Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox 3 documentation

Hi,

My SB3 is dead. My brother-in-law thinks he can fix it if he can find a schema over the printlayout. Is that available anywhere?
    /Kuben72

2 Duet, 1 SB3, 1 Boom and 2 Radios

> My SB3 is dead. My brother-in-law thinks he can fix it if he can find a
    > schema over the printlayout. Is that available anywhere?

Unfortunately I didn't manage to "free" the documentation despite
    several attempts. There are forum users Philippe44 and JoeMuc2009 who
    might have some idea, as they've successfully repaired SBs in the past.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > My SB3 is dead. My brother-in-law thinks he can fix it if he can find a
    > schema over the printlayout. Is that available anywhere?

Unfortunately I didn't manage to "free" the documentation despite
    several attempts. There are forum users Philippe44 and JoeMuc2009 who
    might have some idea, as they've successfully repaired SBs in the past.

--

Michael
    Once you have tried a new PSU, removed the WiFi card then you need to change the electrolytic capacitors. Worked for me every time except once where I did something stupid
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Once you have tried a new PSU, removed the WiFi card then you need to change the electrolytic capacitors. Worked for me every time except once where I did something stupid
    Thank you for your answers. I have allready tried with a new PSU. It didnít help. My brother-in-law will try to remove the wifi-card to see if that will help.
    If we need to change the capacitors do you know were we can get replacements?
    /Kuben72

2 Duet, 1 SB3, 1 Boom and 2 Radios

Quote Originally Posted by Kuben72 View Post
    Thank you for your answers. I have allready tried with a new PSU. It didnít help. My brother-in-law will try to remove the wifi-card to see if that will help.
    If we need to change the capacitors do you know were we can get replacements?
    If you search on this forum (canít remember the exact thread) youíll find the list of references that Iíve provided a couple of times. Nothing exotic, just SMD caps. I buy at DigiKey (in NAM)
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

SB3 cap replacement didnt do a thing to mine. I replaced all the 220uf caps and even most of the 10's and still no change. Some you can measure in circuit, others you can't but every one I could not measure good in circuit I pulled and replaced. If you are not getting more than 5V to the pins 1-2-3, and 87-88-89 (the 3 end pins of the VFD) then the VFD power circuit is bad. You should see much more voltage than 5 on this rail.

Quote Originally Posted by pishta View Post
    SB3 cap replacement didnt do a thing to mine. I replaced all the 220uf caps and even most of the 10's and still no change. Some you can measure in circuit, others you can't but every one I could not measure good in circuit I pulled and replaced. If you are not getting more than 5V to the pins 1-2-3, and 87-88-89 (the 3 end pins of the VFD) then the VFD power circuit is bad. You should see much more voltage than 5 on this rail.
    Depends on the issue you were observing. I always change all of them and it always worked for random reboot issues

what pins are the 55v rail and what component does that boosted low amp 55v come from? Stumped and the noritake site is down with the pinout. Others say pin 6 but is that pin 6 as they count (123..456----71,72,73) or is that position 6 (123..6789etc) as I have same 7v on the outboard pins with no voltage drop and that leads me to believe that there should be voltage drop for any display on a VFD per another post about a 3 in series diode voltage drop mod across outboard pins and ground to drop voltage 2.1V . Ive got 3.52v on pin "6" which is the 4th pin from right facing VFD. 0V on counted pin 6.

I might have missed something but Iím not sure you have described what is the issue that happened with your SB
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-09-23 at 03:08.