Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    the shutdown is gpio 17, active high, and pull down
    Same result. According to Audiophonics images, these are the pin-to-GPIO mappings:

When I switch the cables around (connecting GPIO.04 from the PI-SPC to supposed GPIO.22 on the DAC and vice versa), these settings and the button actually make the pCP shutdown, but the power off is not (reliably) triggered, although all three LEDs on the PI-SPC are lit at the end of the sequence.

Here's the actual cabling (when the button triggers a shutdown, i.e. reversed from what I read from the documented pin layout):

Name:  0 - Cabling (klein).jpg
Views: 42
Size:  251.7 KB

Normal operations:
    Name:  1 - Normal operation (klein).jpg
Views: 39
Size:  228.5 KB

Shutdown triggered (but not complete):
    Name:  2 - Shutdown triggered (klein).jpg
Views: 42
Size:  229.3 KB

Shutdown complete (but power not cut):
    Name:  3 - Shutdown finished (klein).jpg
Views: 43
Size:  230.2 KB

The audiophonics documentation is confusing. And I didn't help, as I was referring to this power board.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/raspb...i-p-10912.html

But my board has an IR remote on it, so perhaps it was never released......the silk screen is messed up on my board too. The cable connected to the "SoftShutdown" (Labeled GPIO4 on the documentation) They had a tag on the connector end that said GPIO17. I'm really not sure how to connect yours.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The audiophonics documentation is confusing. And I didn't help, as I was referring to this power board.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/raspb...i-p-10912.html

But my board has an IR remote on it, so perhaps it was never released......the silk screen is messed up on my board too. The cable connected to the "SoftShutdown" (Labeled GPIO4 on the documentation) They had a tag on the connector end that said GPIO17. I'm really not sure how to connect yours.
    Interesting. Mine has an extra set of connectors at a 90░ angle to the GPIOs, where one pin is labled "IR". It differs from the images of the power board at the Audiophonics site (but it looks like that's the only difference). I've already written to Audiophonics, but have not received a reply yet.

I finally figured it out

The original wiring I had was correct. The missing piece was that the gpio-poweroff overlay needs "active_low" to be enabled (either the posting by Audiophonics contained a typo, or they changed the board later on). With the wiring according to the Audiophonics pictures and these settings, everything now works reliably:

Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-12 um 18.17.27.png
Views: 33
Size:  25.8 KB

Thanks again for the great work on piCorePlayer, and for the help in here!