Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Does switching mains reduces life span of boom, classic and reporter

I think we all know that the display of these players is one of the weak spots so I was wandering if it would help the overall life of the system by switching of the mains when not in use (sort of pulling the power plug from main socket).
    I could image a negative side effect when doing this daily (one of the SB2 is standing next to cinema set that is switched completely powerless when not in use including the SB2)
    Any input is welcome.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Does switching mains reduces life span of boom, classic and reporter

Doing this for a looong time already with my Boom that is some 10 years old. The display’s brightness is not perfect anymore but still ok. Really can’t say if it helps to prolong the life of the IP3K players, as of course I don’t how well my Boom would do without being taken off the mains daily. At least in my case it doesn’t seem to do any harm.

My SB2 is from 2006 and still ok but never used any Screensaver when not in use (only blank display) Now I changed setup in the AV corner and made it so that everything it essential switches fully off when AVR is switching of, hence the question. Especially since the SB2 will be replaced by a transporter in the next couple of weeks.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's

In my experience fully switching off is ok. Never caused any troubles.

Ok, good to hear!