This normally takes about 1
    > minute to run as I have a very fast dedicated machine with a flash
    > array. A notification popped up that there was a new version of the
    > server available, so I logged into my media server and ran the updates
    > as I have many times before. I ripped another CD and also added some
    > FLAC files that I acquired from Bandcamp and reran the scan media. It
    > took almost 45 minutes to run, so I knew there were problems. When I
    > checked the New Music, it had two entries for each Bandcamp album I had
    > added. I check my back catalog and every single Bandcamp album that I
    > have purchase (over 350) shows up twice in the database. There may be
    > others, but I'm not certain as my collection is currently over 5600
    > albums. I ripped another CD and added it to the server, rescanned and
    > it showed up as a single entry under New Music. The Bandcamp FLAC
    > albums are still all doubled.
    >
    > The version of LMS that I installed this morning when the problem
    > started was Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578587389 @ Thu Jan
    > 9 17:38:02 WEST 2020
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > King of Efland's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=69727
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=111463
    >
    >

Quote Originally Posted by King of Efland View Post
    This morning I ripped a couple of CD's with DBPoweramp and copied them to my media server, rescanned files and checked that they showed up under new music and were tagged properly. This normally takes about 1 minute to run as I have a very fast dedicated machine with a flash array. A notification popped up that there was a new version of the server available, so I logged into my media server and ran the updates as I have many times before. I ripped another CD and also added some FLAC files that I acquired from Bandcamp and reran the scan media. It took almost 45 minutes to run, so I knew there were problems. When I checked the New Music, it had two entries for each Bandcamp album I had added. I check my back catalog and every single Bandcamp album that I have purchase (over 350) shows up twice in the database. There may be others, but I'm not certain as my collection is currently over 5600 albums. I ripped another CD and added it to the server, rescanned and it showed up as a single entry under New Music. The Bandcamp FLAC albums are still all doubled.

The version of LMS that I installed this morning when the problem started was Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578587389 @ Thu Jan 9 17:38:02 WEST 2020

Thanks for any help.

-More info

After a closer look - All Bandcamp FLAC download albums show as two copies of the same album and all CD rips have every track duplicated in each album (The duplicates show the same path). My database showed about 65000 tracks before the upgrade and now shows 130000 tracks.
    You don't have .cue or .m3u files in your album folders?

Have you done a clear and rescan, instead of a look for new and changed?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post

No, I have not. I will likely back off of this version until there is a fix. Any ripped CD I try to play doubles each track on playback.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post

A clear and rescan had the same results

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

What OS are you running?
    If Windows have you by any chance enabled OneDrive?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I see many duplications in my 3000+ album/55,000+ library.

Windows10 is the install.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
    Hostname: DoIT-6VJX382
    Server IP Address: nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 1

Total Tracks: 53,730
    Total Albums: 3,615
    Total Artists: 8,500
    Total Genres: 37
    Total Playing Time: 5083:04:45

Attached screen shots show what I mean.

Genre listing of albums showing dups, e.g., 2011 Winter Solstice Collection (2011), 2012 Winter Solstic-Dec. 13-15( 2012) and Anam (1992) and (Assorted Malletts (2011).

Name:  GenreAlbumListing.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  153.1 KB

Listing of tracks in 2011 Winter Solstice Collection (2011) alongside the Windows Explorer view of the directory the .flac files are in. There are no dups of either directory or files.

Name:  GenreTrackListingOneAlbum.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  127.4 KB

Use of the "find" command showing that there are no .cue or .m3u files in the entire set of /music/ directories (find ./* does a recursive search)

Name:  NoCUEOrM3UFilesInMusicDirectories.png
Views: 115
Size:  8.3 KB

Eleven albums total in this Genre listing. One is listed four times (tracks 1-4 in one album, track 5 in the second, same name; both of these "albums" duplicated). One has a album listed once, but the tracks in it are doubled (a single album, but track1, track1, track2, track2, track3, track3).

What you see in the screen shots is immediately AFTER a "Clear library and rescan everything" run:

The server has finished scanning your media library.
    Total Time: 00:24:02 (Friday, January 10, 2020 / 11:14 AM)

MS OneDrive IS installed on this particular computer, but I have never logged into it, so it should not be syncing anything (as it has no place to sync anything to).

Should we perform at clean install of LMS on some periodic schedule? I mean, wipe everything and start from scratch? I confess I hate the entire idea of doing that. But what options are there?

Quote Originally Posted by gstalnaker View Post
    Should we perform at clean install of LMS on some periodic schedule? I mean, wipe everything and start from scratch? I confess I hate the entire idea of doing that. But what options are there?
    IIRC, I never had to do this.
    What I'd try is setting the LMS root music folder to a newly created folder outside your current music folder and copy an album to it that currently shows duplicates and let it perform a full scan. If this works fine, add one more and let it scan for changed files etc. Looks like you don't use the typical Artist/Album folder structure. So you could try this as well. As soon as you get duplicates again, I'd set the log level for the scanner to debug (see Settings/Advanced/Logging) and see if that shows up something.

UGH! I think you are right. But that's no use of LSM during the trouble-shooting. Which I suppose isn't all that bad. I do actually have a real CD player connected to my stereo at home (and a CD drive in the computer at work). I think, though, I'll concentrate on my home system where this same kind of duplication occurs (the libraries are copies of each other, so the same folder structure and same albums/tracks).

You'd think this has got to be some kind of tag issue or something in the way that the tab db is being maintained over time.