Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

General Support Question

I am running piCorePlayer on a Rasp Pi 3B along with LMS and Samba to server a Solid State Drive that is attached to the Pi.

I pay to subscribe to JazzRadio and have added the JazzRadio Plugin. When I first did this, the JazzRadio plugin would show up under "My Apps" in the Browser interface my.Ip.address:9000

The JazzRadio has disappeared from the Browser (I use Chrome) but I also use iPeng and I can see (and use) the JazzRaio App from there.

So what ends up happening - I go to iPeng, select My Apps and tap on JazzRadio. JazzRadio then plays on the Pi. It even shows up as what is playing in the Browser and yet when I use the Browser interface there is nothing in the My Apps folder. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling a few times but it still is not working as I'd like.

Anyone have any ideas for what is wrong or how I can debug what is happening?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

General Support Question

Please check your server.log - any hint about LMS having problems
    reaching mysqueezebox.com?

Also: sometimes a LMS restart does solve this. LMS only, not the server
    machine.
    --

Michael

I think this "apps don't show up" issue is worth some more investigation. It now makes for some 60-70% of all the support requests I get for iPeng (it happens the other way around, too: not showing in iPeng but showing in the web interface).

I suspect a lot of cases are about ambiguous MACs or default MACs (like 00:00:00:00:00:00) but I don't know.
    Some are definitely due to the use of older LMS versions (7.8 seems especially susceptible now)
    I wonder whether there would be some way to add a way to more easily diagnose this.

The most common behavior I see is that the whole "My Apps" menu shows up empty. This is usually due to some sort of communication issue with MySB but I think in this case it's not sensible that LMS doesn't provide entries for local plugins, too, which is the current behavior. Someone only using Spotty should not have to diagnose issues with MySB or even need MySB.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

General Support Question

> The most common behavior I see is that the whole "My Apps" menu shows up
    > empty. This is usually due to some sort of communication issue with MySB
    > but I think in this case it's not sensible that LMS doesn't provide
    > entries for local plugins, too, which is the current behavior. Someone
    > only using Spotty should not have to diagnose issues with MySB or even
    > need MySB.

I thought I had fixed that in 7.9.x. The menu being empty indeed would
    be the result of a failed signin to mysqueezebox.com. But local plugins
    should still show up.

--

Michael

I noticed the same behavior when I selected the "no SB" option on pcp menu. On a touch the menu was empty. Removing the "no SB" option did recover the menu.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I thought I had fixed that in 7.9.x. The menu being empty indeed would
    be the result of a failed signin to mysqueezebox.com. But local plugins
    should still show up.
    OK, I will keep monitoring this.
    I still see a number of cases in 7.9 but that might all be people actually using MySB services.

It would still be good to know in these cases whether the problem is a general connection issue with MySB or a player not being identified.
    The latter happens more often recently due to some of these software player setups.
    More people now have players with zero-MACs and then I recently ran into the case of a vendor selling standardized modules for home installation with LMS and SqueezeLite preinstalled - all of them obviously cloned from a single install image....
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

I think you are on to something with the zero-MAC situation. I had this problem a couple of months ago when I added a 2nd rPi. Sometimes rebooting would get the apps to show up, sometimes not. Then I noticed the zero-MAC on one of the rPi's. I manually input the MAC in Squeezelite and I haven't had the problem since.