Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by piperpilot12w View Post
    I purchased the Rasberry Pi kit and external hard drive. I have it setup and running. I'm a bit confused as to taking it from this point to get piCorePlayer and LMS on it and functioning with the Transporter.

On the piCorePlayer site it speaks of downloading piCorePlayer and inserting the SD card into the PC. Am I to remove the SD card from the Pi (do I just pull it out or is there an unmount command in Pi) and insert into my PC for downloading piCorePlayer? Are there any step by step tutorials out there for getting the Pi/HDD setup with LMS and running with the Transporter?

What will be the method of connection for the Pi/HDD to the Transporter?
    1. The rPi running LMS connects to your network (can be sitting next to your router connected via ethernet).
    2. The Transporter connects to your router (via ethernet or WIFI).
    3. Then you can control LMS via the front of the transporter, from any computer on your network, from any smart phone or pad (iphone or ipad, for example) on your network.

Regarding setting up rPi to run LMS, see these instructions (Note the tabs at the top, "getting started", "how to", "LMS", etc. Click on each of these to get more info.

https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_getting_started.shtml
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I purchased the Rasberry Pi kit and external hard drive. I have it setup and running. I'm a bit confused as to taking it from this point to get piCorePlayer and LMS on it and functioning with the Transporter.

On the piCorePlayer site it speaks of downloading piCorePlayer and inserting the SD card into the PC. Am I to remove the SD card from the Pi (do I just pull it out or is there an unmount command in Pi) and insert into my PC for downloading piCorePlayer? Are there any step by step tutorials out there for getting the Pi/HDD setup with LMS and running with the Transporter?

What will be the method of connection for the Pi/HDD to the Transporter?
    piCorePlayer is an operating system specifically for squeezeboxes, download it, burn it to an SD card, insert it into your Pi, with an ethernet cable attached to your router, apply power, then come back here.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

I followed the How To section on piCorePlayer
    This is how far I've made it. This is what the RaspberryPi shows when I start it. Not sure where to go from here?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by piperpilot12w; 2019-06-05 at 20:23.

Now start a web browser on your PC and go to
    http://192.168.0.106:9000
    and configure your LMS
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

When I bring up LMS there is no player found on my PC. I have Windows Defender turned off as well.

Try restarting your Transporter (or other Squeezebox Player) so that it detects the new LMS on the LAN.

Separate issue ... I did not see a mention of your external drive in the pCP startup sequence.
    Is it plugged into a Pi USB socket?
    If it is then perhaps (and quite likely) it needs its own power supply.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

I was able to get it to detect the Transporter and Pi after restart.
    In the screenshot you observed no HDD. I didn't have it connected then.
    After connecting the HDD to the Pi( it's USB powered), I'm not able to access the HDD for music files.
    I've enclosed a new screenshot now that I have the HDD connected. Do you see it listed now?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was able to get it to detect the Transporter and Pi after restart.
    In the screenshot you observed no HDD. I didn't have it connected then.
    After connecting the HDD to the Pi( it's USB powered), I'm not able to access the HDD for music files.
    I've enclosed a new screenshot now that I have the HDD connected. Do you see it listed now?
    did you do this?

Name:  aapicoreusb.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  171.8 KB

ronnie

@piperpilot12w

It may be as well to start a new post in one of the piCorePlayer threads https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...rePlayer-4-0-0 where the pCP devs hang out.
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B/pCP 6.0.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    did you do this?

Name:  aapicoreusb.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  171.8 KB

ronnie
    No, I didn't do that. I saw that section, but the Samba made me think it was some specialized software that didn't apply for my needs.

I went through the steps for that and the HDD is now recognized.

Everything seems to be working now. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and assistance.