Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Have you tried running LMS on a Pi?
    No, I prefer to use Windows. I do a lot of comparisons of various ripped vinyl and CD pressings so I need Foobar2000 to do this. Programs like Squeezeplay are useless for that. Essentially I use my Transporter like a USB DAC. In fact, I was looking for a USB DAC to replace my Transporter but I can't find anything (within $$$) that sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    You'll need to run WPD after nearly all Win 10 updates though becuase as d6jg says, updates turns back on "features" that WPD (and O&OShutup10) turns off
    It doesn't take much to rerun WPD. Just one check-mark and that's it. BTW, my Windows 10 does not reset WPD after an update. But like I said I'm running LTSC. Actually, WPD used to disable Windows 10 updates but it's not doing that these days...gotta contact the author about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    It doesn't take much to rerun WPD.
    I know but worth saying for people who don't know (Not you obviously)
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I know but worth saying for people who don't know (Not you obviously)
    Yes, true. It's a good heads up.

Like I said. Lms on a pi by using picoreplayer so that transporter etc work like they should. Then use the W10 box for ripping, comparing whatever you want to do. Store flac file on a nas with to mirrored drives and you're done.
    Setting up picoreplayer is not that difficult and has been proven to be a good and stable solution.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Like I said. Lms on a pi by using picoreplayer so that transporter etc work like they should. Then use the W10 box for ripping, comparing whatever you want to do. Store flac file on a nas with to mirrored drives and you're done.
    Setting up picoreplayer is not that difficult and has been proven to be a good and stable solution.
    No disagreement here (or with anyone else). I only offer any advice I can for those wanting to run LMS on a PC. I certainly wouldn't advocate it.

No offense taken
    W10 sucks when it comes to 24/7 running without interruptions or surprises.
    Have to deal with this at a lot of workstations, keeps us busy.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Thanks for the ideas. If I go with the Raspberry Pi with piCorePlayer. Will the following kit be a good setup to get started with the Raspberry Pi?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BCC8PK7...d-03efec45caec

Would this HDD be suitable?
    https://www.amazon.com/Elements-Port...tronics&sr=1-3

Quote Originally Posted by piperpilot12w View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. If I go with the Raspberry Pi with piCorePlayer. Will the following kit be a good setup to get started with the Raspberry Pi?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BCC8PK7...d-03efec45caec

Would this HDD be suitable?
    https://www.amazon.com/Elements-Port...tronics&sr=1-3
    Yep, both those would work. I use a 4TB version of the HDD above in a PiCorePlayer setup on a 3B+. Works flawlessly. Easy to setup and plenty of assistance here on the forum if you run into questions.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I purchased the Rasberry Pi kit and external hard drive. I have it setup and running. I'm a bit confused as to taking it from this point to get piCorePlayer and LMS on it and functioning with the Transporter.

On the piCorePlayer site it speaks of downloading piCorePlayer and inserting the SD card into the PC. Am I to remove the SD card from the Pi (do I just pull it out or is there an unmount command in Pi) and insert into my PC for downloading piCorePlayer? Are there any step by step tutorials out there for getting the Pi/HDD setup with LMS and running with the Transporter?

What will be the method of connection for the Pi/HDD to the Transporter?