Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Is there a PuTTy verssion for linux?

I've used PuTTy on windows for years to access LMS on a pi. For example, paste (right mouse click) to run the 'sudo dpkg -i ... ' updates.

I'm now using linux mint and installed the equivalent rewrite of putty (looks identical!) BUT this doesn't have any way to paste (no keys or mouse clicks).

Any ideas (including a putty alternative which allows paste)?
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I've used PuTTy on windows for years to access LMS on a pi. For example, paste (right mouse click) to run the 'sudo dpkg -i ... ' updates.

I'm now using linux mint and installed the equivalent rewrite of putty (looks identical!) BUT this doesn't have any way to paste (no keys or mouse clicks).

Any ideas (including a putty alternative which allows paste)?
    All terminals I have ever used in Linux support copy/paste (since it's actually a X11 functionality (clipboard), that's why you can e.g. copy/paste from an editor to the terminal etc.)
    Ususally: left MB=select, right MB=extend selection, middle MB=paste
    also, <shift><insert>

Does the "equivalent rewrite of putty" have a name?
    In the (unlikely) case it really doesn't support the clipboard, simply use the pre-installed GNOME terminal

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    All terminals I have ever used in Linux support copy/paste (since it's actually a X11 functionality (clipboard), that's why you can e.g. copy/paste from an editor to the terminal etc.)
    Ususally: left MB=select, right MB=extend selection, middle MB=paste
    also, <shift><insert>

Does the "equivalent rewrite of putty" have a name?
    In the (unlikely) case it really doesn't support the clipboard, simply use the pre-installed GNOME terminal
    From mint software manger:

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

putty installed on ubuntu (or debian) copy and paste works fine. Highlighting text and then paste is set as the middle mouse button though.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

hmm - seems my mouse is only 2 buttons.

looks like i'm out of luck

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    hmm - seems my mouse is only 2 buttons.

looks like i'm out of luck
    All linux versions I have used have a setting for the mouse where the middle button is emulated by pressing the left and right button simultaneous. See Settings for Mouse/Trackpad (at least for Cinnamon desktop).
    2 Touch, 1 Picoreplayer 4.1.0 on RaspBerry 3B with 7" display
    LMS latest nightly on Ubuntu 18.04.1 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB
    All wired

Thanks for all the feedback = sadly, no luck for me. Mouse settings doesn't have button values for anything but speed.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Did you try shift+ins or ctrl-shift-ins - or ctrl-shift-v - or enter or, if you have a wheel on the mouse try pushing it down like a button.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Did you try shift+ins or ctrl-shift-ins - or ctrl-shift-v - or enter or, if you have a wheel on the mouse try pushing it down like a button.
    BINGO!!!!!

ctrl-shift-insert works !!!

Thanks so much.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity